Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.7

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 11/13/2013 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been using this everyday for the last year. It is a watery serum that quickly absorbs into skin. It is at an effective pH level to be beneficial to the skin. I have combination skin and this is not enough moisture for me so I usually add a light moisturizer on top and then sunscreen. It gently exfoliates my skin and keeps my pores unclogged.

on 2/7/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a very effective product. It has a consistency like water. It dries very quickly, and makeup wears well over it; it does not affect makeup application. I've had no irritation/stinging, and it leaves my skin radiant after usage. I am very clog-prone and break out very easily; this has not broken me out, and it appears to have faded some of my sun spots and acne scars. I've used this for 6 months and will continue to use. I only purchase when it's on sale.

Update 9/2014: I was given MD Forte Lotion II and MD Forte Lotion III; I loooooove them! However, I will not be able to afford them when finished, so then it will be back to Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum.

Update 7/09/14: I bounced this down a lippie. I started using this again after I ran out of my MD Forte Lotion I & Lotion II. This Alpha Hydrox Serum broke me out after only 2 nights of use. Before when I was using it, I was aggressively exfoliating every morning & evening--as well as using RetinoA. As my routine has changed to a gentler, less aggressive approach, the propyl glycol broke me out (as it usually does). Also, this product stings much more than the MD Forte did, even with the Facial Lotion II, which is 20%). My oily, hyper-allergic skin responded so well to the MD Forte Facial Lotions that switching back to this didn't work out. This serum, while a nice consistency, left my face with an oily sheen, and exacerbated my oil production; most products do that to me, so I didn't think anything of it. However, the MD Forte Facial Lotions actually reduced my oil production, dried matte, and made such a visible/noticeable difference that I realized that I didn't HAVE to stay with products that did perform as well. Sadly, the MD Forte Facial Lotions have been discontinued. (Am always the last to find out.) I found an e-store that still had some, and stocked up. While I wouldn't buy the Alpha Hydrox Serum again, it is an excellent product--it just doesn't work as well with my skin.

This product is AMAZING! and the BEST product I have ever found!! I have adult cystic acne that gets really bad at times (bad enough that my derm always wants me to go on Accutane) and I find one of the only things that helps me is using a glycolic acid product. I have used this product line for over 10 years and was excited when I saw this product and read the ingredient list which included things like sodium hyaluronate (a great moisturizer and fine line plumper) plus aloe and the decent concentration of glycolic acid. What I really love about it is that it works, the small ingredient list and the thin watery consistency. It absorbs in to my skin so well and has not broken me out (miracle) and in fact has really helped my current acne situation. My skin is SO oily so I use this as a moisturizer and it's amazing. I use a very drying BP wash and a topical but after using this my skin is so plump and moisturized but not greasy. Of course, the oil always comes later in the day, but now my skin is so refined and fresh looking. My skin is so smooth now and my scars are really starting to fade. This product truly is a miracle and the best over the counter purchase I have ever made.

on 11/22/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I concur with the first reviewer. I tried this as an AHA replacement for the swipes (also a good product). This IS oil free, it dries completely with no residue, makeup goes on well over it, and no burning/irritation--for me--and I'm allergic to most everything. I bought backups when it went on sale After 2 months of morning use, I'm very pleased with the product and it's results. Yes, I would buy it again--and recommend it to others.

on 11/14/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This serum has fantastic ingredients which do not exacerbate acne issues. I've been using it for 2 months to get rid of acne and post-acne hyperpigmentation, and it's been working very well in that regard. My skin is a little less oily and a lot smoother and my acne scars are fading faster than they would without anything. however, the preservative that they use (methylisothiazolinone) is very irritating to me...I googled it and it causes contact dermatitis in a good part of the population. So, while the serum itself is great, I won't be using it anymore because of itching and would recommend that sensitive skins stay away.

on 9/26/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this serum for the past 14 days, twice a day (in the morning under sunscreen and at bedtime). Results to date: my skin is smooth, pores on my forehead and cheeks look great, pores on my chin and nose (the ones that have usually been very clogged) are in better shape. I wash my face with Alpha Hydrox foaming wash and I use Elta MD physical tinted sunblock. I can see significant difference in the state of my pores and conidition of my skin after using this serum consistently. I will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The intensive serum is what I consider to be the BEST product that Alpha Hydrox makes. It sinks into my skin effortlessly, it doesn't have any odor to it, and it doesn't break me out at all. And, it it is absolutely to use boost one's facial clarity, better even out one's skin tone, suberbly provide one's face with a smoother and more taut look than without.

This is one product that's worthy to be praised!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason why i no longer regularly use this product, is because i currently see a dermatologist, and i get monthly professional facial peels done there. However, if you are someone that does not see a dermatologist and is looking for a product that will really make a difference with your skin, i highly recommend giving this product a try.

on 7/24/2012 10:39:00 AM

So far I love this. I have been using this for almost 2 weeks, will update over time. I have also used AH souffle, swipes and oil-free. I've never had any acne issues with any of them. The swipes and souffle can tingle and be uncomfortable to use every day.

This serum is my new favorite AH daytime treatment. Unlike other AH products, this completely disappears into my skin, and I don't experience any burning or tingling sensation so far which makes me more likely to use this. I use about 3-4 drops for my entire face. I also am using it to lighten some recent scars on my arm. I think it will last a long time. My skin looks really good since I started using this. Time will tell, but I am enjoying the glow now.

There are preservatives, check the ingredients. If the serum drips somewhere, it will crystallize and turn white, and I see that on that cap sometimes. That is noted as normal on the mfr website. I like that I am able to drip out a drop at a time, no waste.

EDIT: December 2014: I had to stop using Alpha-Hydrox products after I developed a sensitivity. I used these products for about three years, realizing earlier this year that the small acne bumps all over my face were actually being caused by this regimen. I purchased all my AH products direct from the company during their great sales (you should get on their mailing list if you like them!). It is possible that my AH products (since I bought several at a time) were a little old and that might be related to the sensitivity thing. In any case, I find that over time, most products stop being effective for me. I am not too disappointed, this regimen became a but harsh on my skin.