It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

I purchased a travel size of this CC at Ulta for $15. I am NC25 and found the "Light" color to dark for me, I also applied 1/4 tsp of this to my face (it wasn't easy, this product is thick) to make sure I was getting the SPF coverage I needed I applied this over my Replenix CF serum and oil-free moisturizer.

I am normal to oily (t-zone) and found it to be heavy, suffocating, and it smelled faintly of lemons, (luckily it didn't linger). It was greasy going on, but was wearable with powder on my t-zone, Unfortunately it got increasingly drier as the day went on, and this coupled with the too dark shade looked terrible and aged me - not the look I was going for at all :(

I was looking for a CC cream to wear on the weekends with a high mineral SPF, buildable, unscented coverage, and good color match, this product met only one of those criteria (SPF).

If your normal to dry, like a full coverage CC cream, and can find a color match, this may work for you. It was a "NO" for me though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's keep this review simple. It claims 7 things and will see if the product lives up to the claims for me. Combo skin, textured with acne and acne scars to cover up. Here are IT Cosmetic's claims:

Claims:
Full-coverage foundation: Yes, the coverage is quite full on this, and most the redness and marks were covered up.
SPF 50+ UVA/UVB broad-spectrum physical sunscreen: Yes, but you need a lot of get this to be effective (rule of thumb is 1/2 teaspoon for your whole face, that is A LOT of product).
Brightening color corrector: Sort of, it color corrects but I don't feel any "brightening". My skin glowed a little from the dewy finish.
Hydrating Anti-aging serum: Sort of. It is hydrating, but I wore it for a few months and I don't feel any younger.
Poreless finish primer: Sort of, you can use it as a primer but I don't notice my pores going away.
Dark spot concealer: Yes, it does cover dark spots.
Moisturizing day cream: Yes, it does moisturize.

Pros: It does a lot of what it claims

Cons: After a few hours, the texture on my skin started to really accentuate and the cream dried out on my dry spots and got more oily on my t-zone. This was during a winter day, I have never had a foundation do that in the winter on me. The transfer was a bit crazy as well.

There is potential in this product and maybe it is better if you use it as a primer, and I have had success with mixing it into foundations if you need to change the consistency (to be less viscous). Worn alone, however, did not work out too well for me.

Lets start with the positives: It does blend on the skin super nicely and smells good, so I can see why people initially like it.
HOWEVER... there are several ingredients of concern in this product. It contains several essential oils that are known skin irritants, like orange peel oil, and lemon peel oil. These can even damage your skin over time. There are also a ton of comedogenic ingredients in here (run the ingredients list thru an online checker and you will see). So of course, this made me break out after just one day of use. If you are acne prone, I wouldn't suggest this at all. And if you have sensitive skin, essential oils are especially damaging for you. Bottom line, I don't think this is good for any skin, and it may hurt skin in the long run.
i

Yes, I absolutely love this stuff. I have pretty perfect skin though, not to sound conceited. I just mean that if you have a lot to cover up, I don't think this will be for you. It does have good coverage for what I need it to do, just cover some slight redness. It looks amazing in and stays all day however the shade range is deplorable. I'm only a nc35 in MAC and I wear shade Medium Tan. After that there's only about 1 shade left to choose from. And I know people come in way more colors than just a little deeper than me. Although I tried this once, I don't want to support a brand that doesn't have inclusivity. And for that reason, I won't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just sampled and tried this today at Sephora! Went on Beautiful! My skin just needs a little evening out. Gal used this and some Bobbi Brown bronzer! I looked and felt pretty! Yayayayaya!! I naturally bought this along with Shiseido eye cream ! I love the samples they give too!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After seeing this product in the shopping Channel many times I finally caved and bought it! And I love it! I have combo / sensitive/ acne prone/ large pore skin. This product isn’t full coverage but evened out my skin beautifully , didn’t break me out, made my pores less visible and gave it a bit of a glow. It’s Perfect for daytime use. The SPF50 is great too and on a recent trip to Mexico this worked perfectly. This has since replaced my HG Nars tinted moisturizer which gave a similar result ( maybe a bit less Dewy) but had no SPF in it (Canada) . This now my go to everyday product when I need some coverage and SPF. It also had a very light citrus fragrance which is nice.

I love this product. I have combination skin and freckles that are less 'cute' and more... 'blotchy' looking. My skin is super clear so I don't need a ton of foundation to cover it, I just want something that makes my freckles look less 'blotchy' while smoothing everything out and giving me a dewey, but not oily, looking glow. This product does all of that for me and stays on all day.

Pros: huge SPF factor!
doesn't cake
long lasting
gives a glowy finish
covers imperfections and redness without looking like you globbed on makeup
light
natural looking
no smell (some foundations with spf have a smell to them that i hate)
doesn't transfer after it sets
doesn't make me break out

Cons: dispenser gives out too much product in my opinion
after applying, i blot my face with an oil sheet otherwise it can look a bit oily in my t zone (one blot in the morning though seems to last all day so I'm not sure if that oil is coming from the foundation itself or what... no idea)

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the hype around this product. I have tried to make this work because I love the fact that it has spf 50. No matter how I apply it, it doesn't cover well and I become a grease pit w/in a few hours. It just looks awful on my skin - blotchy and uneven. I have had little luck with this brand, even though it seems to have a cult following.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

NC25-30, use the shade Medium and it's great. As another reviewer said, the shade seems adaptable. It swatches more cool toned than my skin but somehow it just works. Under some lighting conditions my skin looks strangely tinged and unhealthy to me, but with this on, never!

It covers redness, darkness, and doesn't accentuate skin texture. Coverage looks like it goes on full, becomes medium once it sets. Satin finish that leans dewy. It looks very natural and skin-like even when though it feels oily. (I have normal skin).

The lasting power is poor, it doesn't look bad once it fades, but it fades significantly.

I'll be short and sweet: this product is utter #@$&! I tested it at Sephora on one half of my face (Milk foundation on the other. BTW that one seemed to work great!), and the coverage was pathetic, my skin looked dull, and it accentuated all of my pores. Worst of all, it broke me out instantly! I wore it for a couple of hours that evening, then took it off at home. The following morning, sure enough, three pimples on the side of my face I tested the CC on!! The scary part is, I almost blamed my HG serum for the pimples! Now, that's just evil, CC! Shame on you! And don't get me started on the sky-high price tag!