Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

on 6/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

I love this - it evens out my skin tone and gives me real protection from the sun with its broad-spectrum SPF of 45. I really appreciate the fact it uses only physical sunblock ingredients, since my skin has reacted badly to chemical sunscreens in the past. I have oily-combination skin and this feels very comfortable - it's not greasy at all and doesn't dry out my skin, either. A real winner.

I wanted something quick and easy for my busy summer days and this definitely fits the bill as far as coverage, SPF, and ease of use. I would have preferred the tube to NOT be hard plastic, but it is lightweight to carry and I'm not afraid of breaking it.

I would be considered a NW20-30, and find the shade suitable for my skin and have had no lines of demarcation whatsoever. There is a slight cast upon initial application, but that is fairly standard as far as the SPF range is concerned. Dissipats quickly. Coverge is better than a tinted moisturizer, but not quite what I would consider medium coverage. Almost....but not quite.

My skin is normal to dry, and can be sensitive depending upon treatment the night before (glycolic, retinols,etc). This formula is hydrating on me and does not irritate my skin.

As far as recommending it again, it would be a tough call. I enjoy this product but since this is my first BB cream, I would likely try another brand because I enjoy new products. Very, very few products make it into what I would call HG status because I am such a makeup monger.

Overall this is a nice product, and I would recommend trying it, especially if curious about BB creams and looking to streamline your morning routine.

on 5/1/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The color comes out a bit grayish-pink but adjusts accordingly. This BB cream felt like a mask sitting on top of my skin. I was hopeful of a multitasking product with great SPF but would not recommend this one.

on 3/13/2016 12:50:00 AM

Coverage is very sheer. It doesn't really cover any blemishes but it does help even out redness. It's a very dewy finish which is nice but it doesn't last on me. It looks like I'm wearing nothing after a couple of hours. My biggest complaint is the color is very beige/pink. I have yellow undertones NC20ish but I struggle with redness, so using a pink toned bb cream can make my entire face look flushed. If you have yellow undertones I would avoid this one.

on 3/13/2016 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a couple sample packs of this from Sephora in the light to medium shade. The finish is dewy-ish but not glaringly shiny. It's not as nice as Skin79 gold, though, which is sheer and makes skin look a little smoother. This is sheer as well, but i felt like my bare skin looks better. It could be because the color is so far off. I got a look at this in bright light, and it is way too pink for my skin tone. Skin79 also skews a bit too pink on me, but this looks really obvious. Also, i found it slightly too dark (my skin is pale, but not super pale, with olive undertones).

on 3/23/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my light coverage, easy weekend/day-off HG product! It evens out my complexion and provides protection from the sun. I reapplied 4 times today and it still looked great. Just what I was looking for!
Update I have been wearing this for months now and I love it even more. It adjusts perfectly to my skin color. Everytime I see a photo of my self taken when I was wearing this, I think that my skin must have been flawless that day! I think the coverage is actually medium.

on 1/1/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let's start with the positive: this product, in the light-medium color, actually blended well into my super pale skin, and it didn't emphasize any dry spots on my skin. Unfortunately, though, it settled into my pores, clogged them, and caused breakouts.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Soybean Oil, PVP, Platinum Powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. continued >>

on 1/6/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go-to face products in the winter along with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Serum. I have sensitive, dry/dehydrated skin, and I prefer my skin to have a dewy, glowing, almost glossy finish. This BB cream does that. The light/medium shade is slightly too dark/orange for me (NC10-15) so I either use a color corrector with it or blend it pretty far down my neck. It gives me medium coverage, and while I like fuller coverage usually, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of coverage if it makes my skin look like this. It contains a substantial amount of physical SPF, doesn't irritate my skin, and is one of the few things that can make my skin glow in cold, dry weather.

I hate the packaging and I wish they'd update it, but I don't see that happening too soon. I've repurchased it once already. I also deducted an overall lippie because this melts off of my face in the summer.

packaging
- from online pictures, the container looks like it would be bendy and soft, but it's hard plastic
- the pump squirts out the bb cream in short, rapid bursts. you have to be careful with it, or it will get all over the place
feel
- not greasy, but not really nice. it isn't irritating, but it doesn't have a soothing or comfortable feel to it. to me, it feels like some random mediocre bb cream from the drugstore
coverage/look
- the coverage is medium, but it actually makes my skin look not as nice as before, even though it covers blemishes and redness. i look more patchy and uneven with it, and honestly... it makes my skin feel dirtier :(
- finish is natural-shiny (matte, natural, shiny are the 3 categories from less shiny to more)
my skin type
- combination. normal everywhere except a bit oily in the t-zone and some dry patches and blemishes on the forehead. also i have sensitive skin and react poorly to most foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams.

on 11/12/2015 2:06:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I bought this in a set. I saw that it was Light-medium and was excited that it was my color, but applying it I was a little iffy. It looked more light than medium, and it was way too light for my complexion. As it sat, it started to match my skin much better and I actually really like this. During the fall, my skin gets really dry and ashy. I was so excited to try the product that I forgot to put on moisturizer, and usually with foundations it makes my skin look way more dry than it was before. With this product I was happy that it didn't draw that kind of attention to my face. Overall, I am happy with this product