Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

Coty airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage
airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageCoty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverageairspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

4.4

on 6/28/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG setting powder that really works on my oily skin. Without this, i have to blot my face (esp t-zone area) for every 30 MINUTES. Yes. 30 minutes. This powder has really great oil control and it does not make me breakout. This powder keeps my skin looking nice and matte for freaking 3 hours (sometimes more). 10 stars from me

on 5/10/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my first loose powder I ever use, so I can't compare it to anything. I couldn't decide whether or not I should buy this one or the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder or what ever it's called, but since the LM one is 49 dollars here in Sweden and I could get the Coty Airspun off Ebay for less than 20 I thought I'd try that first.

I don't really know why there's 2 different packagings, I got one who's like a tree box where you pull the "lid" off and poor the powder into that, but I've seen there's a plastic kind of packaging to which I will try to purchase next time. I am not the biggest fan of this packaging, it was a thin plastic top on the powder you had to puncture to get the powder out, which is kinda messy. I sometimes forget that there's powder in the lid and I put it on, which results in powder everywhere.

The product itself I'm really satisfied with though. I use it for baking under my eyes, on my jaws and a bit on my nose. Then I apply it all over my face, and I think it looks great. Some days it can look kinda dry under the eyes, but that's when I've been wearing it for a longer time. I feel like it's starting to look a bit worse under my eyes after about 7 hours, but it doesn't look horrible or anything. I don't have a problem with being shiny, but I feel like this would mattify any oily face very well. One complain I have is the smell.... It smells really strong and like an old lady, I think I'll go for the fragrance free next time ;)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Best powder ever !!! Nothing else compares and it lasts forever

on 4/8/2016 6:21:00 PM

I LOVE THIS!!! Before this I used ELF HD loose powder which was ok, then bought Laura Mercier ($22 for a travel size) and then this for $6 at Kmart and actually prefer this to the LM one. I actually love the smell and the package doesn't bother me. I just keep the puff in there to control it from getting everywhere and then pour a little in the cap when I use. The translucent extra coverage has a slight beige color to it, which is fine with me because that's my foundation color and it doesn't seem to alter anything but I do put this on my foundation before I highlight and contour. I really feel like it gives me a nice matte airbrushed finish to my face and sets my makeup nicely. Love to apply with either damp BB or damp RT sponge. Will definitely repurchase and for $6 it's at least worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- oil control
- lots of product

CONS

- scent
- can be drying
- looks powdery

COMMENTS: I find this can be drying, so it's best used with a more hydrating base. I can't stand the scent, so it makes it harder to bake with because I just end up inhaling so much of it. I prefer my colorless Ben Nye and RCMA powders, as they look more natural and don't look like powder at all.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think every woman including my mother had this powder in the 80s. I remember seeing the large container everywhere. I'm surprised I never bought this until now. I never see it in stores because its not sold near the makeup! Why do they sell this in the nail department? I found it at Walmart near the Sally Hansen display. Don't blink because you will miss it. I guess Coty only sells this powder and that is it. There was a tiny display of four random powders on the ground level shelf. The price was only $6 for such a large container. I picked up the shade Translucent Extra Coverage. This is the BEST powder for my very oily skin. In fact, maybe too good! This powder is ultra matte coverage. I do not have oil show through ever when I wear this and no powder ever has given me full shine free coverage all day long. I can't get over the performance of this powder. My skin tends to get so oily that I usually use a powder foundation and top it off with a setting powder. All of my other setting powders leave me oily at about noon time and I need to reapply. When I apply Coty over my powder foundation, I stay shine free all day without needing to touch up. I tested this with a liquid foundation as well. Now with liquids, I get pretty shiny almost immediately, about two hours after initial application so I always need to carry a setting powder with me to blot during the day. I set my liquid foundation with Coty and I stayed matte for the entire night I was out (about 8 hours) without needing to blot! For the record, this is the very first time ever that I didn't need to blot throughout the night after setting a liquid foundation. This is winter so I'm hoping this powder will perform just as well during the summer. I would love for Coty to come out with a compact form to be able to carry on the go.

Overall: A+ Performance
Sensitivities: 0 (no rashes, breakouts or itchiness)
Cost: Affordable @ under six bucks
Texture & Finish: Very finely milled with a high end luxurious feel. Matte finish without the white cast.

on 1/8/2016 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't think I will EVER use another facial powder again! I've used many different brands (usually pressed powder, though) and never seem to get the right coverage and sometimes not at all the right shade (especially if it oxidizes.) A few weeks ago I learned about "baking" and this powder was recommended. With the great reviews on this site I decided it was worth a shot and I am SSOOO glad I bought it! I thought I'd have trouble finding it, but my Walmart carries it for $6. I transferred some of the powder out of the big container and put it in a smaller plastic one for easier use--I traveled on an airplane with it like that and it transported beautifully without any problems as a carry-on. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to apply it (see step #7 below for specifics on my use of this powder.) This does have a light scent (reminds me of a grandmother--baby powder-ish maybe?) but I like it--especially now that I associate it with looking good.

