Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I took a spray of this on a little sample card in a department store, as well as spraying some on my wrists. I've been waiting 6 hours now for the gourmand notes to emerge but all I can smell is a strong, sharp, chemical smell. Where's the chocolate and vanilla? I swear it smells more like bug spray.

on 4/19/2012 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample yesterday with a Sephora shipment and I was so excited to try it. I know there are tons of women that love this perfume. I am a Flower Bomb addict! If you read those reviews it's the same, either you love it or you hate it. That said, Angel smells like I just sprayed a bottle of nasty body odor on myself. I could not believe how bad this smelled on me although someone I work with actually said I smelled good. LOL. It's so crazy how perfume smells different on people. The dry down was actually not that bad and the scent does last. There is nothing worse than a perfume that you can't smell on yourself...for me that is Light Blue and Vera Wang Love Struck. I can't smell these the minute after I spray them. I am going to try the sample again tomorrow just in case!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this smell. Def a unisexy scent....but I still love it!

on 2/18/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is terrible. Let me tell you why. I would never want to describe something as being "old lady-ish." I don't think there is anything wrong with being old. However, I will say that can't see a high school girl wearing this fragrance. When I tried it, I was in college and even then, I thought I wasn't mature enough to wear it. With that being said, I would hope that women older than college age women would have better taste than to wear this crap. When first sprayed, it is so strong that it made my eyes water. It stayed that way for a few hours, then slowly I began to smell the so-called "gourmand" scent in it. As others have said, it smells like chocolate, but the chocolate scent is so unmemorable that you begin to wonder why you didn't just wash it off after it made your eyes burn. There is simply nothing exciting or unique about this particular chocolate scent. Skip this fragrance and just get something cheap at Victoria's Secret.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I remember when i heard about this perfume in a magazine, i liked the look of it since it does come in a lovely bottle and the name also got my attention,but what made me want to try was when they said it has chocolate in the notes but when i did have a smell of it boy was i dissapointed i dont know why but to me the fragrance reminds me of the smell of pencil sharpenings,it comes across too woody for me and i could not smell that chocolate smell,but on the plus side it is a beautiful bottle but sadly that is not enough for me to buy it.

on 7/9/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I gave Angel three stars because it is at once despicable and a masterpiece. It is a love it or hate it thing. STRONG and long lasting, cloyingly sweet with a masculine aftershave note interwoven. Very strange but compelling nonetheless. Sexy in a blatant kind of way. Sprayed lightly, I enjoy some of the middle stages. The drydown, however, smells very cheap. Definitely not for the office or closed quarters,

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I know this is a strong, powerful scent, but I love it!!!! Everytime I wear it, i feel powerful. It definitely has some strong notes, but it works very well with my body chemistry.

This is a perfume that does not need to be oversprayed. Just a few small sprays, and it lasts all day long. Love this!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been wearing Angel since I was 15- that's 17 years! I adored it from the second it came out and have always gone back to it as its my favourite scent ever. The chocolate and vanilla notes always stand out for me, and it feels like its 'my' perfume even though millions of people have it. The bottle is divine also and looks gorgeous on display. I also love that my bottle is refillable so I just take it to the store to get refilled, which is eco friendly and saves continually buying fresh bottles. I adore Angel and I always will.

on 5/10/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have to say that this represents a lot of the aspects of a fragrance that doesn't suit me at all. The scent is way too strong, sickly and over powering. This was an unwanted gift. It gave me headaches and I was very glad to give it away. Fragrance choice is such an individual thing.

on 4/1/2011 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I decided to test this fragrance on my wrist after hearing a few good reviews about it. Initially I thought it was an interesting and unique frangrance then I hopped on the bus to go home. About 10 minutes after spraying it, it smelled absolutely sickening. I genuinely felt like throwing up and started feeling paranoid because I thought everyone near me on the bus could smell it. As soon as I got home, I had to run to the bathroom to scrub my wrist and I could still smell it after that. I can handle strong scents but this is the first that left me nauseated with a headache. I would describe the smell as pungent rotten flowers. Maybe it just didn't go well with me but I will not be buying this fragrance anytime soon.

Popular Fragrances