Erborian BB Cream au Ginseng

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Really good

on 5/17/2016 8:23:00 PM

I got this as a sample in both colors and none of them suited me.

on 4/8/2016 3:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This was a product I loved for a couple of years. It's got a nice texture, great coverage and SPF. None of the available shades (basically 3 total) really suited my skin, but I ended up mixing "light" and "golden" and was pretty pleased with the result. I felt it looked fairly natural, more so than most foundations/BB creams I've worn in the past.

After a while, however, I realized that, even mixing the colours, the tone was just... not ideal. Plus, I did some research, saw that there were a few skin-irritating ingredients in this BB cream, and it occurred to me that some of my skin problems might've been related to me using this.

That is, when I first switched to the Erborian BB cream, it seemed like a marked improvement, and for a while I was convinced that this was actually fixing my skin. Idk, maybe for a while it was! But either it stopped working, or it never actually did, but giving it up did turn out to be a good idea.

To give credit where it's due, switching from this BB cream was hard in terms of finding something that would look this natural while providing such coverage. In that regard, it's better than a lot of high-end BB creams/foundations. If not for those pesky irritating ingredients, it would be a pretty great product.

on 4/2/2016 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I do like this. I mix it with CoverFx drops to lighten it and make for more coverage. Lovely texture and finish, doesn't irritate my eyes, which many foundations do.

on 3/18/2016 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for about 5 years now, it is my absolute HG bb creme, or base of any kind at all. It gives a lovely satin finish and feels light and non greasy, with a light to medium coverage that you can easily control by the amount of product you use.

I have sensitive, acne rosacea skin that Is oily down the centre with dry cheeks. This minimises my pores and redness, feels soothing when applied, is non greasy and my skin feels great at the end of the day. I work in an office with crappy air con and travel between sites a lot in busy smelly traffic. If set with powder this lasts out the day and actually protects my skin from all the pollutants and aircon. I can actually tell the difference when I don't wear it, my skin is genuinely better after a day of having worn this than not. And in photos my skin looks flawless.

I buy this in both Clair and Dore and mix them in varying amounts throughout the year to get my perfect shade. You don't need a lot so it lasts forever.

I set this with a powder if I'm going to work, and in summer I also add a spay of skindinavia oil control down the centre of my face as it gets hot and humid where I am and I wear glasses which causes most products to wear around my nose bridge. If I do this it's seriously on until I wash my face at night. Normal days I just wear this and only set under where my glasses sit, and I will get some wear on that area.

Only cons at all are that this is getting harder and harder for me to find. It's not sold in NZ and used to be able to easily order online, now not so much. It's stupidly expensive because of this, but on the other hand lasts so long that it really balances out the price.

on 3/28/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Every time I wear this BB creme people compliment my skin saying how great it looks, how smooth and one person even said my skin was like butter. So, now I'm wearing it every day! I got this as a sample originally and thought the Dore color might be too dark for my fair to medium skin. But it blended beautifully and made my red splotches and dark circles disappear. I have dry skin, especially in the winter, and i wear serum and moisturizer under this BB creme and my skin looks fabulous. I haven't used any foundation since I found this and will definitely repurchase it!

Very good but prefer the cc cream

on 7/1/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

been using erborian bb cream light and dore for a year now - cant live without it! improved my skin too! i wish the packaging was cuter tho.. ^_^

on 6/29/2014 8:11:00 PM

i would buy this again! having combination skin and outbreak of spots oh also large pores on my cheeks, this bb cream has to be the best ive found so far. it doesnt leave my skin feeling greasy, it doesnt leave a shine on my face and best of all it doesnt irritate my skin. i use little amounts and if i need more to cover the red areas i'll keep adding little amounts. it does leave a good coverage, a better coverage than the rimmel foundation i use. i use the bb cream on its own and sometimes mixed in with my foundation. it feels so light on my face, the only downfall is that it is quite expensive, 17pound i paid and the tube is quite little. ive had it for about a month and i need another one

on 3/26/2014 6:14:00 PM

A bit on the expensive side but so worth it for me. At first I found it too pasty. I left it in my drawer and forgot about it. Then a SA recommended this to me and I gave it another try. Happy I did so! This completely replaces foundation for me. I just apply it over foundation and it evens out my complexion in a minute. You just need to use very little: more is useless and won't make you look better. Just a fine layer is enough to hide imperfections. You could add some under eye concealer if you like. I finish with either Jane Iredale Pure Pressed powder or MAC blotting powder. It doesn't stay matte all day but stays neat and doesn't oxidize. As for caring properties it mainly feels neutral to me: not really moisturizing, not really drying. It doesn' t cause breakouts either. I think it's a bit calming as it tones down redness. I use the lightest shade and am mac 20. I think about mixing this with the darker shade during spring and summer, because I don't want to give up during the warmer months. Would certainly repurchase in fact it's on my to do list! Give it a try if you can.