LORAC PRO Palette

Lorac Pro PaletteUDD and Lorac PalettePRO PalettePRO PalettePRO Palette

4.5

on 4/27/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I guess im in a reviewing mood this evening and had to include this palette. I own quite a bit of eyeshadow palettes and reach for my Lorac and MACs most often. This original pro palette is my favorite. The colors are super pigmented and glide on with just a slight hand. I prefer cool tone grays and plums, but also like layering the warmer colors in this palette to keep the cooler colors from looking to harsh.

What I love most about this palette is how the colors translate. The plum doesn't look purple it instead reads as a beautiful smokey gray plum. It's a really sophiscated palette with amazing color payoff without looking like Barbie (no offense lol). If you are a newbie to eyeshadow palettes this might be intimidating at first but I think is great palette to learn from. Lorac in my opinion has the best eyeshadows-super pigmented, silky finish and great staying power.

on 2/23/2016 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I deliberated over and researched this palette to death for over two months, and finally pulled the trigger. I don't have access to LORAC where I live so I had to buy it sight unseen with only the reviews and swatches to go on. Needless to say I was excited. I had one LORAC palette before (Miss Davenporte) and while I love the texture of their shadows I found the colour selection not so great for my skintone.

Anyway on to this palette. While the quality of the shadows is good, with pretty decent colour payoff, I just don't get excited when I use this palette. In fact, I kind of have singles of most of these colours already in my collection, and in some cases better versions of the colours. My favourite shades so far have been Mauve, which is an interesting medium shade, and a surprise like was Garnet which I had anticipated ignoring altogether since I don't usually use red eyeshadow. Oh and I really love Slate, even though I have similar colours, it is just a very flattering blue-grey shimmer.

I was most disappointed in the light wash colours like Nude, Champagne and Cream. They appeared a bit grainy on my eyelid instead of smoothly, and I still ended up buying an eyeshadow single to meet my all over wash needs.

So I was a little let down by this palette because I expected it to be really amazing based on all the reviews. Perhaps, if you already have a lot of these colours, you can give it a skip. It's certainly a great palette if you don't already have a tonne of eyeshadow, as I admittedly do, and the quality of the product is good for the price.

Just one last note, the shadows are packed rather loosely and a lot of product is kicked up by makeup brushes, so all you need to do is tap lightly to pick up colour. I see this as a minus because I think a lot of product is wasted this way.

2018 update: I have recently cleared out some of my older makeup so I've come to see this palette as my go-to one for all my basics and staples, and it has grown on me since I reviewed it years ago. I've also hit pan on a few shades - Cream, Taupe, Light Bronze. Viewing it in this light makes it appreciate it a lot more.

on 2/22/2016 2:39:00 PM

Got this and the Pro 2 for Christmas. I use them everyday though I think I use the colors from the Pro 2 slightly more. Love the pigmentation and blending. My favorite color on this one is by far the mauve. Cream is a common base, and Garnet gets used a good bit as well.

on 2/18/2016 1:38:00 AM

Pros:
1. Unbelievable texture! Very soft and buttery!
2. Amazing color payoff.
3. Very blendable.
4. Wonderful selection of colors! Very dynamic.
5. Comes with a primer.
6. Has a large mirror for ease in application.

Cons:
1. The matte rubber packaging attracts dirt, glitter, and powder! Similar to Nars packaging.
2. Expensive.

I love this palette more than my Urban Decay Naked 3 and Smoky. This is cheaper than the UD palettes but I have to say, personally, I love the texture and application of Lorac shadows than UD. This is a must have for beauty junkies and collectors! I hope you'll love this as much as I do. :)

on 2/15/2016 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Bought this for prom but use it daily. All the colors are beautiful and smooth. It doesn't feel like too much for school as long as I stick to the left side of the palette. I just wish there was a skin tone shimmery shade for my tan-ish skin. Also, champagne has glitter that tends to travel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought myself this palette for my 16th birthday last year and ever since then, I've used it almost every day!! I think this palette has everything you need including matte and shimmery highlight shades, to beautiful lid colors and transition shades, deeper matte colors to intensify any look and it also includes a few fun colors to play with :) My favorite shades in here would probably be cream, light bronze, nude and mauve. Even though it is $42, I think you get your money's worth. I got my palette at Kohl's and they usually have sales going on so if you have coupons or gift cards, you would pay a lot less! Overall this has become one of my favorite palettes and I just think it is a great versatile palette that would flatter everyone.

on 2/11/2016 1:37:00 PM

Very pigmented colors that are also good for every day use. I was gifted this and the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette at the same time so it's been interesting to compare the two. A lot of colors are similar but this palette does feel overall more pigmented and I like the mattes. The only little thing is the color Champane is very dusty for some reason and kind of gets outside its little square a lot.

The packaging gets SOO dirty and smudgy though, after 1 week it looked like I'd been using it for months. Kind of annoying!

on 1/13/2016 12:02:00 AM

Lorac is an amazing cosmetic brand! The pro palette contains both shimmer and matte shades that are buttery and extremely pigmented. The shimmer shades are super rich, spritzing some fix+ to your brush before you apply the eyeshadow makes the colors pop that much more.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I only recently bought this as a Christmas gift............... for myself. I've been wanting it for quite a while but couldn't get myself to do it. I'm a neutrals girl though so I knew my self-control would only last for so long.

The reason why I eventually gave in was because I moved away to a dorm this year. I only go home about once a month so I have to carefully choose what makeup to bring each time. (I switch it up each time.) I knew I couldn't bring a bunch of singles or a bunch of palettes. I needed something that I could do a bunch of different looks with! So... I went for it.

At first, I was a little shocked. This palette is so hyped up so I expected great things. The texture of these shadows are a DREAM - they are soft and buttery. The only downside I found with using this palette was the staying power. I found that the shadows creased throughout the day, even with just using powder. But, I found a solution: I set my eye primer with some powder and I'm good to go. I just thought that detail was important.

Mauve and Taupe are my favorite crease and transition shades. They look great on the skin.

I would recommend this for those who want to have a one-stop palette.

on 1/3/2016 10:44:00 PM

Must have, must have 4 every mu beginner it's absolute neccesity ,highly pigmented no fallout hitting dead pan soon