Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 11/19/2015 5:02:00 AM

I love this product! It gives me a very fresh look, but stays very natural. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, which is another pro.

on 10/27/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just OK - not great, not bad. Light to medium coverage depending on how much you put on

Pros:
-non irritating
-medium, smooth coverage

Cons:
-Clinique foundations all seem to have red undertones to me. My niece was also wearing this one day and she looked like she was reading a mask (you could see the mark along her jawline although the color should have been appropriate for her). I looked at myself more closely and noticed that I looked more bronzy than usual but there was no lighter color in the line
-does not make my dry skin look any dewier so I think this may be a foundation for younger, moister skin types

on 8/28/2015 7:42:00 PM

I honestly think this just might be my Holy Grail Product. I absolutely LOVE this CC cream. It stays on all day and doesn't cake at all. I swear by it when I'm outdoors and it has never let me down, even in sweaty situations it stays put and protects me from the sun. The consistency of the product is just right... not too heavy and not too light. It also evens out my blotchy red cheeks and keeps everything looking one color. I also have very sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out but I've never had any acne from this product. Definitely recommend this CC cream.

on 10/21/2015 10:59:00 PM

Okay, so I did a trial of this, hoping it would be moisturising with the added bonus of SPF 30. I've been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (which I freaking LOVE, but $101), but the Clinique CC is half the price ($50), and the sales assistant was convincing (and said if i come back to purchase I can get 15% off if I bring my flight itinerary).

Decent coverage, looks fine, but makes my skin feel SO dry, and tight, when I smile in the mirror my laugh lines are prominent. Coverage is medium, decent colour match (Chanel I'm B50, this i'm Medium Deep), even but actually looks unnatural? Not hugely impressed with this, and had high hopes. I feel dry patches around my nose, cheeks, mouth.

Also, smells weird. Sort of paint like. Clinique is supposed to be all fragrance free right, but maybe they should reconsider...

I'm giving it a go, but at this stage i'm going have to use a pretty nourishing moisturiser tonight, feels awful on my skin right now. Ugh, not a fan. I guess Clinique is cheap for a reason.

on 10/12/2015 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this product is the worst. the consistency is way too sticky, its hard to blend. my face get oily very quick, and it doesn't make the face matt, it creases a lot on forehead, nose and under eye area. maybe it will work on dry skin. it is horrible to me, definitely not going to purchase this again.

on 10/12/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

really overpriced
it's very oily, but not in a dewy way. it's like an orange coloured thick and gooey suncream (a cheap one at that)
it never blends in and stays oily throughout the day
both my friends swear by it but they have severely dry skin
it broke me out so bad :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this product. I used to use the old formulation of the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser and I really liked it. When I went to repurchase it was gone and this was available in it's place...but I don't love it.

I don't hate it by any means and I plan to finish it, but I don't like it enough that I would repurchase. Ultimately, I think I can find something better.

Pros:
- SPF 30! This is a product I would use in summer and during the daytime so I love having the high SPF because I burn very easy.
- Good coverage - it's not too heavy and not too light. Gives a lovely even finish and is easy to blend into skin.
- Shade match - I bought Very Light and it's a good match for my skin (for ref. I wear NC15 in MAC)

Cons:
- Transfer - this stuff doesn't seem to fully set and I have noticed it rubs off on clothing and tissues etc. This might be because of the spf?
- Overly dewy - I've got very dry skin and I love a nice dewy finish makeup, but this is too much even for me. On hot days it can make you look greasy even if you set with a power. If you're very oily I would steer clear!

All in all not a terrible product but I will be continuing the hunt for a new HG tinted moisturiser/lightweight everyday base.

Omg, I absolutely love this product. Got s sample in med light and decided to just try it. I was getting compliments on my skin and happened to pass a mirror and couldn't believe how even my skin tone looked. I actually looked younger:) I will
Never stop using this product, I don't care how expensive it is!!

on 8/25/2015 3:51:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the medium shade, which is way too dark for my skin tone. I gave it away to someone with a darker skin tone and taught them how to use it. This product is light to medium weight, not too heavy or cakey. The shade itself is very orange though, and requires quite a bit of blending. This is lightly fragranced, but it does not bother me too much. Overall, this was just an okay cc cream, comparable to drugstore brands, and not really worth the price tag.

on 8/1/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a 10ml sample of this, thank god I didn't purchase this product. It goes on quite oddly - had to blend for a long time but it set into a satin-like finish.. Also it is definitely not for oily skin - powdered a lot. Didn't like how greasy it felt on the skin.

UPDATE

Tried it for the second time and to be honest, one thing I HATE about this product is the smell - it's so strong, I can't stand it. It made me break out too.