Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes

3.4

on 5/3/2011 4:55:00 PM

Hmm, i'm sort of on the fence whether i like this or not. Florals are not my favorite category and while i don't despise any of them, finding a floral that i actually like is quite difficult. Lot of reviews on this scent are very positive so when i saw this at Walmart for $14, i decided to give it a go. On the first burst, i really don't smell peach but citrus(and there is no citrus fruit listed so go figure). After few minutes i can detect a smell of dark rose(at least i'm assuming that's what it is)and peony. It does smell like these flowers were dipped in sugar because there is sweet sugary undertone thought this scent. This is not green scent by any means. Imagine huge bouquet of roses and peonies, saturating the room with their fragrance, flowers that are cool with drops of water-that's Violet Eyes. Its a unique scent, i don't think i ever smelled anything simular before.
The strange thing is that name is very suitable for this scent-if color violet had a scent, this is what i would imagine it would smell like.
This scent is not really "me" but i think its very well done and smells better than lot of designer fragrances that i sampled in the past. Lasting power is very good-it lasted about 3-4 hours and my skin tends to eat up perfume so this is excellent.
I disagree with the previous reviewer saying that its suitable for high school girl and juvenile. Just the opposite-its a sophisticated floral that its suitable for any age

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

ugh smells cheap and very juvenile. Something for a young junior high girl. sampled it at CVS Wouldn't purchase and wouldn't use it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My husband bought this for me, because he developed a sudden aversion to my favorite scent, Wild Musk. I chose it because of the name, Violet Eyes....not because of Elizabeth Taylor, but because of my kitty-girl, Violet. She has striking eyes as well. I liked the scent of this, and wanted to punish my hubby with the high price point, even though he was able to buy it at Rite Aid for about $24. That is expensive compared to what I would usually pay for a bottle of fragrance, but it ticked me off the way he turned so suddenly against my Wild Musk cologne. He said Wild Musk reminded him of the scent of a fully soaked Depends!! Now, on to the merits of the actual product. I really do like the scent of this....it's not too fruity or florally, which are qualities I don't like in my fragrances. I'm no fragrance expert, but to my nose this smells outdoorsy. I like the bottle as well...purple, and it pleases and sparkles. I would agree with other reviewers that the scent disappears quickly, which is why I knocked off a lipstick. But all in all I love having a fragrance which reminds me of my beloved Violet. And I would repurchase when I run out....but I'll wait for another 40% off sale.

To me it smells exactly like a sheerer version of Light Blue. I don't get any violets, don't know if they're listed in the notes. I like the scent, it's pretty.

on 3/31/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like this soft, sweet floral scent, but it's very subtle, even freshly applied. Faded completely within two hours.

on 3/30/2011 7:34:00 PM

UPDATE: I decided that I like this. It smells fresh w/o being Johnson & Johnson, baby fresh. It's fresh with character. I updated it to 4 lippies. Maybe I wouldn't spend $50 on this, but I would certainly buy another small $14 bottle.

I don't hate this scent, so I got a small bottle for $14 at Walmart. Not bad, really. I can think of a dozen HE scents that are MUCH worse than this and that I wouldn't wear on a bet (Juicy Couture, the ever puke-inducing L.A.M.B., Eau de Acetone, a.k.a. Dolce&Gabbana's Light Blue, and so many more).

Took a bit of getting used to, at first. But I wear this when I'm not going anywhere, just to smell nice at home. 3.5 lippies, if I had the option.

on 2/19/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unless my body chemistry changes, I will not like this fragrance. I wanted to love another one of Taylor's fragrances, but this is another let down for my nose. ;-( There is just something in there that does not smell right on me. I think it must be the violet, even though I love the smell of violet, it does not smell that good on myself. So for me, this is a no can wear. I had a small spray bottle so I cannot state about the packaging other than, the color of the little spray can thingie was pretty, light violet in color. ;-)

Popular Fragrances