Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream

Shiseido  Perfect Hydrating BB Cream

-Ensulizole 2% -Octinoxate 7.4% -Titanium Dioxide 7.2% Water, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Xylitol, Peg-6, Peg-32, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Thiotaurine, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Arginine Hcl, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Sodium Pca, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Ppg-17, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aminomethyl Propanol, Aluminum Distearate, Isostearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Alumina, Polysilicone-2, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polybutylene Glycol/Ppg-9/1 Copolymer, Bht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 2/2/2014 2:42:00 PM

Shiseido is my favorite skin care line and I wear their White Lucent Softener underneath the White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion every night before bedtime...after I wash my face with their Benefiance cleaner. And I'm usually washing away my HG makeup, Shiseido Powder Cream Foundation compact. Though I do love Shiseido, I was shocked at how poor their BB offering performed. Coverage was lacking, product did not blend well, and their range of colors was poor, none matching my skin tone. In addition, it oxidized and made my face look orange, as if I'd slathered on fake tanning cream. Just not up to Shiseido's usual high standards.

on 1/24/2014 7:10:00 AM

So I saw this in a magazine and as my mum was on the hunt for BB creams and suggested to her to buy this Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream. She bought it in light and found it was a very versatile product with just enough coverage for every day use. She started experimenting and added it with the Clinique CC Cream and it was amazing! As I was suffering from mild acne, I had highly pigmented scars and a few pimples left, after my treatment. Just a few weeks ago, my mum gave me this BB cream to use opposed to my normal heavy liquid foundation. I still have the scars, but it gives great coverage. At first, when I squeezed it out of the tube, it was whitish and when I applied it over my face, it was the wrong colour. I kept on blending it in as I would like moisturiser and then evened it out with the Beauty Blender. By the time I finished, it had oxidised and was a perfect match for my Asian skin. I have a fairly congested face and my pores didn't seemed to show as much as other make-ups I have used previously. If my pimple was still a little noticeable, I'd dab a bit on and blend it. My skin is oily and even though my face did oil up during the day, the BB cream didn't congest my face. Overall, this is my holy grail item, this is essential to my daily routine and with a bit of blush and lip balm, it gives the perfect natural look!

on 10/21/2013 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this BB cream! First, it's very low maintenance. If I'm in a rush in the morning, this is the base I reach for because it's a moisturizer/sunscreen/foundation in one. I think the SPF 35 is quite generous, considering other BB's and tinted moisturizers are usually in the 10-20 SPF range. And most importantly for any base product, it makes the skin look beautiful, fresh and evens out any discolorations. It also lasts pretty long on the skin. Add setting powder or UD setting spray and this lasts as well as any of my regular foundations.

The packaging is great as well. It's a long, thin tube that fits perfect in any bag. I also like that the tip is very thin. It controls the amount of product that is dispensed very well. It also keeps the packaging clean. Other BB's/TM's I've tried have similar packaging to lotions/hand creams, which can be messy.

This is one of the more accessible BB's made by an Asian company. It seems like most American BB's are like repackaged tinted moisturizers. And purchasing an Asian BB can be risky as far as the shade selection and purchasing online. This one is available at Sephora/department stores, is made by a reputable Asian company, and comes in shades that will fit more than just the palest of skintones.

I think the the price is very reasonable as well at $32 USD with 1.1 fl oz of product.

on 12/20/2013 2:54:00 PM

I really wanted to try out a BB cream as I've heard so much talk about it, so of course I scan MUA for the best I can get a hold of where I live, and my choise fell on this. So I went to pick up a sample, but to my dissapointment it made me look orange. I have pink undertones to my skin, so I guess this is a good product if you got yellow. Another thing I didn't like was the finish look. It was a bit to dewey, on the edge to shiny, but I guess some powder can fix that problem, so it's no major. Anyway, despite the colour and finish I LOVED the texture and how it felt on my skin. If they ever come out with colours for pinkish undertones I will definitely buy!
I now got my eyes on Lumenes BB cream, which supposedly is for pink undertoned skin, yay!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Kinda on the fence about this one. Upon intial application my skintone came out looking super pale as it wasn't a near perfect color match but after about 30 minutes of a little bit of oxidation it came close to matching my skin but it wasn't perfect. My chin actually looked darker than the rest of my face and it stayed that way all day. I only applied this over my daytime serum and I experienced zero break thru oil. If the shade was a better fit for me I would give it 5 stars. Its just too neutral for my nc45 skintone. Just needs a tad bit more of yellow. It definitely works well at keeping the oil slick under control and I love the fact that it didn't irritate my skin. I hope that they formulate a darker shade.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an overpriced bb cream that isn't very special. I've tried drugstore products better than this. I'd get a sample... This oxidizes and makes your skin look orangish.

on 10/17/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Another winner from Shiseido.

