Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Hidden Fantasy

Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Hidden Fantasy
Britney Spears - Hidden FantasyBritney Spears - Hidden Fantasy

3.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tested this one at the store, but didn't buy. On the right person, this would smell quite nice but it didn't on me. I found it to be a bit cloying and I didn't like how this scent lingered on my skin. It's quite dominant in the orange/mandarin notes with a spicy sort of smell which wasn't too appealing for me. It dried down to an amber/musk combo. It's not bad, but I prefer other Britney perfumes over this.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I was shopping around the mall the other day looking for a nice little perfume i could use on a day to day basis. I liked the packaging on this perfume and it was on sale for like ten bucks so i decided to give it a try.
Big mistake. I find the other scents by Britney Spears, acceptable but i'm a big fan and this is no exception. It smells like orange juice with a little vanilla mixed in there at first. It's very strong in the begining but after maybe thirty minutes later the scent dies down and it just smelled like oranges to me. I don't hate it, and i do use it once in a while but for me? I won't be buying this perfume again. I thought it was very low quality.

This was a must buy for me as I love fragrances with orange notes in them, however this one is a little disappointing. It starts off beautifully, with a spicy orange vanilla scent......and then nothing! This has absolutely no lasting power whatsoever. It could have been lovely, but it hardly seems worth paying money for something you can no longer smell after about 10 minutes, particularly when there are other far superior orange scented fragrances out there such as L by Lolita Lempicka and Liberte by Cacheral.

on 5/19/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just noticed I have no review for this one! I do find this to be a very pretty sweet scent. I have to be in the mood to wear too sweet perfume, but this one seems to be just sweet enough to smell great. I think there is more actual floral in this one compared to Midnight F. How odd too that Hidden F. cost a lot less than Midnight F.! Perhaps because Midnight came after Hidden??? I think her perfume designers have done a great job on this Hidden Fantasy fragrance.
My only suggestion would be (to all celeb fragrance makers!) Please make these lovely 'Celebrity' perfumes last longer! For goodness sakes! If they are indeed inspired by a few of of our worlds beloved celebrity's, wouldn't we all think that the individual celeb. would insist that her/his scents last, and last! Brings me back to my idea of a good deal. If we have to spray & respray then it is not such an inexpensive scent after all!
Celeb fragrances have never been high on my list to go score, but lately, when I hear a fragrance is being discontinued, well....if I find the ingredients to be those of my liking, I go on a search at all the discount places. Some that I have acquired are actually very nice & compared to my 'ole time favorites, inexpensive. I look at expense differently though. I do not find that if I pay say $20 to $30 for a one ounce, or even a 1.7 oz. bottle of a celeb fragrance it to be a killer deal, since a large bottle (3 oz & larger) of some designer fragrance cost say $80 to $100 on sale. Then it becomes like 60 celeb compared to say 80 designer....hmmm rather get the designer brands. There are some very lovely perfumes (designer included) that I have to spray over and over & for these, I do not mind because I love them that much, but the Fantasy series is not among that group. Not yet anyway, but then I have not tried all of B. Spears scents & I keep hoping some of these celeb designers will read out suggestions and create celeb scents that actually last long enough to get out the door. ;-)
I know this is a long review, but I just had to express myself about designer fragrances, celeb scents & knock off brands. Going to do perfume? Make it last!

on 2/16/2011 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

If this one costs 10 bucks, I will buy it just for the beautiful bottle which is the nicest in fantasy range, but its scent is the worst. I tried it 4 times on me and even my friends, hoped that I were wrong but actually nothing about it that should be called Fantasy. It opens with faint orange, just a bit warm spicy edge by clove. Not bad nor impress either, then just 15 mins it dried down straight to ordinary oriental vanilla. Done! No more layers, I cant detect any bit of cherry notes, cup cake or gourmand smell. Its very boring, out there hundred perfumes with vanilla base better than this. And the lasting power is a disappointment too, just about 1hour from the opening till it completely gone. The only good thing is this Hidden Fantasy not over powering

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Surprisingly masculine on a paper strip. I was too scared to try it on my skin; it smelled like a guy's cologne to me.

This perfume smelled like every other boring floral fruity blend aimed at teens, and then it was undetectable after fifteen minutes. Quite a disappointment.

on 12/2/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this perfume! I remember testing it at Kohl's and it smelled like an orange creamsicle and vanilla. I want to get this so bad! I would recommend this 100% if you are into girly scents that aren't too childish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love all of BS fantasy line except for this. This was an utter failure. I bought this unsniffed and I instantly regretted it. If bug spray and cherry koolaid had a baby this would be the mistake that came out. I could not for the life of me get it off my skin too! I was considering removing that patch of skin on my wrist just so I wouldnt have to smell it anymore. On a positive note, the lasting power is amazing and the bottle is beautiful. Too bad it wont be joining my other fantasy bottles on my dresser :(

on 2/5/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Definitely would buy this again

It's amazing, it can last 6 hrs or more on me. but its winter right now, maybe that'll change when I wear it in the summer.

I have every one of Brit's Fantasy fragrances, this is really close to my most favourite, but right now I would say Circus is my favourite Fantasy. But anyway. This has a lovely citrus-y opening and it mixes almost completely with floral-y notes afterwards. Then it dries down to something SLIGHTLY creamy, but not as much as Circus, musky, and maintains this bubble-gummy musk scent throughout the day. But you don't end up smelling like candy all day (like Midnight Fantasy--ugh). I would say it's a lot more grown up than Midnight Fantasy, and if you're into musky, citrus-y, deep scents, this is for you. I am definitely keeping my eyes peeled for when this starts circulating and goes on special again. LOVE IT.

Popular Fragrances