Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this today and tried it out as soon as I got home. LOVE. To try all the colors, I started out with a barely there, natural look and built up into a smoldering, smokey eye. The powders are creamy, pigmented, easy to blend, and the staying powder is amazing. (I still use a primer though because my lids are oily). The colors are beautiful neutrals and virtually mistake proof. You can easily use any color with other satins, frosts, metalics, etc. And even though the compact is a little expensive, it's going to last a long time. Highly recommend this for a whole range of looks!

on 12/29/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
good for every day
nice neutral, matte shades
Giant mirror is very convenient
Lightweight case

Cons:
Expensive for only a few colors
Some shades are too light for fair skin

Personally, i love this and i might buy one again or the newer naked 2 basics

on 12/23/2014 8:28:00 AM

This is a superb eye shadow palette for every day. I love the fact that all of the shadows are matte (shimmery shadows can be too much for me, especially during the daytime) and that three of the six shadows are very light - because my eyes are deep-set and small, I always use a pale shadow as an allover base on the lids from the lash line to the brows to "open up" my eyes. Whenever I buy a palette, the pale neutral shade is always the first one to be used up. The six shades are Venus, a soft off-white; Foxy, a yellow-based ivory, W.O.S. (Walk of Shame), a pinky-based pale beige, Naked2, a medium taupe, Faint, a medium warm brown, and Crave, a very dark almost black shade to use as a liner.

on 11/26/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to palette for day-to-day eyeshadow. Most days I do not wear eyeliner, but I love this palette. It can work for day or night. The shadows in it are: Venus, described as an "off-white demi-matte (read, slightly pearlescent), Foxy, a light yellow matte, Walk of Shame, a pinky-nude matte, Naked2, a taupe matte, Faint, a brown matte, and Crave, a dark brown/black matte. All of the shadows are very finely milled, and highly pigmented. They swatch smooth and creamy and apply the same way. They make blending a breeze. Of all of the shadows, my favorite is Venus. I use it as a brow and tear duct highlight with almost every eye look I do.

on 11/18/2014 9:16:00 PM

Okay. I get it now. I had been scratching my head over this palette for quite some time and could not understand all the rave reviews. Now I have it and I understand. This goes on like a dream. Stays for hours and hours. I love that it looks like I am not wearing eye shadow and my eyes just HAPPEN to be fabulous! You can achieve a very natural eye look that is just simply pretty. I'm very happy that my curiosity lured me to buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really do love this palette. It has all the basic neutral colors you need to do a multitude of looks. I used it almost everyday for months. The colors are very smooth, and apply really nicely. I love the matte browns and black, its so hard to find matte black shadow. The only thing I find I don't like about this palette is the colors do not blend well, its really difficult for me to achieve a Smokey eye look with this because,especially the darker colors, do not want to blend. so I moreso just do a basic, all over lid, crease, and highlight look. For the money you pay for this you would really hope that the shadows would blend better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only been using 5 of the 6 colours in this palette because Foxy doesn't work well with my NC30 skin, but other than that I love this palette! The eyeshadows are highly smooth and pigmented :)

on 11/10/2014 1:07:00 AM

For skin color ref, I'm a NW20-25.

I've been using the Naked Basics palette for about one year (not every single day) and I've found this to be the most useful mini palette I've ever used in my life. I like to stay natural as much as possible for daily use with the eyes so this really works with me. There is only one shimmery shadow in this palette (Venus) and the rest are matte.

Whenever I'm gone on a vacation, long or short, I always find myself bringing this around with me. This case is very sturdy, however sometimes I find it hard to open sometimes if my nails are too long...but I can live with that.

For me this can be used on my eyes and my brows (so I don't have to bring a seperate eyebrow powder and make my makeup bag explode) I mix Naked 2 and just a little bit of Faint for the beginning of my brows and Faint and Crave for the tail end of my brows. It works so well like that. Now for the eyes, I find WOS a little too pink for my skin tone so sometimes I alternate with Venus and WOS for highlighting on my inner corner of my eyes. Foxy is the perfect flesh tone for me, so I usually use that all over my lids, or if I'm going for a darker look, I use Naked 2. Then I define my eyes more with Faint and use Crave as a liner for my eyes.

None of these eyeshadows are chalky, they are all buttery smooth and work so well with each other (maybe except for WOS but I can deal with that since I use so much of the majority of the other eyeshadows) I love this palette so much and I will most definitely repurchase in the future if I ever run out.

on 10/15/2014 5:30:00 PM

This palette is amazing. I use it every day, no lie. If I don't use the whole palette for an eye look, I atleast use a shadow or two in my eyelook, usually Naked 2. The shadows are SO pigmented and they blend amazingly. They last mostly all day (I have oily eyelids) as to be expected with Urban Decay eyesgadows. I have hit pan on venus. I use it all the time, either as a highlight or an all over lid color. My only two gripes are the price, but that's because I'm usually a cheapskate! And also, the palette is hard to open, atleast mine is anyways. I have to wedge the tip of my nail in there and usually always chip some polish off.
This is definately an amazing palette. I highly recommend it!

on 10/13/2014 2:32:00 PM

I have had this palette for over a year and I use it at least 85 percent of the time. I can make my eye look very natural or smoke it out. I use all of the colors except Venus, which is too shimmery for me, but is a beautiful color. I like that it is in a compact with a mirror and that no brush is included. The shades are soft and blend very easily. I have already hit the pan on two of the shades. This really is a must have for me.