Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

on 1/30/2017 7:36:00 AM

I love this palette, the package, the smell, the colors. Everything is stuninng. For this price you get many shadows compare to other paletts of too faced which have 9 colors and it costs 36 $. I used it everyday alone or combine it whith other paletts.

on 1/19/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Buy this palette because you need it and you will love it like i do

on 1/11/2017 2:18:00 PM

I'm honestly just not that wowed by this. I got this a few months ago when I got my Ulta credit card after wanting all 3 chocolate bar palettes forever. I just got this and the semi sweet, though. I think that i'm not in love with it because it's just another set of neutrals, and I LOVE neutrals. Nothing super impressive in here. I don't think the purples are that pretty/look that good and I don't use purple that often anyways. Gilded ganache is so ugly to me. I don't like gold so i'll almost never use creme brulee. I do really like the highlight shades, milk chocolate is good, too but nothing that I don't already have. Strawberry bonbon is pretty but i'm not sure how to wear it. I need to play with it. Amaretto, cherry cordial and black forest truffle are all really pretty also, but I guess I haven't really been that inspired to create a look with them. Haute chocolate showed up way darker than I had wanted and I want to love Marzipan but it also came out way darker/gold than I expected. The packaging is super cute though and the smell is amazing but I think I could have probably lived without this. I blame all of the hype around it. Maybe if I play around with it some more I'll like it. I made myself use the peach palette for 3 days to see if I liked it and wanted to keep it and also watched a lot of tutorials and ended up liking it and keeping it. I need to do the same for this I suppose. I just wish I loved it so much more than I do.

Update: I've found that mixing milk chocolate and semi-sweet gives me a nice crease color, and I like to go back and press white chocolate on the lid after for an everyday look. I do a similar thing with the semi-sweet palette and like the shade I get better when mixing 2 browns in there but sometimes I'll use this instead so I don't run out of the 2 in semi sweet too fast. Annoyed I only like 3 shades out of the whole palette but glad I at least found a use with it. Added 1 star.

on 1/3/2017 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Such a nice neutral palette:) i got this last year when i went to mexico and i use it almost everyday its perfect. I dont even feel the need to buy any more eyeshadow because (i already have enough besides this) it has everything i need. Smells nice :) should know that couple of shades are more dry than the others so just use a good base and load your brush with the product. Btw the colour champagne truffle i think? Is really pretty as a face highlight!

on 1/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

I would never purchase this palette again. It's way too boring for me. I personally feel like Too Faced fills a good majority of their palettes with a ton of browns. I never use this and this was my first high end palette.

Its really good

on 12/29/2016 8:52:00 PM

I really enjoy all there eye shadow sets. I love the packaging that's the draw of it for me. The colors are great quite a few different ones that the usual to play around with. My favorite colors would be the triple fudge and gilded ganache. Great shimmer to 10 of the colors. Last a lot longer then The Balm shadow I just bought a couple weeks ago. I will definitely buy all their collections when I can afford them.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The packaging feels very substantial, and it has a magnetic closure and a large mirror inside. The colors are all very wearable, and blend easily. The only thing I don't like is the fallout, especially with the glitter shades. After a couple hours, I am wearing more glitter under my eye than on it. The chocolate smell is crazy strong at first, and while it does subside, it's definitely still there.

on 12/26/2016 7:58:00 AM

I am in love with this product , I received it yesterday on Christmas and followed a Palatte tutorial it came out to die for ! Just from the look I created I already love it more than my UD naked Palette and intend on trying more looks shortly .

on 1/2/2017 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Chocolate bar when it first came out (with the thicker packaging) & I absolutely loved it. It was my everyday palette and used almost every single shadows. Unfortunately, I lost my first palette and bought a second with the new packaging which is thinner. I can't help but notice that the formula changed? It might just be me, but I didn't find myself reaching for some shadow as it seem dry and as richly pigmented as the first one. (Ex. cherry cordial, strawberry bon bon) The color selection is perfect for everyday natural looks as it consists of various brown shades with different undertones yet keeping it fun with some pop of colors that are neutral. I especially love using salted caramel in the crease. Without a primer, the shadows lasted a good 4-5 hours before it begins to fade and with a primer, it lasted 7+ hours.