TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

4.2

I picked this beauty up on Hautelook when it was only $18 (and I'm not sure if I would've paid $42 for it, even though the palette is quite nice). The shadows are completely matte, buttery smooth and blendable. I love how there's a mix of cool and warm shades, although I wish they would've thrown in a shade like MAC's Soft Brown for a transition color. Also, the peach shade and white shade are both too stark to make a good, subtle lid color for day time -- I often have to mix them to get a nice cream color. Those are my only two minor gripes with the palette. I use it a lot, whether on its own for a sleek, all matte look, or adding one of the shades to a shimmery eye. My favorite and most used shade, the reddish brown (Matt Garcia). Love the palette but won't repurchase as I don't see myself running out any time soon.

on 10/23/2014 10:25:00 AM

So far I am veeeeery satisfied with this palette! It has become my go-to palette for the daytime, and I've been having great fun putting together different looks. There's a good mix of cool and warm shades, a nice variety of different browns especially. Each eyeshadow seems to have good pigmentation, and the pans are enormous. This will last you a long time! I really needed a matte pallete to balance out all the shimmers you get in other palettes, so this worked out nicely.

on 8/19/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Excellent pigmentation and very easy to blend. Shadows feel like butter and can create effortless and beautiful looks. It's great to have an all matte palette that gives you a more polished and professional appearance, or a glowing natural look. I'm so impressed with TheBalm quality, it's totally worth the price!

This is a great matte pallete the shadows are quite large and you need so little shadow. I do not think I will run out of any of these shadows. I am a bit worried about the shadows braking when traveling due to the packaging that's what happened to another the balm palette I owned. I bought mine on hautelook for $18 which is really cheap for a palette that normally is $48 now that I own it and have used it for months I can say I would pay the $48 for it but before I would not have.

on 7/21/2014 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this palette off of Haute Look for a discounted price, at about $18, so it was a really good deal. It comes with nine nude, matte eyeshadows, and you get a lot of product in this. The palette has a pretty wide range of neutrals, from a stark white, to warm toned browns, to some taupes. I do wish there was a lighter flesh toned shadow, which is what I tend to use as a blending color. However, the palette is overall very versatile and appropriate for everyday. I love the big mirror and the clever names of the shadows. And as always, TheBalm shadows are extremely pigmented. I like this a lot more than my Stila In the Know palette, which is another neutral, matte palette.

on 9/11/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette a few months ago at a heavy discount from Hautelook.com. The discount definitely helped up my rating of this product's price. I'd be less enthusiastic if I'd payed full price.

As you can see from the picture on this website, the palette contains 9 shades of eyeshadow, mostly in earthy brown shades. They are all very, very matte, which is exactly what I wanted (shimmer eyeshadow stops being your friend after you reach a certain age). Most of the colors tend towards the warmer side and many may be too dark for fair skin, however the picture does not accurately show the colors, which are not so dark.

I am fair skinned and tend to avoid prefer cool colors and Matt Abdul is definitely my favorite color in the palette, it is a perfect cool taupe for when I want a natural look (my husband sometimes cannot tell I'm wearing any shadow when I use it, but it brings out my blue/green/gray eyes very nicely). I also use Matt Hung, which is a cool brown with a bit of purple. For my brow bone I use Matt Singh, an orangey color with Matt Maloy (a pure white) over it. Matt Singh alone does not look good on me without the white over it to make it more flesh toned. The other colors do not get a lot of use because they are too dark, and/or too warm for my skin tone. I could use some of them as liners, but Matt Lombardi, a very warm brown, and Matt Rosen, golden yellow are just not for me. That is what happens with most palettes, there are always some colors you never use.

What I love about these shadows is that they go on very smoothly and remind me of velvet. They have great staying power with no creasing and very little fading after 12 hours when I use with a primer. They are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I've used Matt Abdul every day for weeks and it barely looks touched.

The packaging is adorable and although it is made of cardboard, it has a nice sized mirror and is magnetized to stay closed when you close it.

All in all, this is my favorite eyeshadow set, specifically because of the Matt Abdul color, but I think a lot of people would find it to be a worthwhile purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've eyed Meet Matte Nude for awhile and didn't feel like nine matte shades was worth the price of $42, so I went on Amazon and found it 50% off. Thebalm often has flash sales and is on other sites for a discount. I would never pay full price for their products. They're good products/formulas, but the packaging is cheap cardboard and plastic. It's a great matte palette and the shades are wearable. I really like Abdul and Hung because you don't often find those shades. Matte palettes are no longer as common as they were 10+ years ago, so I think everyone needs at least one in their collection.

@ Nancygia, you're talking about the first Meet Matte palette and not this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Most useful palette I'd ever have. There are several reasons why I think it is. First, A+ for the packaging. It holds a lot of product in a thin and sturdy cardboard packaging. It is also light weight and is about the same size as an ipad mini, which makes it a very easy product to carry around. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and the formula is great with minimal fall out. The colors are perfect, you can make a million looks with this palette alone or pair it with other eyeshadows. The darker colors can be use as eyeliner and the lighter ones like Matte Singh and Matte Lombardi can be used as an all over lid shadow or transitioning shadow. The slightly darker mauve color, like Matte Abdul and Matte Hung can be use on the outer corner of the eyelids. I use this palette everyday and I love it. I highly recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was extremely excited to try this out because
a.) Its from TheBalm and
b.) It's Matte in Nude colours (yes please)

and I honestly had no idea what the formula would be like I didn't know weather it'd be powdery or what not and when I got to use it- I was totally amazed. Like I seriously just broke up with my UD Naked 2 Palette because this is SO SO much better. It's creamier and stays on longer and you don't even need an eye primer. It's so creamy that it just really blends in smoothly and it has a soft texture airbrushed finish and it doesn't fall under your eye when you're doing a smokey eye with it and it's just truly amazing

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best eyeshadow palette! TheBalm is such a great brand and I can't believe how much I love this palette. Before my best friend bought me this for Christmas last year, all I've really tried from TheBalm was their blush and was never super impressed.

Finally, when I tried the Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette, I was instantly shocked. These eyeshadows are so pigmented and are creamy. I know, this products aren't cream eyeshadows but they blend just like one. I recommend this product for new eyeshadow wearers as you can easily get that perfect blended look with these shadows.

I was so shocked when I put this on because it is so incredibly soft. I also love the colours as a nude palette. I'm sure you've noticed but most "nude" palettes are a lot of different shades of brown. This palette has a lot of neutral colours that people wouldn't usually consider such as a dark purple (Matt Hung/Matt Abdul), a pink (Matt Singh) and a grey (Matt Johnson).

Oh, and before I go, let's just talk about how much I love "Matt Lombardi". Although this colour is quite "yellow" this is a perfect colour - for my skin - to blend my crease colour into as it blends nicely and acts as a great lid colour. It is yellow so it cancels out the blueish tones around my eye.