Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

3.3

on 6/28/2013 12:24:00 AM

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I generally don't use an eye makeup remover, but I've been using a new heavy duty waterproof mascara lately so I decided to pick this up. A few swipes of this with a cotton pad and most of the mascara is gone. I then wash my face and follow with witch hazel for a toner. It does say oil-free, but my eyes/contacts do get filmy. The problem is resolved once I wash my face and water seeps into my eyes.

One bottle will last me quite awhile, as it doesn't take much to get the makeup off. Good deal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product irritated the skin above both of my eyes. Would not recommend it for sensitive skin. I really try to purchase Up & Up when I'm trying to save money at Target and loved the price point of this eye makeup remover, but it's not worth the irritation.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this (the target store brand) when I was out of my lancome duo-phase make up remove. It is great, but way more then I am willing to pay for something so simple. I have also use the nuetrogena version, too.

I have to say, this works just as well, if not better.

I soak a cotton pad, and place is on my eye for a few seconds to allow it to soak and break down mascara and eyeliner. I then rub a little to loosen it up, especially if I am wearing waterproof mascara. I think it work best to let it set before cleansing it off with a mild foaming facial cleanser (I like the clean & clear foaming sensitive skin, or loreal 360 for sensitive skin because they dont irritate my eyes) It sitll takes a little work from the cleanser to remove all my eye makeup, but this for sure helps out a lot. My eyes are very sensitive, and this does not irritate them at all.

I didn't like how oily it was at first, but since I wash it right off, it's no biggie.

If you like duo-phase make up removers then you should try it. There is no need to spend more on a similar product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think for its price, this is a REALLY good make up remover. It removes majority of my eye makeup including my eyeliner and all the eyshadows. However, it doesn't really remove all my waterproof mascara. But that's pretty much the only complaint I have for it. Doesn't make my eye area feel oily afterwards. This product is great!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product claims to remove waterproof makeup and I will tell you that is not true at all. I really worked with the makeup remover and it still did not get everything off. I will not repurchase.

on 1/20/2013 9:12:00 AM

I religiously buy the up & up EYE make up remover (in the 2.5 oz vs 5.5). I was in the store the other day and the smaller bottle (clear bottle green cap and writing on label) was no where to be found, so i settled for the larger bottle (clear with purple cap) and the $5.00 price tag. it claims to be OIL FREE. I don't THINK SO. Clearly you can see oil in this bottle as it separates with the water based product inside. I am so dissatisfied with this product I almost want to bring it back. It says EYE MAKE UP REMOVER on the label, yet warnings tell me to avoid contact with eyes. Obviously I try not to get it in my eye, but it still seeps in thus making my eye a big oily mess! WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN. I really hope they didn't discontinue the green cap smaller one, I really can't remember the difference only being that that product was AMAZING compared to this one.

on 1/17/2011 1:49:00 PM

This makeup remover isn't bad. I would buy it again. But I recently switched to Neutrogena. And i think it works better than the Up&Up, even though it is a little bit more expensive.

on 3/24/2011 2:38:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Really fucking oily for not having oil as it says in the bottle. For that reason, I will not repurchase. I don't like the feeling of rubbing oil on my eyes. I should have just repurchased my Equate eye makeup remover. Now THAT I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not the best. I didn't exactly want to spend a lot on a makeup remover. So I got this at target. I only use a few items: concealer, eyeliner, and mascara. First, when I used this, I got white, dry skin on all the areas where I used it, and even on my hands. It was disgusting. The price was pretty cheap, and so was the product. I'm not buying again. For a cheap price, comes cheap quality.

on 3/26/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the Target version of Neutrogena's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. I wear a lot of eye makeup, especially waterproof mascara, every day and this takes it all off easily. I soak a cotton ball and hold it to my eye for about 20 seconds and gently swipe it away. I rarely have to go over it a second time to get everything. It does feel oily for being 'oil-free' but the oily residue rinses away easily when I wash my face right after. I find it less drying than Neutrogena's and the bottle is cuter. It was around $4 if I remember correctly. I will repurchase.