Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I like the palette, it's covered in soft velvet which is really nice. The shadows are super nice, most of them are metallic (which I love), but there is a lot of fallout every time I dip my brush into one of the shadows. Not my fav. palette. Also way too expensive.

on 3/7/2017 11:58:00 PM

Finally caved in and decided to try this palette (Urban Decay's original NAKED). I had a feeling I would not be impressed but was hoping I would be wrong. But I was not impressed. The eyeshadow seem hardpacked but still create some fallout. Not as creamy as I was hoping they would be. The shades come out looking kind of muddy. There's a few shades I like alright but in general they all look prettier in the pan. Hard to blend and creases pretty easily. I don't like the brush that came with this pallet. I prefer my own which are softer and less scratchy on my sensitive eyelids. I've tried a few different combinations of looks and most of them just came out looking muddy and blah. I will probably be returning this for a different pallet, as I've got other nude and warm/golden pallets that are much better.

on 3/1/2017 2:13:00 PM

My 100th review, omg! Figured I would make it about my first ever HE palette! I first got the naked palette when it initially came out, I think I was 16. I was soo excited and loved it. I still have the same one (i know makeup expires, but this was almost $60 lol, i'm not tossing it until there's nothing left) but honestly, there's only a few shades I use. And I think it's the same shades I used back then, too. I love virgin-buck. I use naked or a mix of naked and buck very often in my crease for my everyday work makeup. I have hit pan on naked and plan to buy a single when it's out. I like buck but sometimes it leans a little too warm on me. Virgin I hit pan on a long time ago, and I think I read that the highlight in the wnw walking on eggshells was a dupe, so i've been buying that for years and using that on my brow bone. Still love virgin, though, and still have some left. Sin i've only used a few times, but need to use more because it would be a pretty lid shade, pinky champagne color. Sidecar i've used a few times as a crease or lid color, gunmetal only a handful of times but it's so cool, it's a slate grey with glitter and a tiny hint of blue, I like to use this typically on the lower lash line if I use it. I'm not a fan of gold, I was when I was younger so I may have used half baked/smog more then, and I think I may have used half baked one year for Halloween but these 2 go relatively untouched. Tbh don't think i've ever used toasted/hustle. Not sure why, so maybe I should try them because they look pretty. They seem kind of purple to me, which I don't usually wear, but looking online they look more champagne and bronze. Idk. Need to try them lol. Overall I see this more of a warm palette w/ a few cool tones thrown in, but I do really love it. Love all the naked palettes from UD, smart move on their part. I'm glad I have this in my collection and got it when it first came out. I will definitely purchase singles of certain things when I run out of them. Will I repurchase again? Maybe. I can't really say because at this point, there's so many things out there but this is nice. Especially for beginners or if you like more warm/bronzey looks.

on 3/1/2017 2:00:00 PM

I avoided the hype of the Naked palettes until the Naked 3... Then I was hooked. I understood the hype and gave in. I went back and got the original since I wanted a warmer toned palette. I love the texture/consistency of Urban Decay shadows the most. (Anastasia is a close second, and in fact, I prefer their mattes) The pigmentation is excellent. It doesn't fade off my eyes the way other eyeshadows do. It blends well. It does not cause any irritation. It offers a good color range/selection. Overall, it's just a really nice palette. It's a tad pricey but I feel that if you are mainly a neutral makeup wearer, this one palette (or one of the other Naked palettes, depending on your preferred undertone) could be all you need.

on 3/2/2017 12:56:00 PM

Pros: nice range of colors, rich colors, silky. Cons: too much fallout, muddy, irritating, hard to blend

on 3/2/2017 2:04:00 PM

Oh where do I start with this? I have such a love and hate relationship with my Naked Palette.. the shadows are nice and creamy, beautifully pigmented, nice neutral colours.. but they are so hard to blend (I am not a beginner), I mean you can work with them if you put a bit more time into blending. They don't stay on my eyes for very long, and crease very easily. When I do a look with this, it looks amazing for the first couple of hours, then the shadows kind of disappear into thin air. I could sit at my vanity and swatch these shadows all day, but realistically I only make good use out of the matte shades and a couple of the shimmers in this palette. Love the packaging tho.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is hands down best palette for a gift to make everyone happy. Half of the shades have cool undertone other half are warm. There is no chance for mistake. Anyone will find something to enjoy using. Shadows are highly pigmented and palette comes with the brush that is not bad at all.
However I would not recommend to buy it for yourself if your skin tone isn't neutral. I have warm skin and I can't use half of the shades.
I will not repurchase it for myself, but will continue to buy it for my friends and family.

on 2/25/2017 6:55:00 AM

This was my first eyeshadow pallette that I bought years ago and it still is worth every penny. I have used this pallette almost everyday for about 3 years and there is still plenty left. (I have dropped it a couple of times so a few are broken) It is a bit pricey, but it lasts ages. It has great pigmentation and barely any fallout (looking at you, Naked2).The packaging isn't that great because the velvet gets dirty easily, But overall, great neutral palette with light and dark shades with matte and shimmery colors that lasts all day with the primer. Never regretted buying it and it is my go to pallette!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Perfection. best money i ever spent. i use this baby everyday for every kind of look. love

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.