Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

This may be the worst BB cream I have every used.... I only tried it twice and could not even literally get it onto my skin. I would wash my face and moisturize, then apply it without a brush the first time and it just would not go onto my skin. It was the strangest thing I've ever experienced with a BB cream and literally just would not blend at all. It was the most disgusting result ever... I had to take it off immediately and put something else I had on. I don't even know how to explain, but it just did not work period.

on 12/25/2015 9:05:00 PM

I had high hopes for this BB cream, but it fell short. Way short.
I went to Sephora and expected to talk to the worker about my skin type and what would work best (because that is what I usually do every month when I buy makeup) but i must've gotten a cranky person that day because when I asked about BB cream, she led me straight to the most expensive BB cream they had in the store...this. It was $40 so i expected it to be amazing. The packaging is cute and pretty perfect, and I have no problem getting the product out. However, once on my skin,I hated it. It's very yellow toned (which works for me because i'm very yellow, but not a lot of people are as yellow as i am). It is extremely hard to blend and I always felt I had to use a lot of product to cover my entire face, It is also not buildable, and It highlighted my dry spots. I doesn't give a lot of coverage, it's very very sheer. I would not recommend putting a power on top because it looks extremely cakey. The staying power is terrible. You'd think for a BB cream they'd make it stay longer because BB creams are popular in the summer, but nope. It melts right off my face in two hours. Overall I hated this and i will not be purchasing again.

on 12/22/2015 5:16:00 PM

This is so much better than the last bb cream I used. I am relatively new to bb cream world, but the last brand was something I bought from Costco. Not too expensive but not cheap either. It congealed on top of my skin. So I decided to try a better known brand and I was shopping online and wasn't sure so I bought a travel size of this. It is small but $20, which is pricey but I thought less risky than the full size $40, since I wasn't sure if I liked it and also not sure about the shade. But no worries, it is really good and worth the money.
But this one melts into your skin and disappears, but makes your skin nicer. Now the coverage is not like a foundation, but more like a tinted moisturizer.

This is holy grail for me. I got it in the Sephora favorites superstars set for Christmas last year, but didn't actually use it for the first time until this summer. I cannot believe I waited so long to use it. I have combination skin, dry and oily at the same time. This is very moisturizing but I seriously do not get oily with this. It corrects both of those problems for me.
Even foundations that are meant to be mattifying or are for oily skin- make me oily and emphasize dry areas.
Plus I really like how it evens out my skin tone without covering my freckles. I do have to use concealer on my under eyes and on the red areas around my nose. But in the end it is just perfection.
No cakey foundation look, just looks like nice skin.
Does not break me out either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely texture and it looks amazing when you first put it on, but it barely lasted through the 4 hour mark. On a hot day, I could see it physically sweating off my face. It also caused me to break out in my problem areas. I had high hopes for this bb cream because of the rave reviews but sadly, I will be returning my purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is heaven sent for acne prone skin!! I use it while on acne treatment, and it didn't worsen my breakouts. I'm nearing the end of my treatment, and I still use this. It's perfect for everyday barely there make up look. A small tube goes a long way. Used mine for about 3 months.

on 9/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great BB cream--if you don't have dry skin. It looks fabulous on the skin and wears like a dream. It also dries out your skin. My face looks great for about three days with this then the dry flaky patches set in. I so want to love this but in the end I can't.

on 8/6/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample, I think it was a Sephora 100 point perk. It lasted me a couple weeks of consistent use. Buildable formula but didn't mask all my redness so maybe a medium coverage at best. It did leave me looking quite "radiant" until I applied powder then it matted down. Staying power was okay. Due to price, I won't repurchase.

So when I first tried it, I loved it and left a rave review. However, now that I've tried several other bb creams, I've realized this one is very subpar. First off, it is very thick and hard to blend out. It tends to look streaky no matter how much I blend.

Also, it doesn't really soak into the skin like most other ones do. Even with a powder, I feel like this doesn't set AT ALL. It transfers very easily to my phone and sunglasses.

After wearing it all day, it began to separate and clump up around my nose, chin, and forehead. I was super disappointed.

The color selection is pretty bad as well. I got this in "light", which is the second lightest color. I'm really pale and I can usually get away with wearing the lightest shade in anything. But this is still very pale on me! And there's only 5 shades to choose from, so I'm sure the next shade up would have been far too dark.

On the upside, the coverage is very nice. It covered my blemishes and discoloration wonderfully. But with all the blending, it took way too much time to get those results! For the hefty price, it just wasn't worth it. Definitely wouldn't repurchase.

If you want a bb/cc cream that covers well, isn't super thick, and last a good while, try It Cosmetics CC+ Cream. That stuff is the bomb.

on 8/22/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very light coverage so it won't cover a lot if you're like me and has moderate redness +acne scarring. Doesn't control oil at all. It has a pretty greasy finish. Didn't break me out, but won't be repurchasing.