Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

3.7

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Price: On sale was cheap, but expensive on the regular (cant justify the repurchase)
Packaging: Good, sleek sturdy plastic squeeze bottle
Texture: Like a medium thickness moisturiser
Colour match: For my neutral to pink toned pale skin, close enough though still a touch dark and a smidge yellow and needs to be blended into neck
I bought this product at a factory for about $15 cheaper then the original price because as a pale person I have a hard time finding a bb cream that is even vaguely light enough. At first you might attempt to apply this with your fingers or a brush. DON'T APPLY IT LIKE THAT. It will be bad, it will sit on the skin like a weird tiny clumped mask that will look unnatural and it will oxidise and set like this. Gross looking, gross feeling. INSTEAD: Grab a beauty blender, whether it be the original or one of its many dupes and get it ready (wet it, squeeze out the water) then apply the bb cream onto the face in little dabby bits, a dot on the front of the cheek, a dot or 3 on around the edges of the face (or like 5, I have big cheeks) and dab and blend with a bouncing movement in with a medium pace, repeat on forehead, nose and neck. Tah Dah, it looks 10 times better, actually looks even natural, wont clump if you blend well, might oxidise a bit. The finished look should be a glowy but not too shiny look with light to medium coverage that's nice if you want the freckles to shine through a bit but even the skintone out.
Use concealer, this wont cover the pimples, lasts pretty well but it is a bb cream. Has spf which is a plus.
Not a HG product and perhaps not the best BB out but pretty good if you use the above technique and can deal with the price tag

on 2/23/2016 4:43:00 PM

This bb cream is terrible for dry skin. It clings to anything and everything and is awful to blend. My friend with normal skin looks so nice with it on, but if you have dry skin stay clear. Try a sample before you buy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had such high hopes for this BB cream. I tried a sample and liked how it covered so I ordered a full size in my color: fair. My full size applied a little differently. I had to apply in small areas and blend quickly. And then when I was finished full face I stood back and every fine line was highlighted. i looked 10 years older. I decided to give it some time thinking it would improve with my natural oils and it did settle some but it still showed every line. This did nothing to improve the look of my skin unlike my other TMs or BBs like Laura Mercier, Nars, It, Lancome. I appreciate the SPF 35 but this is not right for my mature skin. I'm unhappy with the dull finish. The good points are that it feels like nothing on and it didn't oxidize.

on 2/22/2016 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This is the first bb cream I have ever tried, I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost everyday since, I got the shade natural which is a good match for my nc30 skin. (The shades medium and natural looked identical to me, when I asked the bobbi brown mua she said natural has more yellow undertones and medium more pink, as im nc I went with natural) It does gives good coverage although if you like a high coverage I wouldn't recommend (bb creams are not supposed to be full coverage anyway so I would recommend foundation if that is the look you prefer)
I always apply a moisturiser before this product as my skin is dry (you could skip this if your skin is oily)then I blend this bb cream into my skin using my real techniques stippling brush. I love how natural the product looks yet it still gives coverage and blurs imperfections, using this has completely put me off using heavy foundations even on a night out I think I'd rather just use this and add concealer wherever I need more coverage. At £29.50 it is quite expensive but you get 40ml and a little goes a long way so it will last a while, I would definately repurchase this.

I have purchased this BB cream during the summer time, when I was looking for a lightweight base and a comfortable wear. I have a dry skin, so got the tube of this BB cream in hopes to have a hassle free make-up product on the go.

This is a very comfortable product to wear, it doesn't make you feel dry and gives your skin that lovely light coverage. You do need a concealer in case you want to cover any redness or dark spots - this BB cream alone is not enough.

I also find that it is a difficult one to build, it does move around quite a bit when you attempt to layer it. Other than that this is a nice product to try, but it is not the best one on the market. Plus 46 USD is a bit too much for what you get.

You can find more thoughts on this product in the blog review below. Perhaps it helps some of you guys!

Best BB cream I have EVER tried, and I have tried a few.. very natural and long lasting, I am not very tanned but I have to use the medium deep, otherwise medium is too light for me (I have a light mediterranean skin tone) Would definately repurchase with eyes closed. Also the spf is a plus!

on 9/24/2015 4:21:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this in Fair when I bought 2 intense pigment liners on BB's website. Those are awesome and I love them. It amazes me that a company can make something that is absolute perfection, and then. . .there's this BB cream. It is awful. First, we have the color. I am an NW15-20, and this looks very dark coming out of the tube. So I compared it to my MAC lightful tinted cream, which is in Light Plus, the third lightest shade and this was definitely darker but also very yellow, whereas the MAC tinted cream is neutral/pink. When I applied it, it looked just as dark and yellow on my skin. Definitely not Fair, that's for sure. It didn't blend, it just sat on top of my skin. Even with a damp beautyblender, which can pretty much blend anything in (or at least blend it away), nothing happened. It just moved over a little bit and caked elsewhere on my face. No oil control, no anything except it looked terrible. It also made my face itch, which kind of freaked me out so I had to wash it off after about an hour. No biggie, since it looked terrible anyway.

Good !

on 9/8/2015 12:03:00 PM

When I apply this product, it gets cakey and its not easy to blend it, its better to finish it with loose powder than a compact one.

on 10/3/2015 10:25:00 AM

Definitely need a light moisturiser to prepare skin for this bb cream otherwise the product can oxidise. If you do it is the most beautiful product I have used! Gives a glowing finish that lasts all day and has quite good coverage. The most naturally beautiful my skin has ever looked!