Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.1

Hands down my favorite setting powder! I just wish it didn't smell like my grandma's house, that is my only complaint. The fragrance thankfully doesn't last on the skin.

on 9/17/2017 10:51:00 PM

I was recommended this product by a friend of mine and I was pleased by it, but I do have some cons for it as well.
Pros:
Keeps makeup in place
Very good at baking
Adds coverage

Cons:
Very drying (I ALWAYS have to use a hydration mist because it sucks all the moisture out of my face)
The smell...

This is very scented and honestly I don't particularly care for the scent. It has a very 1920s expired perfume smell, again, not something I love. This powder did leave me very dry, I'm not kidding when I say dry, I mean, just Sahara desert-level. That being said, my skin is a nice neutral color and I always choose yellower foundations so the translucent shade does wonders to match my skin and I like it a lot. It makes my makeup when I apply a slippery wet foundation go from a slime pit to a beautiful blank set canvas. This powder is very finely mild and well crafted. I will not debunk any of the claims about this particular powder and I will say that you are getting a lot of product for the price especially. I would just recommend that if you use this, apply a hydrating setting spray afterwards or it's going to be so drying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I had VERY high expectations for this powder. Everyone loves it, so why wouldn't I? I have oily/combo skin that tends to peel a lot (due to using retin-a, aha, and chemical peels), yet my skin is extremely oily at the same time. That's why this powder didn't work for me. It's very drying. Normally this would be a good thing, but for me, it just clings to my dry, peeling skin. It also makes me look white-ish pink. It's the strangest color. I have a summer tan on my skin and use Jergens Natural Glow for face (love this product) so I am slightly tan and look like I am trying to make myself whiter/lighter. It's summer - so I appreciate a summer tan. This powder just isn't flattering on me. And - as someone else said - it smells like an old lady's purse. Thankfully the smell dissipates after a few minutes. I will stick to my NYX Stay Matte, Not Flat powder foundation (my hg for now).

I got this after months of hearing the hype about it and I was so excited! I have dry skin so I don't use too much powder anyway, so I didn't need this powder to work wonders. When I opened it it does have quite a strong floral-y scent to it, but I liked the scent so it didn't bother me. I used it with a brush and I didn't really notice anything different to my usual Rimmel powder, but it did make my skin SUPER soft! It didn't dry it out or anything. I then began using it to set under my under eye concealer mix of the NYX under eye colour corrector and my Maybelline age rewind. I did it using my Real Techniques beauty blender (damp of course) to press the powder in as I tend to get very noticeable crease lines her and the powder fixed them all! Overall a great buy and not too expensive so I will definitely be buying again!

on 9/6/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a great recommendation for this as a dupe for a more expensive product and NOPE. The "translucent" was too pink. It irritated my skin, so even if I liked it I couldn't have kept using it, so if you have sensitive skin, stay away from this. I later learned they do make an unscented version, but too late. That ship has sailed. Why did I even give it two lippies? Because the price is great, the packaging is cool and vintagey, and it's not the sh*ttiest powder in the world, for someone whose skin can take it.

on 9/1/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would recommend this product. Not pricey and very affordable. I use loreal foundation and pressed powder and use this powder under my eye. It blends well. I love the smell too! I feel like my face smells so good because of this powder lol Good value ❤️

on 8/13/2017 11:34:00 AM

I tried this after getting recommended by my friends. As much as I want to love this product, it gives me some kind of itchiness after applying them on my face. I have combi skin but this product kinda irritates my skin (even though i dont have sensitive skin). The smell doesnt bothers me. It's just the itch i can't stand! Not gonna repurchase.

on 8/13/2017 10:02:00 AM

I bought this product due to some rave reviews and I thought I want to try it. Took me awhile to find it at Wal-Mart. Not bad just the awful smell makes me sick for some reason and found out it has Parabens on it! I don't use it all the time just sometimes when I needed it.

I don't understand why this powder is called translucent when there's pigment to it. It's very pink, I'm sick of all this pink foundation and powder, no ones skin is pink, no one wants a pink hue to their skin. It's somewhat beige also, so it's useable. I don't understand why they can't make these off white. It does silightly make my foundation look a weird color and uneven.
I hate how there's a lot of shimmer in it, who wants their entire face shimmery? We wouldn't want shimmer in foundation, so why in powder?
It does keep oil away, I haven't noticed my face feeling dry and tight from it. It has a perfume smell, but not horribly, I haven't noticed this breaking out my face yet. The price is decent.
UPDATE: This broke my face out horribly, they really need to make face powders with gentle ingredients. The ingridents are obviously way to harsh or should not be used on the face to clog pores that bad and cause breakouts.

on 7/21/2017 12:42:00 PM

I have combo skin, I was absolutely excited to purchase this product and try it out, but once I opened it, the smell of baby powder and elder-perfume maksed the room and my face and after 2 hours of wearing the powder, I realized I had cake face