Urban Decay NAKED Basics

Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/13/2016 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this eyeshadow palette everyday for work. It stays on throughout the whole day, does not crease or fade at all. I usually put "W.O.S" on the lid, "Venus" on the brow-bone and inner eye corner, "Naked 2" in the crease as a build-up-shade and then "Faint" carefully on top of that. I finish off with "Crave" as eyeliner, so I basically use every shade except from the yellow tinted "Foxy".

It's not a cheap palette, but of course it is cheaper than the large Naked palettes (which i also own). I would still recommend it for people who usually don't spend much money on makeup. I bought it a long time ago, but the quality of the shades are just as good as back then. As I wrote, I use it everyday for work. You can also build up the shade and use it for parties and night-time.

The shadows feel very smooth on my lids, they does not have a scent and the pigmentation is crazy good. All of the shades except from "Venus" are matte shades. I believe they will look good on anyone, regardless of skintone, haircolor and color of the eyes, because they are so basic.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Isn't it interesting that some people consider this the warmer Basics palette while others think it's cooler than Naked2Basics? I didn't buy this palette for myself simply because I found it too warm and I also found the 3 light colours were almost identical once applied. So I passed on this when it was first released and was delighted when Naked2Basics was released and grabbed that one right away because it is absolutely the cooler assortment of the 2 in my opinion. But my daughter really wanted this palette so I bought it for her for a little treat. She is thrilled with it, so that makes it a "winner" for me and I would repurchase it - not for me but for her - when the time comes.

I find this palette a little bit too cool for me, and the Naked2 Basics a little too warm - go figure. I actually mix and match both palettes quite often. The case is a nice size for travel.

Generally speaking, I like the selection of colours but feel the lightest few are too similar. I find this shadow a touch chalky and lots of fallout with a brush but works wonderfully with fingers (blends better and is longer lasting with fingers). I find the white a bit glittery.

Love the greyish/taupe and dark brown for filling in eyebrows more than any eyebrow product.

on 4/3/2016 1:43:00 PM

I bought this in the hope of that I'll have a compact palette for workdays.
When swatched, it looks very nice and pigmented. On my eyelids it was very different. The Foxy and WOS didn't give a good coverage(with UD primer).
IT DRIED MY LIDS OUT. I haven't read this anywhere in any review. It was because of this I'm not using it at all.
The shimmery shade is too light and boring.
The palette overall looks a bit grey on me. I'm olive toned NC25.
If I want a good base I go with Wet n wild Greed palette's top left shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just want to start out by saying that I love this palette. This was my first high end eyeshadow palette and for 15 year old me, it was a really big deal. I think that this palette is very travel friendly, beginner friendly and versatile. This palette has been in my makeup bag for every trip I've been on since buying it and I know it won't break in my bag because the packaging is secure, small and sturdy. I use venus, foxy, wos and naked 2 all the time and the dark colors are just good, essential colors that are in almost every single palette. I think this palette can be used in many different ways and it is just a staple item in my makeup collection.

This is an amazing neutral and matte eyeshadow palette. I used to use this to work for a whole year and I love it. The quality is amazing and the color selection is great beauce it is a straight neutral, and you can also get some smokey looks. There are every shade you need to compose a great neutral or smokey look. If you a neutral lover or is looking for a neutral look for work, school...this is for you!

on 1/29/2016 10:51:00 PM

Good supplement palette but unnecessary to one's eyeshadow collection. The shades are chalky and sheer. I would much rather invest in a different palette.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My friend bought this palette for me on my birthday since I am a big fan of urban decay shadows (I own naked 1 and 2). This palette does not disappoint. The pigmentation is smooth and lasts all day with my NYX HD primer underneath (although I believe it's being discontinued, not quite sure). When I first got it, I used to wear it on the daily to work and school but I did stop because I thought most of my looks looked the same. The only con I have with this palette is that the shade "foxy" is terrible to work with. It's chalky and difficult to blend with. Other than that, it's a great neutral palette for everyday and the packaging is sturdy and compact.

Update: I do find some of the darker shades a bit patchy to blend out, and that's why I knocked down a lippie.

on 1/22/2016 4:34:00 PM

I've had this palette for a few years and use it almost everyday for the shade "naked 2". It's a perfect crease shade for me.It's an awesome matte cool light brown with almost a grey undertone. I used to use foxy everyday as a brow highlight, but unfortunately it broke. I haven't hit pan, yet, on naked 2 but there is definitely a dent. I don't really use any of the other shades that much but it's nice to know I have a black, pink and yellowish ivory matte if I needed it for a look. I really wish naked 2 was available in a single so I could purchase it alone when I run out but I honestly love it so much that when i do run out of it, i'll probably buy another full palette just for the one color. I like the color of the packaging and the size is pretty cute, although sometimes I have a hard time finding it in my stash. Also, the clasp SUCKS. I can't even close it all of the way or it will take me 10 minutes to get it open the next time I go to use it.

on 1/13/2016 10:10:00 AM

Again, really good basic eye shadow even though it is not that pigmented. Love to bring this palette while traveling as for me the Naked Palette 1 is too big to bring. Love the lightest color with a bit as shimmer, I often use it as a highlighter.