Jane Iredale Glow Time Full-Coverage Mineral BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

I find it too dry, too thick & too heavy a consistency. It sat on my skin & was hard to blend it in. I have liked all the Jane Iredale foundations I've tried so far. Especially Amazing Base & pure pressed foundation. Just couldn't get a glow from using this & unfortunately have ended up putting it in the bin.

I am NC20 to NC25 with strong yellow undertone s nd the shade BB5 was the perfect match for me.
- It has good coverage (medium to high).
- I have oily skin and even though it lasts on my skin, it starts after a few hours to look very greasy.
- It's non comedogenic and I have to say that it didn't cause me any break outs.
- A little bit goes a looooong way with this product.
I think people with dry and sensitive skin would like this product. If you have oily skin try her foundation powders.

This product is so excellent. I love the feeling of BB creams in general but a lot of them are too close to being the same as a tinted moisturizer, however this product was a pleasant surprise. It applies so easily with your fingers, perfectly blended in seconds. I've found with BB creams such as the products from Maybelline and Rimmel they often apply quite patchy. This product is full coverage but is by no means the same as a full coverage foundation, it doesn't apply heavily and is barely felt on the skin. I find that after a few minutes it sinks properly into the skin and features like freckles are still visible so it leaves a very natural finish. The finish is dewy as suggested by the name of the product but doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the face, and lasts all day. With most other BB creams I've noticed that if i touch my face at all throughout the day the product is gone by the end. This product minimizes pores, is water resistant, is completely vegan, and cruelty free. This is on the pricier side however I haven't found a BB cream up to the same standard at the drugstore, so I'm perfectly willing to repurchase.

I don't know, I love this stuff and at the same time I hate it. I am so torn, but for the price I think I need to move on and find something that I adore.

I love:
- That its a mineral foundation. Everyone who knows anything about skin (primarily my facialist) tells me I need to use good mineral foudation.
- Its FULL coverage. The name "BB Cream" is deceiving. This is a full on foundation that does great at covering my redness and skin imperfections.
- SPF is always a good thing
- Easy to apply and blend. The saleswoman told me to apply with my fingers, which I prefer.
- Packaging is cute and product is easy to dispense

I don't love:
- Biggest con is that I find I get shiny by mid morning. i blot and blot and blot, but by afternoon all the foundation is gone. I bought several different primers (including the Jane Iredale primer) and nothing keeps the product on! That's pretty much my only beef with the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The coverage is amazing for this product. I'm sensitive to a lot of products, but not this one. I find by itself if can get a bit cake-y, so I set it with a powder. I have rosacea, so coverage is very important. Buying this from professional makeup stores makes it so the price doesn't effect me as much as others, but the regular price is high. One bottle lasts me over a year, though!! I find that balances everything out. My staple foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really wanted this to work. The color BB6 is perfect for my NC20-25 skin and just a tiny bit blended with my fingers over my sunscreen gives great coverage for my tiny spots and veins but does not look masky (the key is to use very thin layers and go over problem areas). It's yellow enough to cover any redness but doesnt look like egg yolk once it settles and blends in. Lovely natural finish/not greasy. Coverage lasts all day, even in humid weather.

BUT... the ingredients are pure D I S A S T E R for me: Aloe vera, Cyclopentasiloxane ... UGH. Every time I wear this, no matter how scrupulously I double cleanse and use salicylic acid toner>>>a bit zit somewhere forms. I shoulda known!

Good coverage but too expensive.

Terrible. Broke me out so badly! The colour range is also limited... Chucking it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for just under a year in shade BB5 and I LOVE IT! It has an amazing coverage, makes my skin look flawless and glowing (which is quite a feat as I do not have naturally perfect skin!) I apply a pearl sized amount using the Beauty Blender Pro. This formula also smells amazing and no synthetic fragrance, it's amazing fruity smell comes from all the fruit extracts inside. When I wear this I know that it is not harming my skin or clogging my pores which is always nice. I have combination,spot prone skin and find that applied over primer and set with powder this lasts around 12 hours (I am going to test it with the Urban Decay Make up Setting Spray to see if this elongates the wear at all, will report back!)

I wanted to love this product SO much, as I'm looking for a mineral foundation that I know is good for my skin, has high SPF as I live in Australia but also full coverage to hide my bad acne scarring and pigmentation. I have combination skin with hormonal cystic acne breakouts around my jawline and this BB cream covered it perfectly. It does feel quite thick but I applied mine with a beauty blender and it goes on nice and creamy and feels light on the skin. The full coverage and finish is amazing and it does last well on the skin with only a late afternoon touch up required in this humidity at the moment. I found the shades to be quite dark when choosing one and it definitely oxidises but I took a risk and bought it online so clearly mismatched myself....so this was pretty much a great product overall but...and it's a BIG BUT....it broke me out something terrible. When I took my make up off in the evening, some cystic acne had flared up but like never before, my skin had literally formed blisters around my jaw line. This product is the only thing which I had tried differently on my skin so unfortunately it has to be down to this. Like I said, I wanted to love and use it so much but I guess it's just not going to work for me.