Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.8

on 9/11/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The first spritz is sharp, THICK licoricey too muchness. Then it calms down...the violets make their appearance. The violets are green& slightly herbaceous mixed with the licorice with it's slight minty tang that makes this perfume work. it's sweet, caramel, a gourmand that is turned clean & fresh by the violet & licorice. The longer it wears, the more love it. It almost takes on a your skin but better quality. Very warm, sweet slightly caramelised skin & it's a delight! I adore this!

on 9/8/2014 5:38:00 PM

I truly love Lolita Lempicka, such an amazing and unique scent. She has something in common with Angel, but she is definitely her own woman. Why don't I wear her more often? I hesitate to wear to work as people are so polarized about her. She will always be in my top 5 perfumes, a hauntingly beautiful scent.

on 7/30/2014 8:22:00 AM

yuck, nauseatingly sweet. way too much. like extreme cotton candy.

This gem started out for me as a trail blazer. First of all let me explain why, I hate, HATE, hATE with a passion the smell and the food licorice and that note exist in this perfume. So when I first smelled it I was turned off by the smell but once it settled the vetiver mixes in with the licorice along with the violet, vanilla, cherry, and iris and becomes beautiful. Then it becomes sweet with a musky scent. OMG... it reminds me of the daughter of the daughter's mother to Samsara at this point and their makeups have nothing in common except for the violet, vanilla, and orris root.
If you can get past the immediate first spray, this is truly a worthy gem.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Omg... i hate this with a passion!!! The smell makes me feel so nauseous if anyones wearing it nearby i have to leave the room... its like sickly sweet chocolate but it really hits theback of my throat a bit like petrol fumes would.... no no no.... bottles very pretty but that's about it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I first bought this about 6 years ago at saks on michigan ave Chicago. I tried it there as it was right next to the lamer area. I was with my elderly mom who said that it smelled like the perfume she wore on her wedding day in 1941, midnight in Paris. I didn't give that much thought, but I bought the fragrance that day. Wasn't really hooked on it. The other day I put some on from that original bottle from saks 6 yrs ago; my mom has Alzheimer's and when I went to see her in the care center , she said oh my you smell like midnight in Paris.. Now she is hit and miss remembering me, but still knew that scent. So I have worn it daily since the other day and have had like 5 men tell me I smelled amazing. I now ordered the other parts of the collection of the original Lolita lempicka. I was looking up the perfume and designer and am even more in love with it as the gals name is almost like mine and has polish roots to its naming of Lolita lempicka. I can't wait to get the cream and shower cream and deoderant. I'm 52 and it took this many years to settle on a signature scent. The dry down fades to a musky sweet scent, kinda powdery but very feminine. Sultry, kinda dark n mysterious.

Buy again: maybe...leaning toward yes because it's very unique and I'm in love with the adorable bottle. I bought this on a whim after reading numerous reviews because Groupon had it for a steal. I had never smelled it before. I was very nervous about the baby powder some reviewers mentioned, but I took a chance anyway. I like creamy/smooth/powdery scents, not baby powder.
Admittedly, the baby powder smell was strong here, and almost overpowering at first spray. But there was something darker lingering behind the powder that told me to hold off a few minutes before judging. I soon found out that it was the licorice pricking my nose. I DESPISE black licorice as a flavor. HOWEVER, having the scent mixed with the powder, the final smell worked for me. It's sweet, but not like candy or caramel. It's more like a powdered Dr. Pepper or Coke...or a powdered licorice-flavored jelly bean. At least that's how this perfume worked on me.
I have the parfum version and it is very strong. One spray on one wrist, dabbed on the other, and that's about all I can take.

I can see why people hate it, just as much as I can see why people love it. It's really a "to each her own" kind of perfume.
If you hate it, it's still super cute on a vanity or perfume tray.

Update (next day): By the end of the day yesterday, I was ready to scrub the perfume off my arm. It wasn't the power that got to me, it was the licorice. It eventually got so potent that I could nearly taste the flavor in my mouth, and again, I HATE black licorice. I'll try again but spray with a very light hand. But now I'm leaning toward not repurchasing.

on 4/26/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this about a year ago after reading countless reviews about how "enchanting" and "magical" it smells and how pretty the bottle was. Honestly, this smells like funky armpit to me with a heavy note of powder. And the bottle looks cheap and tacky in person.

I keep revisiting it in hopes that I'll change my mind but that hasn't happened yet. I did buy it from a discount perfume store, so there is a small chance I got an "off" bottle or a straight up knockoff.

So stay away, or at least smell it in person, and see how it wears before taking the plunge. To get an idea of my fragrance preference, Chloe EDP has been my HG for years.

on 4/19/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this based on the recommendation of one of my friends who knew I liked Angel. It was so much like Angel that I thought; why bother.

Yummy mature scent. That lasts all day

Popular Fragrances