Pros:
Color adjusts to your skin tone and blends in perfectly.
Great to use over a physical block sunscreen to cancel out the white cast.
Adds moisture without adding shine.
Gives skin a healthy glow without sparkles.
Excellent sun protection.

Cons:
Cannot think of any!

on 7/18/2013 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was looking for a one product option to take with me on a trip to stand in for the Dr. Hauschka Bronzing lotion/Sheseido sunscreen combo that I usually use. Both time and space in my bag will be at a premium on this trip and I'll be outside most of the day so I needed something that could stand up to the heat and humidity, give me light coverage, good sunscreen protection and would not break me out. Tall order but the SA at Sephora directed me to this because it's SPF 35. I was a little sceptical at first because I had tried samples of their tinted sunscreen and found the color selection terrible. This only comes in two color options, Medium and Dark. Initially the SA matched me to the Dark but I found it a bit too warm. It blended in ok and probably would have looked ok because my face is lighter than the rest of me but I wasn't thrilled by it. Not quite satisfied I asked to try the medium shade. I think it's easier and more natural looking to throw on a little bronzer or contour so that your face matches the rest of your body in summer than to go with a bad foundation match. Surprisingly it blended into my natural skin tone perfectly. It has just the right amount of yellow undertones. This goes on best buffed in with a synthetic buffer or small kabuki and evens out my complexion nicely. It sinks in quickly, doesn't break me out and isn't sticky, oily or heavy feeling. Obviously this is labeled as a BB Cream so I wasn't expecting full coverage but this does layer for much better coverage than expected especially when used with some concealer. I have cone sensitive combo skin and find this to be just the right amount of moisture for me in the summer when TM's can melt in the humidity and BB's aren't even a consideration this is perfect for me. If you have dry skin this isn't going to be enough for you. I've not taken this on vacation yet but so far it's held up well in humidity and mild sun exposure. This is not labeled water resistant like their regular sunscreens but only seems slightly less of a pain in the rear to remove so I think I'll be using this for day to day and the water resistant for swimming and exercise. A little pricey but I'm willing to repurchase for sunscreen I trust combined with the TM coverage I'm looking for. Just wish there was a bit more product for the money.

**Update**

I still think this is an ok product but after using it on my trip while I was running around alot I became less and less impressed. It didn't hold up as well as I'd hoped and after a while my skin started cranking out a lot of oil when I used this making it blotchy looking by lunch Still nice for lazy days or running to the grocery etc. but not what I was looking for in the long run so I returned it. I prefer their Extra Smooth sunscreen tinted with a bronzer to this and that's readily available at TJ Maxx usually at a discounted price.

on 8/19/2013 12:48:00 AM

I have this in the shade dark which suits NC42-44 skin tones. This is the first bb cream I've ever used and I would repurchase this again. I don't necessarily consider it moisturizing for my dry skin... actually I find the texture kind of light and drying/mattifying. I don't rub the product in usually - I just pat it in and I find that it works well. I love that it has an spf 35. I think this product may be great for summer time or for those who live in humid climates and/or with normal to oily skin.

on 10/13/2013 7:26:00 PM

I grew up watching my mom use Shiseido face creams. She always looked much younger than her age and had a great glow. She seldom wore makeup but really didn't need any. So I thought I'd try out the Shiseido line. The cost, however, is very prohibitive. This BB cream comes in a very small and thin tube. It didn't last that long so I'll have to by more soon but am not so happy about paying a lot of money for so little product.

BUT, the product itself is great. Smells nice and goes on very smooth. Great coverage and feels good for my skin. The color also matches me well (fair skin with freckles and under eye darkness, some redness). I use 'Medium' and it blended well with my tone. Oh and it made my skin feel very smooth. I would love to use this product on a daily basis but I don't think I can afford it! I'll just use it sometimes when I feel like I need heavier coverage than my Stila tinted moisturizer.