Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 8/21/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great texture! I use it in Medium and it makes my skin look almost airbrushed and glowing. I was actually asked how I have such good skin thanks to this.

Sheer coverage, good for everyday use. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long.
Also, the travel sized version is considerably cheaper than the regular one - $28/oz as opposed to $36/oz. No wonder all the travel ones are sold out. :(

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was looking to up my base/primer game and I'm also trying to switch to cruelty-free products so the staff at Sephora recommended this and I LOVE IT!

I use this in Medium. The first time I used it, I applied with my fingers and it worked but it was kinda thick. The second time I used a stippling brush, and it was fantastic. Blended really well, gave the right amount of coverage and saves product that way too. I wear it on it's own for lazy days when I don't need a full face of make up. It saves me a lot of time. As a primer, it really makes the rest of my make up stick. When I need a matte finish (which is most days coz I live in a humid, tropical country), I wear powder foundation over, but I now use a lot less than I did with my previous BB cream coz this Tarte product just makes it all stick so much better. It keeps me matte much longer through the day. It's long-wearing, seems to be rather waterproof, and it doesn't make me break out! Definitely gonna add this as a staple product in my beauty regime from now on!

on 3/5/2016 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a surprise. I wasn't expecting this to work but it did.

I saw the mini version in Sephora and decided to buy to try it out. I bought the light shade which was the closest to my skin tone.

The first time I use it, I applied it with my fingers. Worked but I found the layer too thick. Second time I tried, I applied it with my Beautyblender. Surprisingly, it didn't spread as well. In fact, quite a bit of product was soaked up by my Beautyblender, so I had to use more. The third time, I used my RT Expert Face Brush to buff in the initial layer. It blended really well and I was able to add another layer for more coverage with the same brush. Then, depending on how much coverage I need on that day, I used my Beautyblender (normal and micro-sized) to 'bounce' in more product on the spots that need more coverage, namely the blemishes, visible pores and fine lines and around the eyes. Lastly, I set it with my EM's finishing dust.

This is a highly pigmented primer with a foundation-like coverage, which saves me a lot of time. Especially on days I'm in a rush or when I'm feeling lazy but still need to even out my skin or need the level of coverage afforded by foundations. It's long-wearing and waterproof, but doesn't break me out. It's also not as pricey as some of the other Tarte's primers and foundations.

I suppose this may become one of my staple products because not only it works, it's rather convenient to use.

on 2/7/2016 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this product. It does have to adjust to your skin but it's fantastic. Coverage is awesome for a primer

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got this at Sephora. I bought the travel size just to test it out. I was really impress how well the product sits on my face and super happy it didn't broke me out. I usually stay away from make up fearing my acne will go crazy. Even with my oily face and humid environment this bb cream stayed put and controlled my oil well. I do need to blot after couple of hours. I like the fact that it is light enough for my skin to breath but still offer enough coverage. If you're skin is more on drier side I would recommend using a very moisturising moisturiser ahead of this. It can be a bit too dry for non-oily skin. I took a lippie away since it's rather expensive and comes in limited shades. Do wish they'll expand the shades in the future.

Pros:
- didn't broke me out (YAY!!)
- very smooth texture
- controls oil well (survived the humidity of a tropical country)
- buildable
- comes in high SPF
- packaging is nice & easy to store

Cons:
- very limited shades (5 in regular size & only 2 in travel size)
- expensive for the amount you're getting
- still need to use corrector/concealer (it doesn't cover scars/spots completely)

Update: this transfers quite a bit every time I blot. I'm on the oily side. It does cover redness around my nose. The colour is not a match to my skin tone but can be compensated with powder.

on 1/8/2016 8:39:00 PM

This is a very nice product! Doesn't broke me out, glides smoothly, gives nice feeling and its not sticky at all! Recommended

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a user-friendly bb cream. You can easily use your fingers and just spread out.

This product has a matte finish.

on 12/14/2015 9:27:00 PM

It's so interesting how these reviews are all either one lippie or five! Okay, I really thought this stuff was awesome at first -- it gave me a smooth and velvety feel, made my skin look practically perfect, didn't break me out overnight, didn't smell like sunscreen... I really thought I had found the answer. I rarely get along with primers, BB creams, or sunscreen but this somehow rolled them into one and came out awesome!

My only small complaint was that I would have preferred a fair-light shade that wasn't quite as yellow as the light one.

However, the point was moot. I should have known better than to try a product with all that silicone. It hasn't worked for me in the past, and it's not working now. Three days in and I am breaking out all over -- at age 62! And I did my darnedest to clean it all off at night. This is the product that finally convinced me that it really was the silicone.

But I gave it a three because it's a product I would love to be able to use.

on 11/26/2015 1:23:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Covers so well, feels Amazing, blends incredibly and is a great primer but with coverage! Wear alone or for a full coverage look with foundation or powder. Also has a beautiful matte finish which I love because I am oily proned.

on 11/28/2015 5:33:00 PM

Sephora had a travel size so I figured I would try it. My skin is pretty good so I wear it alone and sometimes I wear bare minerals over it. The coverage is good if you have good skin but their aren't a wide variety of colors and although the medium blends into my skin I had a sample of the med-tan and felt it gave me a bit more color,the medium was a tad too light. I do like the texture though and like that I can wear it alone