Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

2.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 2/7/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I use this with the Cover FX Illuminating Primer and I love it! It seems this is a foundation you love or hate - no in-between! I've received many compliments on my skin since I started wearing this. It evens outs my complexion nicely and gives me medium coverage. I use a moisturizer with SPF under the primer.

on 1/31/2016 9:42:00 PM

I would give this foundation zero lippies if I could.. At first, I thought this foundation would be very promising. I applied it and initially loved the finish.. It's a dewy finish, very radiant. I thought I may have found my new HG foundation. But after a few hours of wear, I noticed it started to accentuate my pores and the fine lines near my eyes. I wasn't too worried, nothing a quick touch up couldn't fix.. But within another hour or two, the foundation started to separate and slide off my face. I do not normally have oily skin but I seriously looked like a slicked up grease ball. It should be noted I used a primer, set my face with a setting powder and also setting spray. Highly disappointed and I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love trying new foundations, saw few reviews on this foundation and had high hopes. I like the color selection and color match. I tried two colors G30 and N30 which matches me better.I like the packaging, blends well, medium to full coverage and decently priced. I followed my usual routine, moisturize, mattifying primer on the t-zone, smoothing primer all over, foundation, setting powder and finish with the setting spray. After two hours, my face turned into oily mess. Since I'm pretty good about using mattifying foundations for my oily skin, I haven't seen my face this oily in a longtime, especially after such short period of time after application. Blotting seem to help but noticed it accentuated the dry patches. It wasn't long lasting, probably lasted less than 8 hours and wore off around my nose, chin and cheeks. I'll try to mix in cover fx custom drops and see if it makes any difference.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got a sample of this product from Sephora and I LOVE IT. I am honestly surprised at the rating and comments of this product on MakeupAlley. Personally, I find that this foundation is versatile because I started trying this out as a concealer (using a brush or even my fingers to put it on blemishes and under my eyes) and it worked wonderfully. As a concealer, it covers my undereyes perfectly; it also provides a decent coverage for my blemishes. This foundation stays on my face for a long time and does not seem to "melt" off after hours. The longest that I've gone with this foundation was probably 5-6 hours so far, so I will continue to test this. It is fairly lightweight for a foundation of this formula/consistency.

Pros:
-Can be used as a concealer
-Great range of shades
-Good coverage
-Lasts for hours without making your face oily (but you have to powder)

Cons:
-Expensive

on 10/21/2015 9:26:00 AM

Love the packaging, but the love stops there. I expected this to be full coverage, it's not. (I consider Esste Lauder Double Wear to be full coverage, and holy grail.) I also expected a natural finish foundation to be okay for dry skin. It definitely grabbed at dry patches. I tried putting a drop of beauty oil in, but it didn't seem to help. I've tried with a brush and a beauty blender, I just can't make it work for my dry skin.

on 12/31/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I genuinely do not understand the bad reviews this has. This is my new HG foundation. I have tried everything...Drugstore, Urban Decay, Sephora, Clinique, Too Faced, Mac, etc and I will not be buying a new foundation for a very long time. This does everything I could want foundation to do and looks flawless in doing so.

My skin... straight up normal, not oily or dry. I don't even find that I need concealer when I wear this. I still apply some under my eyes but not as much as I do with other foundations. I have shade G20, I typically wear Urban Decay 2.0 for reference.

This is full coverage without being cakey. I apply 2-3 layers of this stuff, set with a little powder and then use a finishing spray. You can leave this after 1 small layer and have a sheer to light coverage. I thought it was lying about that claim but you can truly go from light to full coverage with this product. Granted do I look like I'm wearing makeup? Absolutely, but in a you know her skin isn't that flawless kinda way. It still lets my freckles show through which I love but it covers if I'm getting a pimple one day. Granted, I don't have any real blemishes or scars so I can't speak for that.

It lasts throughout the day and does not oxidize!! It almost looks better at the end of the day.. I don't want to take it off! When taking your makeup off at night with this foundation you definitely have to work though. If there any is con, I'll say that is it. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out either.

Truly, 10/10. Try it.

EDIT- I've added two pictures, 1 of a close up around the mouth because foundation typically breaks up around here on me and shows lines and then 2, one of the side of my face.

Great product. Blends really well. This was recommended to me by the cosmetician for my sensitive, oily skin (as well as for covering up acne) - which is nice that there's a foundation that covers all these bases (pun not intended). I don't have to use much product to get the desired result, so it lasts a long time before having to re-purchase.

Speaking of re-purchasing, I noticed they've upped the price (but that might depend on the store). I don't know if I would be willing to pay an even higher amount than when I first got this. That would depend on how effective other foundations are compared to this one.

on 6/11/2015 8:39:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I have sun spots and uneven tone and it does a great job evening everything out. I feel you can also build up the coverage that you want and a little product goes a long way. This is a definite buy again. I also used Sephora's color match to find the right color for my skin. 😊

on 7/10/2015 11:15:00 PM

first application covers well until after a couple hrs it starts to melt off. Would not buy again

I have very sensitive combination skin. I bought this foundation in hopes of it giving long lasting coverage that looks good and natural without breaking me out. It did the opposite. I could feel it heavy on my face all day and it never set for long. I would use primer, setting spray, setting powder, no-transfer spray, and it would only look set and matte and not oily for an hour.by hr 3-4 it would start fading away. Transfers very easily. Not to mention it broke me out something serious, I had never in my life broke out on my forehead and it did this. It would sting when I applied it and it made my skin peel. Maybe it was my skins reaction to an ingredient idk. I just purchased Clinique even better for $27 and it lasted me all day! It doesn't feel heavy on my face at all and stayed matte all day when I used setting powder. Cover fx is not worth the price and NOT for sensitive acne prone skin. My pores felt suffocated.