Giorgio Armani Si

3.5

I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews of this. There are a million and a half spawn of Flowerbomb and I have no interest in trying most of them anymore--Flowerbomb is perfect as it is for me and it has that special something that has made me reach for it again over the years. The reason I am reviewing Si is because I stumbled over it and it took me by surprise. I got a little sample spray vial in a Sephora order, used it all up....got another sample in a Nordstrom order, used it up....now I find myself keeping samples of it in my purse, on my vanity at home, etc. I basically hoover up samples wherever I can find them. It is unabashedly gourmand, but I don't find it as in your face as La Vie Est Belle (which is a much closer Flowerbomb clone, imo). There is something quietly unusual about it....I swear I smell pistachio, and I think that's what I love about it. That is not in the notes though. Even if you have gourmand fatigue, I would suggest trying a spritz of this on skin. I'm not sure if I will ever actually get around to purchasing a full bottle of it thanks to my sample stash. But it is full bottle worthy to me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Since Armani isn't cruelty-free, I won't be repurchasing this, but other than that, I love this perfume.
Just a matter of taste. I personally love the scent, sweet but somehow a bit spicy. Lasts long, in contrast to other voices here I feel there is sophistication, maturity, and femininity to it. I always feel very woman when I wear it, and a little sexy, too.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tested this and hate it! I usually love Armani perfumes but this is the only one I don't care for. It's disgustingly sweet and would give someone a headache. It's also bitter and smells like bug spray in a way. If you want the same strong sweet smell, I would say go to la vie set belle by lancome.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Someone here mentioned how it reeks of industrial chemicals, or bugspray, and i agree. Very synthetic sweetness, it's like Lancome La Vie en belle, but worse-overwhelming candy, nothing attractive. Just too over the top, with no grounding note. The patchouli is horribly random. Just thrown together. It smells cheap and not well done., It's like a teenage girl's idea of what she would like to smell like with loads of different Victoria Secret perfumes on. By the way, similar to Victoria's Secret garbage, the lasting power is nothing special either.

To me, Flowerbomb is the best from all the gourmands. At least it unwinds gently, lasts, changes, and has some sort of movement to it. And it's not a clashing cacophony like Si, there is harmony to the drydown. This is just a garbage dump of ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. No discernment, no sign of intelligent thought being put into it. Just....ALLTHESWEETNOTESEVARRRR. For this price, i wasn't expecting something equivalent to $30 worth of Disney princess memorabilia. I really fail to understand the good reviews, but that's nothing new for me. When I hate something, I royally hate it.

It's like if an annoying teenage girl had a Tumblr for perfume notes. You know, instead of reblogging umpteen unicorn and coloured braces and candy hearts pictures, perfume notes. I hope you can sense the disdain there.

The first time I smelt this perfume I actually heaved, it was awful. but I went to get my hair done and my stylist smelt AMAZING! So I asked her what she was wearing and of course it was GA Si. so I went on a whim and bought it although I hated it when I first ever smelt it. but my gosh I love this perfume, I've completely changed my mind about it. it smells so good and classy. I think it's a sophisticated woman's perfume. it is rather pricey but completely worth it! if they ever discontinued this perfume I would actually cry.

I just threw up. This made me so nauseous. I tried to get rid of the smell with a bath. Still lingering. Horrible sweet musk - it ends up smelling like sweet puke during the dry down. Absolutely terrible

I just recieved this as a early birthday present and I am so in love!. I am very happy with this perfume. I was asked what perfume I would like for my birthday (my sister in law works in a beauty makeup store) I had no idea what to get I was getting bored with my usual scents and she suggested Si, it's a feminine smell, musky and warm tones. My partner also loves the scent too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Giorgio Armani Si is a very close cousin, as many have noted to Lancome's La Vie Est Belle, which, to me and on my skin, smells like a more wearable, lighter version of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. The Lancome and Chanel seem more directly similar with their prominent notes of orange blossom and a sugared patchouli vibe which is similar too but more refined and not nearly as sweet as Viktor and Rolf's Flowebomb.

Si is unique to all these others in that it has a sour grape (listed in notes as blackcurrant but it seems also grapey to me) tinge that gives the impression of wine or maybe champagne (but honestly I get more of a red wine/red grape feel) to the sugared patchouli, where orange blossom and jasmine are found in La vie est belle and Coco Mademoiselle. And that sourness does add a refreshing break-up to the sweet patchouli notes unlike Flowerbomb which is just straight up sweet/

Out of the mix of all of these mentioned, Armani Si may be my favorite of this mix because it is slightly more unique and not being so sweet and heavy and dense at the same time as the Chanel, but the mere fact that I mentioning so many other fragrances, and not just for the sake of pointing out differences, but also a lot of key similarities, makes me feel that this fragrance is just too similar, though I can see why it is so well-tried and well loved and deservedly well-appreciated. It is just not for me. Also, the sour grape note after even just a few minutes of wear turns very bitter and metallic on my skin, which may be a nuance rather than a negative that brings more character to the fragrance, and, again, while it DOES help set it apart from these other fruit/sugared patchouli delectables out there, I just don't find the way it wears on my skin all that pleasant to my own tastest. But everyone is different, so it may be something you enjoy and/or that wears beautifully on your skin

Love this scent and lasts ages!

Si? I say No! Fragrance is admittedly very subjective but this it so unpleasant it is noteworthy. I can't pin it down, but it smells floral with a strong undertone of industrial chemical (Raid roach spray?) Truly awful.

Popular Fragrances