Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Night Moisturizer

4.1

Water, Pentaerythrityl Tetratethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Glycerin, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Ceteareth-20, Retinol, BHT, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polyacrylamide, Polyethylene, C13-14 Isoparaffin, PTFE, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-7, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for a week now to fade/remove my post-acne hyperpigmentation. So far I have noticed some very slight improvement. My skin is peeling very slightly however I combat that with my CeraVe lotion. I like that this product contains Vitamin C and hylauronic acid as it helps with the dryness from the retinol. I will update in a month or so and see how my dark spots improve!

5/31/2014 Update:

So not even a month has gone by and I've been seeing such great results that I just had to come back here and update. This stuff really does work - it does take a while though and I can see myself using this for a few more months just to get every last bit of hyper pigmentation to fade away. The peeling went away after about a week of use and now my skin is super dewy and smooth like butter. Will update again when I see more results!!

7/10/2014 Update:

So the results have sort of plateaud if that makes sense so I've been upping the retinol treatment with my perscription Ziana/Biacna and am now seeing even greater results.

BOTTOM LINE:

I have repurchased this and so far have gone through 1.5 bottles of this stuff and I think it works great if you have light pigmentation you want to get rid of, but for something more serious you definitely need to seek out a dermatologist and get some retin-A or trentoin for best results. Good luck!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am rating this at 5-stars from very short term experience, and will come back and rerate after I see results in a few weeks. I researched this product both here in MUA and also on Paula's website. Paula gave this high ratings for packaging; opaque so it has good photo protection from light to keep the vitamin c stable, and also a pump applicator to protect product from contamination. The texture is light and creamy, and absorbs easily into my normal-normal/dry skin, leaving my skin feeling moisturized but not greasy or heavy. For me, the cost is medium at about $24 for 1 oz.

I've been using this product for over a year and love it. It's surprisingly moisturizing considering it's more like a serum than a cream, and it keeps my skin smooth, even, and glowing. A big plus is that it keeps my nose pores relatively clear, which NO other product has done except benzoyl peroxide. I was finally able to give up BP, after decades!

Only one downside: I can't use Rapid Tone Repair around my eyes. Too strong. I use Neutrogena Ageless Intensive night cream under my eyes (also a retinol cream, but gentler), and yet another cream on my eyelids, which can't tolerate retinol.

For a while I used the SPF Rapid Tone Repair during the day, but I found that the sun protection wasn't enough. My sunspots began darkening, so I switched back to my HG Anthelios SX for daytime. Still loving the Rapid Tone Repair Night through.

P.S. I also tried Rapid Wrinkle Repair, but when I compared the ingredients, I noticed that Rapid Tone Repair has retinol much higher up in the list.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is marketed as a 'moisturizer'.... yet is extremely drying. It should definitely be named a 'treatment' instead.

I feel obligated to finish this since it was so expensive for being bought at the drugstore. I have to follow with another moisturizer, and use a moisterizing serum before, to keep my already dry skin from drying out even more.

If you have very oily skin, this may work for you. But if you have normal/dry skin, stay far away.

i like this product bc it seems to help lighten my freckles/brown spots, i dont like the price, average of $23 w/o any promos & coupons. i only said i wont buy again bc i have something else i want to try before i buy this again

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just finished a bottle of this and I loved it.I noticed soon after that my face was brighter and clearer looking and best of all makeup went on smoother and didn't need as much! Need to buy more!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product contains two ingredients I always want in a day lotion -sunscreen and retinol. Reviewers have raved so much about this so I splurged the $20 for such a small bottle. I needed two squirts and a little water to smooth this over my entire face and neck. It does blend in well enough. I see no visible smoothing results with this and that's the big claim of this product. So for the money, I can certainly find better alternatives.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I wanted so badly to love this product because of all the promises and hype but I can't.

Four reasons why: First, it's gummy, which means that I have to spend a good 5 minutes (no exaggeration!) making sure of an even application. I just don't have that kind of time in the morning, esp. when so many other moisturizers don't have this problem. Second, it didn't improve my tone to a noticeable degree. Third, it's kinda greasy on my combo skin, which means that it doesn't work well under my makeup, esp. my tinted moisturizer. Lastly, for a drugstore moisturizer, it's over $20!

On the positive side, it didn't irritate my acne prone skin.

Overall, I still love Neutrogena, just not this product.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This moisturizer is just average, it's light weight feels great at night and it does what it's supposed to. I prefer the ageless intensives night cream over this product and I would not repurchase this. I love the day version with SPF 30 but I ran out of it in less than a month since the bottle is so small. This is an okay line but there are better retinol options from neutrogena.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I been using this for about a month now and I have notice a positive result. My skin tone is much more even and my texture is smooth and soft. I have stop using concealer and wear Very light foundation. I have only tried the night time one. I plan on continuing to use this and seeing how my skin is in a couple of month.

Popular Moisturizers