CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Liking this CC cream. I am comparing it to my other CC by Marcelle which I also like.

This flat tube is far more travel friendly than Marcelle's big square acrylic bottle with a pump. It fits into the carry on liquid allowance easily so this will be my travel CC cream in place of Marcelle.

However it isn't quite as nice feeling as the Marcelle CC, it is a bit thicker in application and in feeling on the skin especially as time wears on. By the end of the day, this becomes a bit drying and feels heavy.

But the skin looks lovely and this maintains its' finish all day long.

I got it in Light Medium which worked out better than Marcelle's Light Medium which was a bit too dark. Neither oxidize during the day, but this is closer to my skin colour which is a NC15 to 20.

I put it on overtop my Olay Complete SPF 30 for sensitive skin, and it went on fine. No pilling or balling up. Coverage is heavier than a BB, and about the same as the Marcelle CC, both being more foundation like than BB cream like.

The squeeze tube means you only use what you need for the coverage you need. it blends out easily, and sheers out fine. It does pool a bit in the pores as does the Marcelle but on me, almost EVERYTHING does that a bit, and this isn't too bad.

It wears all day long and I liked it.

I stopped using it when I bought a Lancome foundation I liked with a nicer finish but I will use this up on days I just want a CC, same as I will the Marcelle. After that, I will probably buy a tube of this for ease of travel but my main foundation is the Lancome Visionnaire.

UPDATED: No I won't rebuy this, simply because the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude stick cushion foundation is equally easy to travel with, and has a much better finish. I always apply any foundation or CC over sunscreen anyway, because I don't trust the coverage when you have to thin the product out to make it look skin like so I don't care if my stuff has sunscreen or not. I'm done using it, the feel of it by the end of the day is a bit heavy still. Good product though, still think it's worth a 4 star.

on 2/18/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't have major problem with my skin so far, and my skin is quiet strong when it comes to trying out different products (very insensitive) so I don't really use foundation.
The only base I use for my face is this CC cream.
I used a Korean BB cream before (even before the craze about BB cream started). So this review is based on my comparison between my old BB cream and this Clinique CC Cream...

This CC cream has more human like color when applied . When I used my BB cream long time ago, I always looked ghastly gray at first that I actually need to wait quiet a while for it to oxidise before going out. This Clinique CC Cream does not leave a ghastly gray cast when applied and when it oxidises, it gives a very natural, healthy looking skin.

It has a low - medium coverage. Good for people looking for just an everyday base make up (I mostly use it just to even out my skin tone, not to cover up major blemishes / marks because this product might be too weak for that purpose)

Thick consistency - Compared to other CC cream that I have tried, this one has a tiny bit thicker consistency. Because I like a runnier consistency for my cc cream (because it's easier to be spread around), I usually mix it with my Clinique moisturiser first, and then put spots of it on my face and dab it away with my damp beauty blender.

Would buy again in the future ! I am actually on my 3rd bottle right now :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never used a BB or CC cream, but I decided to give this one a try, as my skin is fortunately clear and doesn't really need foundation--just a sheer wash to polish my look.

I love this cream because, as a woman with pale skin, it is rather difficult to find coloured skin creams that aren't too pink or too yellow. This one is amazing. It goes on very smoothly, and matches my skin tone perfectly.

The fact that it is oil-free, contains sunscreen, and has a faint yet pleasant scent (no "sunscreen odour") is a major selling point for me. This just may be my HG CC cream! I will most definitely purchase this one again.

on 1/2/2016 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a very pasty-white girl with very cool undertones and I was looking for something that would even out my skin and slight acne scarring without the heft of a real foundation. I'd been using Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream for a few months in the summer before I bought this and I loved it, but Retin-A makes my skin flaky in places so I wanted something more moisturizing. This has worked well - it does sometimes settle in flaky bits, but is movable enough that I can just layer more moisturizer over it and blend it in. Its consistency is easy to blend and I don't have to be as exact as I do with regular foundation because it's light and matches my skin tone perfectly, so I can be as lazy as I want (and am.) I would recommend having a good concealer to use alongside this - the coverage isn't nearly enough for under my eyes - but overall, if I set it with loose powder, it stays in place and looks good most of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oxidizes so bad! I would avoid at all cost because the product isn't the only bad thing. The cap gets so messy that half the product is wasted on it.

on 12/21/2015 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this one.
I had been using this in the summer. And it was brilliant. My skin was somehow hydrated and it felt really good on the skin. But as the weather got colder, this cc cream got worse and worse. First of all, it changes its colour as the day passes and becomes really dark. Secondly, it made my skin super oily. It stays in place almost perfectly, but makes me oily. Thirdly, it caused me breakouts after using for a month. Yes, my skin is very sensitive, but it was created for sensitive skin, as a consultant said to me, so wth.
I would not recommend this cc cream for girls, who have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I would recommend Clarince Skin Illusion ;)

on 12/3/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a woman with sensitive skin, this product was my perfect daily substitute for foundation. The formula is thicker than a typical CC cream, yet not as heavy as other liquidations. There is a tad shine to the product, so I would suggest using a powder on top as well just counter the effect. The price is a tad steep, but well worth the amount for the SPF and overall natural coverage. I would certainly buy again.

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

on 10/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

on 10/21/2015 10:59:00 PM

Okay, so I did a trial of this, hoping it would be moisturising with the added bonus of SPF 30. I've been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (which I freaking LOVE, but $101), but the Clinique CC is half the price ($50), and the sales assistant was convincing (and said if i come back to purchase I can get 15% off if I bring my flight itinerary).

Decent coverage, looks fine, but makes my skin feel SO dry, and tight, when I smile in the mirror my laugh lines are prominent. Coverage is medium, decent colour match (Chanel I'm B50, this i'm Medium Deep), even but actually looks unnatural? Not hugely impressed with this, and had high hopes. I feel dry patches around my nose, cheeks, mouth.

Also, smells weird. Sort of paint like. Clinique is supposed to be all fragrance free right, but maybe they should reconsider...

I'm giving it a go, but at this stage i'm going have to use a pretty nourishing moisturiser tonight, feels awful on my skin right now. Ugh, not a fan. I guess Clinique is cheap for a reason.