Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeshadow palette is my #1, ride or die. On my old account I wrote an elaborate review so I'll try to keep it simple to avoid repetition (plus there are almost 800 reviews of this on here and tons of people have described each shade in detail). I love this palette. It's the only palette I own and the only one I feel like I need. I can create an array of looks with these twelve shades. They all have good pigmentation and blend nicely. I've used this palette soooooo many times and still haven't hit pan on a single shade.

So why wouldn't I repurchase? Because when you buy Urban Decay you support L'oreal. That may not matter to you but it matters to me since L'oreal tests on animals. When I got this palette I believe that Urban Decay hadn't been bought out by L'oreal yet, or if it was it wasn't yet common knowledge. Even though UD itself is cruelty-free, I won't buy anything from the brand anymore. Supporting Urban Decay is supporting a huge corporation that tests plenty of products on animals. So even though the products themselves may not be tested on animals, you're still indirectly supporting animal testing by supporting this brand.

on 9/15/2016 7:53:00 AM

Have this makeup palette for about a year. On my opinion it is very hard to apply, pigmentation is weak comparing to the other naked palettes which I also have and it makes my eyes look very dry and wrinkly ! No other eye shadow does it that bad ( I'm 24 I don't have wrinkles on my eyes only a bit of sensitive skin and dryness)and I do use eye primer before application. Will not buy again. 1/5

It was one of my first palettes (after theBalm's Nude'Tude), bought it shortly before Naked 3 was launched. I used it religiously for a few months, hit pan on the first four shades, the next two I really enjoyed as well. I'm an absolute fan of "Half baked", it's a gorgeous creamy gold, still one of my fave golds in my eyeshadow collection. Then I switched to other, (more colourful) palettes and... haven't worn it since!
It's definitely a palette which I could sell or give away and don't feel any regret. If you want a basic, neutral palette and you don't plan to invest in others, by all means: give it a go. The shadows are nice, creamy. Some of them aren't as blendable as they should be, given the price. There are a few shades that I think are (too) similar to each other: Snakebite & Busted, YDK & Suspect.
The brush that comes with the palette is decent, but a bit too "stiff" for me.
I'd give it 3,5 lippies if I could... but I don't love it enough to give it 4.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first nudes pallete, so I do not have much to compare it to. It's great. I've had it for over a year and use it on a regular basis (maybe 3-4 times a week) and still haven't hit pan yet. Has great colour pay off, minimal fallout, buttery texture and stays all day paired with Lime Crimes eyeshadow helper. The brush is pretty good for blending, as well.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of 5 is that it only has one matte shade, which I struggle with blending for some reason.

I really really like it but wouldn't buy it again because there are so so so many other nude palletes out there to try.

on 8/17/2016 9:09:00 PM

I personally love this palette as it is full of cool-toned shades and few warm shades that can be used for a natural or dramatic look! My favourite shades so far are Verve (I loove using it in the inner corners as a highlight) and Chopper (it reminds me of rose gold).

This palette isn't perfect as it does have its pros and cons.

Pros:
- Great variety of shade colours
- Most shades are highly pigmented
- Comes with a decent brush (great for a beginner!)
- GREAT VALUE (each shadow is full size and one full size single shadow costs around $20 CAD)
- Most colours go with each other well

Cons:
- Fallout from shadows especially the more glittery ones
- Very few matte shades
- The colour "Foxy" might not appear at all on some skin tones
- Some of the lighter shades aren't as pigmented

The Naked 2 is a more cool-toned palette so choose a palette according to what suits your skin tone ! However, you can never go wrong with the original Naked palette.

this is my favorite out of all the naked palettes

naked 1 was too warm and I didn't like the velvet packaging. naked 3 was pink and although very pretty in the pans, not ideal for me since im not that skilled in applying eyeshadow.

naked 2 shades are perfect for me, taupe-y and cool toned shades are my preference. i like that i can use each shade by itself, and that there is a matte black so i can use it to set my eyeliners.

these shades will look good on all skin tones, and they last all day, even with my oily eyelids.

there is some fallout with these shadows, so minus one lippie for that, but other than that these shadows are buttery smooth and apply very well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like so many others, I live for this palette. To be fair, I mostly use the first four shades, because I'm super fair and my day-to-day makeup routine is pretty basic. Using just those shades almost daily, the palette has lasted me SUCH a long time! An excellent buy, even if it was more expensive.

I've been a MUA for a few different small movies, and its easy to find a natural pick for any skin tone. A slight shimmer gives great definition, and catches light without looking like a disco ball.

It's insane how versatile the shades are, I even use the matte brown for my brows!

Definitely a top 5 pick for my makeup bag.

on 6/11/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Nice palette but there are issues. too dark shades for fair skin, they kick quite a lot of powder and the glitter chunky shades are meh. the brush is pretty horrible.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette comes with 12 stunning neutral shades. The color range is more on the colder side.

Shades:

Foxy - is a yellowtoned matte skintone color.
Half baked - is a beautiful golden shimmery color.
Bootycall - is a light color with a subtle shine.
Chopper - is a cobber, shimmery shade.
Tease - is the 2nd matte color. It's a cold, neutral brown with grey and purple undertones.
Snakebite - is a bronze shade with a sheen.
Suspect - is a lighter bronze with shimmer.
Pistol - is a grey shimmery color.
Verve - is a light shimmery color with grey undertones.
YDK - is a stunning metallic bronze with slightly purple undertones.
Busted - is a dark brown with some shine.
Blackout - is a matte black

I think it would be nice with more matte shades in the palette since there's only 3.

Formula:

The formula on the shadows is great. The matte ones are really soft and silky. The shimmery ones are creamy and pigmented. Some of the shimmery colors have a more powdery finish and they have bit of fallout (YDK, Chopper and Half baked). To intensify the shimmery shadows even more I either put them on with my finger, or apply them wet. But overall I think the formula is good.

Packaging:

I think the packaging is pretty. It's a hard metallic packaging. When you open it, it has a big mirror, the 12 shades with names under and a double ended brush. The brush has a flat side, which is good at putting on lid shades, and on the other side it has a more fluffy crease brush. The hair is synthetic. Normally I don't like brushes that comes with palettes but this is really good and high quality.

Overall I think this is a good palette and great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow, but still want something high quality.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just an ok product overall. Nothing special. Had a really hard time creating an everyday look with this product. Great for smokey eye looks when you really are willing to put some effort into application. Undecided if I will rebuy.