Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

on 10/29/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Used to be good but now they jacked the price by a whole 10 dollars now that more people are using it. Outrageous example of price gouging, and there are so many new foundations coming out in the 30 dollar range that there is no reason to keep buying bottles of Doublewear at 44 bucks. Estee Lauder is ridiculous. AND NO PUMP STILL. THEY WANT YOU TO PAY $10 FOR THE PUMP TOO, IN ADDITION TO RAISING THE PRICE BY $10! WILD!

FIRST, let me say I have extremely sensitive skin. Meaning anything cheap, or small can cause the littlest thing to go wrong with my skin. I've had foundations that turned my skin red, into rashes, into acne outbreaks, basically you name it. This is the FIRST one that I can honestly say didn't. What you see is what you get, other reviews say it oxidizes, but for me it did not. The shades I apply is the shade that's on hours later. I never find myself touching up this foundation. It's build able which I like. If you wanna go light with you can, or if you want that heavier make up look that's possible as well with this estee foundation. It stays on lock down. I have dry skin, so I hydrate with their moisturizer before applying. My mom, is however oily not dry and it works for her as well. Yes, it's a bit pricey but a bottle lasts me three months and that's wearing it just about everyday. I work at Hooters and it with stands all the heat, running around, and looking glamours that my job requires. No questions asked it's my everyday GO TO foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the foundation itself. It is literally the only foundation that sticks to my oil slick face. I can make this look natural, applied either with buffing brush or beauty blender. I have been using this for about 8years and have yet to find something else I prefer. I do dislike that it doesnt come with a pump, but I just decant into another bottle. I will say it is harsh to wear constantly like I have been and trying to reduce the amount of daily wear. If you have oily skin and need a good foundation, I do recommend it. This covers my redness from thread veins. It can plog pores though, so make sure it is removed each night.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have normal-combo skin that has some mild discolouration. I prefer full coverage foundations because I think my skin lacks radiance, and I love the look full coverage gives me. I also have an issue with makeup not lasting throughout the day. This looks as good as when you first applied it after a long day. It has that matte, quick dry quality to it that makes it stick - but you can still blend it comfortably while applying. I would say the finish is natural satin-matte. I use a beauty blender and don't use too much product. I'm NC25-30 2W2 Rattan is a perfect match, have also used 3N1 Beige Ivory and 3W1 Tawny as well and they were an ok match.

on 10/18/2017 6:38:00 AM

I've been using it for years and there is no foundation on the market to get even close... and I' ve tried ! Still, it has its secrets: 1. The skin should be well moisturized. 2. Using mattifing moisturises is a NO GO - the foundation would look awfully cakey. 3. Cover the mouth of the bottle with your finger and turn it upside down - this should be a "shot"; max 3 will do. 4. It is important to spread it rather quickly allover the face, cause it kind of dries during the process. 5. I find the building up is a bad ideea - in my experience, 1 layer/ application is enough. Red spots and other defaults should be treated "on spot", discreetly.
Once you find its ways/ secrets, you become addicted to it. :-) <3 it !

on 10/24/2017 7:30:00 AM

Best foundation ever! I have tried plenty of foundations throughout the years and keep going back to this one. This does not oxidise or start to fall apart on your face throughout the day, it last very long however if applied heavy-handedly it can look very thick and fake on the face so I will advise to apply where you need the most coverage and blend it outwards, that helps it look more natural.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Omg why didn't I try this sooner!! I wore it for the first time yesterday and I'm so impressed!!!

Pros:
-Beautiful finish- matte but not flat
-did not need a setting powder (I have Combo skin)
-Full coverage with one layer
-Perfect colour match (ivory nude- I'm 117 in had mufe, 120 mat velvet and buff in colorstay)
-stayed for the full 9 hours I wore it
-no transfer
- looks just as good at the end of the night as it did when I first applied it!
- didn't oxidize
- a little goes along way

Cons:
- no pump = messy and spillage prone
- you can definitely feel that you're wearing makeup
-does take more effort to remove than other foundations, but I mean duhhhhh ----with its lasting power, it should

So excited about this! I'm normally acne prone and my skin has been good for the last month until a couple days ago I got a food related break out- just in time for a big dinner party... So I decided to try this and I couldn't believe it-My skin looked flawless despite the breakout. I received several compliments on my skin at the party! Not my makeup but my skin- "wow you're skin looks great"! Awesome. I'll save this for special occasions tho since it does feel "heavy" (you don't forget that you have foundation on).
I used a beauty blender and let it set for 5 minutes before I did the rest of my makeup.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I could give it 0 I would. It was applied by the woman in the store when I wanted to try it out and it looked awful on my skin (extremely dry and sensitive). My whole face looked incredibly dry and red due to the other products she used. I tried applying it myself via a sample to see if it was any better - no luck. I was very disappointed as I'd heard amazing things and have a friend with dry skin and it looks good on her. I'd say AVOID if you have very dry skin! I can see how it would be good for oily skin though but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

AMAZING.... AMAZING... AMAZING!!!!!! Only I would love a pump, but I can get around that!!!! OBSESSED!!!!

on 10/14/2017 10:10:00 AM

The shade is a perfect match which normally is quite a struggle for me. I have combination skin with a few dry spots and some imperfections such as pimples and a few acne scars.

First of all, the packaging sucks. No pump?! How am I supposed to get the foundation out without wasting product? Nope, that's just dumb.

I used this foundation with a primer, a quite cheap drugstore primer that I use on an every day basis. As for the formula I find it a tad too thick but it blends really well on my skin. I used a damp beauty blender and it worked really well. I guess a thick formula is to expect when it is supposed to stay put for 10+ hours.

It's very buildable and the coverage ranges from ligh to heavy. I prefer a medium coverage so I used two layers. With this product you benefit from building it up gradually as opposed to using one thick layer.

After two layers I still need to use a concealer for spot touch up as I have a tiny bit of acne and the red spots are coming through.

I can really feel the foundation on my face which as a problem for me. I don't like the feeling of having a mask on and this feels really heavy.

Overall this is not ideal for me. It's a good product and my skin looks really good, almost like it's my own skin, but the feeling of the product on my skin really kills it for me. Normally I use the Estee lauder double wear cushion stick which I really LOVE so I automatically thought that the products would be similar only this one providing a bit more coverage. Nope, I still need my concealer here!

I put it on at 10 am and now it's 5 pm. The foundation still looks flawless! No cracking, no oxidation and it hasn't sunken into my pores. It looks really good! The mask-like feeling hasn't gone away and I constantly get reminded of having foundation on. If that is not a problem for you this is a really rad product! I think I will use this for special occasions when I want to look flawless without touching up.

PROS:
- Shade is a perfect match
- Looks really natural even after two layers
- A variation of coverage
- Blends really well
- Photographs well
- Doesn't oxide
- as promised it does hold for a really long time

CONS:
- No pump
- my face feels heavy with product
- The price
- Doesn't cover acne redness
- Thick formula