L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.3

on 2/13/2011 7:53:00 PM

Honestly, I found this in the sale bin at a CVS, and for less than 2 dollars, that was a steal! The biggest problem with this is the brush that came with it. It's a horrible brush, too scratchy and coarse, it gouges the makeup when you try to use it. The screw top's security is another thing that bothers me-I feel as though I can't take it anywhere unless it's been secured in some way otherwise it'll open and mess up my bag! I love the little mirror on the back though, it's awesome!

The actual makeup I thought was amazing, but not my HG yet. It really covers up redness and little imperfections without caking! Definitely recommending it.

on 1/31/2011 5:32:00 PM

I have no idea what happened but my face was covered in hives about ten minutes after application. It would have been a good buy had I not reacted.

on 11/17/2010 12:10:00 AM

This is for the pressed powder. Unfortunately this didn't work for me at all. Even with a really good quality kabuki brush I found it difficult to apply evenly. Instead it just sat in patches where the brush first touched my skin and I ended up having to try and buff it in with my hands. Secondly it broke me out. I am assuming that both these problems are caused by the waxes used to make it pressed rather than loose powder. Thirdly, even after buffing it in, it appeared rather chalky and definitely emphasised my pores.

on 11/11/2010 8:27:00 PM

I love this product. My friend gave it to me because the shade did not work for her. I've never tried a mineral powder but my friend raved about it. She was soo right. I am now on my 2nd one.

Pros: super easy to apply and fast. Even coverage. Great if you only need a little coverage in the T-zone.
Cons: does not provide as good coverage of a cream foundation. I mainly noticed that in my pictures, my completion was just not as 'airbrushed' as the heavier foundations but still good.

on 9/24/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit: 11.29.11

I loved this foundation to death. If you don't have acne or extremely oily skin, and just want to even out your skin, this is the BEST mineral foundation available. I have tried Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals, Physicians Formula... you name it. They don't compare to this at all.

My skin is getting oilier by the day, and this could no longer hold up. The shimmer from the Bismuth in it made me look incredibly gross. I really wish they would take out the shimmer. It's not noticeable until it's time to blot your face. Their setting powders have it too. The foundation would be 100% better matte, with matte setting powder.

For mineral foundations, the price is low and amount you get is way better than competition.

on 9/7/2010 10:22:00 AM

After months and months of trying to find the perfect foundation (liquid, powder or mineral, I tried them all) I found this! The perfect shade 418. I bought a few of them when they were on sale, I hit pan and went to buy more only find they are discontinued!!!! Very sad now I have to start the search to find another perfect make up. Any suggestions on a similiar product?

I have been using the L'Oreal Bare Natural loose mineral foundation for over a year. I bid on an auction on ebay and the seller sent me this instead. I was very angry because I did not think that it would have as much coverage. I was about to send the seller a nasty email when I decided to check the reviews on makeupalley.com. Most of the reviews were positive so it made me curious.

I decided to go ahead and try the powder and I was pleasantly surprised. I think this has better coverage then the loose powder. It also makes less mess. I think I will continue purchasing this product as long as it is available.

on 7/6/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have only used this powder twice, but so far it seems to be working quite well for me. I initially wanted to buy another mineral powder as a cheap alternative to my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I use for very light coverage, and mainly use for oil absorption. The mineral powders, I find, work extremely well for the latter, and therefore have pretty much worked themselves into my skincare regime. This Bare Naturale powder also has quite decent coverage for a powder! It reduces, really, a lot of redness on my face and evens and tones down all of the various shades. It doesn't cover darkness like under-eye circles or anywhere else on your face that may be particularly dark, but it really does help with the redness.

I have the powder in 420 Sun Beige. It matches my skin tone very well, and does look natural.

Of course the brush with it wasn't made to be a functional tool, I mean, it's like a really tiny sweep broom: very coarse, hard on skin, leaves little gouges in the product from how rough the bristles are, but it looks cute in the compact, so I just leave it there and use my e.l.f studio powder brush, which works magnificently. It actually picks up a little too much of this kind of powder, but I just dip the brush into the product with varied pressure for however much I want.

I'm not a fan of this packaging, though. I'd want to put a piece of tape around the lid and container, because it has a twist-based closure that is not at all secure on my product. I would definitely be cautious of tossing this into a bag, and that means I wouldn't. But the brush and packaging aside, this is actually a surprisingly good mineral powder! I'd even call it a light-coverage foundation.

*update - 7-7-10
I love this powder. I've been using it for the past week or so and it leaves such a smooth, flawless finish on my skin! It's even better than the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural! I don't know if it's because this L'Oreal powder is finer than the MAC mineral powder, but it works amazingly well- really, really well. It doesn't look flakey, chalky, dry, fake, it's just perfect. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 5/5/2010 7:06:00 AM

I LOVE this product. The original was recommended to me by a youtube guru but here in Ireland you can only get the compact one. I bought this in Sun Beige for dirt cheap on Ebay.

I didnt think it would be great to be honest, as i have far from perfect skin. But i found it to be my HG now. I have small acne scars and this covers them really well, the coverage is brilliant. It even hides most small blemishes pretty well. It looks so natural, and my skin looks lovely and dewy. It can look a bit dry at first, but let it sink into your skin.

Lasting power is brilliant, i dont get oily with this, i only need to blot once during the work day, after about 5 or 6 hours. Then im good to go.

I love that its a compact, and has a mirror! Absolutely brilliant for on the go touch ups to!

Totally recommend it to everyone! great product :)

on 3/24/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely loved the finish this product had on my face. It made my skin look absolutely flawless and beautiful. I used my kabuki brush, swirl it in the powder then buff it into my face. Unfortunately, after a few days of using this, I started breaking out in LOTS of little bumps, which was very unusual as I hardly ever get spots. I have since then stopped using this, and the spots have gone away. I wish this didn't make me break out, because it did make my skin look beautiful :(