MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

4.3

on 1/24/2014 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has got to be my most re-purchased make up staple ever. I've gone through about 5 tubs of this. No matter how far I stray, I always come back to it because it does what its supposed to do perfectly. I usually use this powder to lock in my foundation and it never leaves a white cast - it blurs imperfections and allows my makeup to come through without mattifying it too much. I also like to pat this under the eye to prevent my eyeliner from budging. I use this on no makeup days when all I want to do is make my sunscreen look less shiny on my face. It's such a wonderful, versatile and effective product. Oh and it doesn't break you out either! You also get to use every single bit of this powder because the powder sift thingy can come apart, allowing you to really get to the bottom of the container. I would definitely repurchase, even though its a bit on the pricey side - reliable basics are just so hard to come by!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have the pressed version of this powder and it's just gorgeous! I'm quite lucky to have clear skin so I hate to mask it with heavy coverage products so I recently converted from Mac Studio Fix powder to this, LOVE. I weat this with Mac Prep + Prime bb cream... hello dewy, glowing skin. This powder manages to keep an oily t-zone at bay, but still allows a beautiful dewy glow. I think this is great quality for the price, for a mid to high end makeup brand. I read reviews saying it makes you look pale despite being translucent so I'm going to look out for that, I don't notice my NC35 skin tone looking pale at all. I will admit I'm going to buy Chanel Poudre Universal and compare the two, so I'll keep you posted....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING. I have always used a medium coverage foundation and recently I switched to Tarte's BB cream for a more light coverage. I was wanting a finishing powder to go over my BB cream and ended up buying this after all the wonderful reviews. This is literally the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't look cakey, it keeps oil at bay, and helps conceal pores. I have oily skin and this kept my face shine free for about 12 hours. I apply it with a fan brush or a kabuki. The packaging is also pretty good for a loose powder but can be messy if you pour to much powder. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 12/17/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder! This is the best translucent powder!!! I use this over my Mac face and body & make up forever hd! Face and body alone makes me look shiney, but I apply this with my elf flat top powder brush and my skins looks airbrushed. I spritz some Mac fix + and I'm good to go!!! I will definitely buy this again and again and again. I was considering giving it a 4 for packaging but what can I expect. I could have easily purchased the compaq form, but I didn't, so I won't dock it for my mistake! Great powder!!! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great finishing powder, it sets make up really well and keeps shininess at bay. It also does a good job veiling pores. It can look white and powdery at first but it settles in nicely and blends in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I reviewed this product before but I feel like I should do a better review - with pro's and con's.

Okay, so this loose powder has been my go to powder this entire year. I like it because it makes my foundation last a little longer and it looks natural. Not shimmery or too cakey. I'm pretty sure this will work for the most skintypes.

Pro's:
-Looks natrual
-Makes your foundation stay for at least 9 hours
-Not shimmery or cakey
-Doesn't look "dry" if you know what I mean

Con's:
-Pretty expensive

I don't speak perfect English, I'm from Sweden.

I love this powder. I use it over foundation or on its own. It makes your skin look matt and velvety and feel lovely and soft. I buy backups of this product because the thought of running out of it makes me nervous!

on 5/31/2013 8:44:00 AM

I always generously apply this to my t-zone if I know I'll be too busy (or lazy) to apply it later in the day and this is truly the BEST finishing powder I've ever used.

It does not emphasize dry patches, does not make me appear ghost white in pictures, did not break me out, and keeps my makeup in place the whole day. I will always repurchase this great product!

I have purchased this product twice then switched to Laura Mercier's loose powder but went back and purchased MAC's Prep+Prime loose powder for the third time. I am sure there are better products out there but this does the job for me, the only down side about it is that I wish it didn't give a completely matte finish and thus I am still hunting for a better product.

I use it mainly to:

1. Powder my concealer - I use MAC Pro Long-wear concealer and it has to be powdered; this powder has a lightweight and is perfect for setting my concealer and avoid creasing under the eye. It is also helps in preventing my eye liner flick from smudging.

2. Powder my foundation (Chanel Vitalumier) - sets foundation well, does not change the color of your foundation- gives a natural matte finish.

on 2/3/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great powder which I use to set my MAC studio fix fluid foundation. Feels silky and keeps my oil prone T-zone all day! I'm a NW20-25 and on me, this powders looks invisible (unlike other transluscent powders i've tried which can look 'caked' and make my skin look ashen). Only negative point is that it's not very travel friendly due to the holes in the inner packaging, meaning the powder ends up everywhere! It doesn't really bother me though as I apply once in the morning and my face looks flawless all day! Another great product from MAC :-)