Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths
Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths

2.3

on 6/28/2011 4:09:00 PM

I normally use Purity cleanser on a daily basis which I really like. So I purchased these clothes to use for when I need convenience like when traveling or when I get home late at night. I really like them. I can't believe the makeup that comes off with them. I do not break out from them like I did with the Neutrogena brand. Nor are these slimy feeling like the Neutrogena brand. I also like the scent. I think these are really good and I will repurchase.

on 5/20/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I received this as a sample and I absolutely hated it! I don't have sensitive skin at all, but this burned like crazy! I know that it says on the package that it can, but this just doesn't seem right to me. I even rinsed it off and now my skin feels awful. I love purity made simple, but I would never buy these.

on 4/18/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

plain and simple. They do not work. I spent $20 on these thinking they would be best for my skin. The were abrasive, and burned my eye area. I had to run it across my face several times to get the makeup off, including the eye makeup. I bought some Olay cloths for $4 at CVS and they work better, clean better, and do not irritate my skin. they are not as abrasive either. This one is just a huge disappointment.

on 4/9/2011 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

First let me say that I have used the Purity cleanser and I did like it. Not enough to switch my current cleanser for it but I digress! I just used one of these wipes tonight for the very first time and OH MY GOSH it burns! I had to run to the sink, get out my MK cleanser and wash my face off! It's been an hour since this and my face is still irritated and red! I do NOT have sensitive skin, it's always been very resilient. It can always tolerate how I experiment on it, lol. So bummed now...these must go back to the store and now I have to find a new wipe.

on 12/22/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Like every other Philosophy product I've tried, I did not like this cleansing cloth/wipe. Fortunately I received a sample wipe and did not actually spend money on this. First thing I noticed when using this is that it STINGS. In order to get mascara off, you will have to put this in close contact with your eye and it stung. It also stung the skin a little, but since I spent most of my time attempting to remove my eye makeup, the stinging was most noticeable in the skin surrounding my eyes. It did, however, remove eye makeup reasonably well (MAC Fluidline, eyeshadow, Shiseido mascara base and waterproof mascara). It also removed my foundation and concealer. I would not repurchase these due to 1) the price and 2) the stinging. I'll stick to my Target brand wipes for $4/pack!

on 12/16/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this at night time, as I find it cleanses well (normally sunscreen + concealor + blush) and my skin doesn't feel dry or filmy afterwards. I don't know if it takes off eye makeup/mascara because I use tubing mascara and don't often wear eye shadows so I have yet to try. It has a milky texture and easy to spread on damp face, I just massage all over my face and it rinses clean with warm water. The only drawback is that it does sting the eyes a little, or maybe I just rub it too hard on my eyes because I don't get that everytime. FYI, I purchased the 32oz version which I find the price is acceptable, and the bottle comes with a pump which I love.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These would never be something I could use without water....I don't know who formulated these thinking you could. Purity is my HG cleanser and these are about as far away as you can get from that!..
They didn't remove my waterproof mascara, and left my skin kinda stingy and red! I have been using them at night before I shower as a face makeup remover,after using a seperate eye makeup remover..
Too expensive for just a makeup wipe and useless as a one-step.

Will not repurchase and do not recommend....try the Target version of Neutrogena wipes instead

on 10/22/2010 2:35:00 PM

I bought these when I had Lasik and for 3 weeks I could not get my eyes close to water ( or MU either :O )

I had no problems with them removing the make-up I was able to wear, and once I could put on eye makeup, the wipes cleaned them and the mascara off very easly.

BUT - don't use these daily. They do not get your skin as clean as you think. I have taking another product's toner and wiped my face afterwards and found make-up still there. I would use this for situations like mine above, or over night trips etc, but not daily.

on 10/18/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Ho-ly crap. I really do not like these! They cost around $20 which I picked up at my local Ulta, so the price for 45 cloths is fairly decent. The packaging is simple, and it seems as if it would keep the product from drying out, but I didn't get far enough to know. I will mention that I was carrying one around the store, and some moisture from the packaging fell out onto my hand, which I traded out for the one I eventually bought.

If you have sensitive skin, stay the heck away from these! I thought I would try them to take on a trip with me, since there isn't a chance of this spilling all over my bags, but I am glad I tried one before I took them with me.

I have sensitive skin, not overly so, and I love the regular Purity Made Simple cleanser. These however, are nothing like it. The second It touched my skin, it started to burn, but me and my genius self decided to just deal with it until I had used it on my entire face. Big mistake. Even after using their Hope in a Jar moisturizer, my face was red and blotchy for more than an hour. To the credit of the product, the back of the package does say "Mild tingling may occur on initial application" but what I experienced goes far beyond tingling. They are going back to the store ASAP.

Other note-worthy aspects:
Packaging 6/10
"Cleansing Power" 3/10
Price for amount 8/10

Philosophy, I really do love you, but this is in my opinion your worst failure.