This is my new daily regime with the "baking" that I LOVE SO MUCH!!!
(1) Cleanse my face with Equate Cetaphil or Equate Noxema--they both work well enough...making sure to clean under my eyes with the cleanser on a Q-tip to get any mascara that didn't come off the night before and smeared while I was sleeping.

(2) Douse a gauze square with rubbing alcohol and run it on my face like a toner--it isn't too drying for me yet and is the only thing that keeps my forehead clear now that I'm off birth control pills. I poured my rubbing alcohol into a pump bottle for more convenience.

(3) After letting the alcohol dry (less than a minute...generally by the time I throw the gauze away) I GENTLY smear/pat Equate Aveeno on my face--it sinks in quickly and the patting keeps me from "exfoliating" when I don't want to (a new trick for me that I think helps a lot because I used to do a LOT of rubbing--lotion, foundation, cover-up--and I was exfoliating, making my face rough without realizing it, and then wondered why my face never looked smooth.)

(4) Wait until the lotion sinks in (a minute or two so I brush my teeth during this time) then gently smear/pat primer. I use either Hard Candy Sheer Envy Illuminating Primer or Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer which are about the same price and work equally well (the Hard Candy is more like a spreadable gel and the Rimmel more like a lotion.)

(5) Let the primer sit a minute or two while I choose my clothes for the day, then use a make-up wedge from the dollar tree to pat my Boots #7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Cool Ivory on my face (takes longer than with my fingers and uses more but gives much better coverage.)

(6) I streak some yellow stick concealer (like a lipstick but not sure what brand it is) under my eyes and almost to my hairline curving up and pat it in with the same make-up wedge.

(7) I use Real Techniques Expert Face brush with Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder by dipping the brush into the facial powder, tapping off just some of the excess, tapping the powder on my face so I can see that there's too much on there (making sure I cover my whole face like that) then leave it for 10 minutes while I actually put my clothes on (leaving it like that is called "baking"--a new discovery for me.) I also put on my mascara and any eye shadow if I use it that day while the powder is sitting…or do my hair, but not my bangs since they go over my forehead.

(8) After 10 minutes or so, I use this same brush to "flick" the excess powder off my face, use another brush to add my blush, spray my face with Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Setting Spray, then do my hair and hit the door.

It takes me longer to get ready now (about 20 minutes for my face, brushing teeth and getting dressed) but I actually HAVE make-up on my face to clean off at the end of the day now. In fact, I've had to start using Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get my make-up off at night because neither the Cetaphil nor Noxema was cutting it. So I put some EVOO in an empty honey container (the cute bear with the small hole in the top) and I pour some on my fingers, smear it around on my face, wipe my face with a wet wipe (which I keep in every bathroom for hygiene, cleaning sinks and toilets, and a ton of other uses), then smear my Cetaphil or Noxema and rinse that off--followed by my gauze of rubbing alcohol which I also use on my neck/chest/back of my neck. I finish up with some Aveeno lotion and climb into bed. My zits are MUCH less frequent with the rubbing alcohol (they WERE constant since getting of the pill) and they disappear so much faster now! In fact, they rarely come to a head at all anymore before retreating.

Here's a link to the "baking" that revolutionized my make-up routine. I kept searching for a primer or a foundation or a powder that would last all day, but apparently I just needed to change up my routine. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?! :)

This one helped me, too….

on 1/20/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I learnt about the Airspun powder on YouTube and it sounded like an awesome product unfortunately on my Pakistani complexion it didn't work. I tried it on over my Estée Lauder double wear foundation and I ended up looking like a yellow caked mess it was horrible. I didn't use a lot of powder but it went on yellow!!! I was so disappointed it was untrue. I bought the translucent extra coverage powder maybe I should of stuck to just translucent option. Suffice to say my tub of powder now sits unused on my dresser maybe I can pass it on to one of my fairere skinned friends because if your of Asian or black ethnicity I don't think it's designed for you. As a powder it works brilliantly and stays on all day it's just the shade that's the problem. Would recommend to all fair skinned ladies. Enjoy

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG powder baby!...Oh how I love thee...I really hope they continue to always have this product and never change it, it stays on all day helps with my extremely oily skin blurs pores, nice finish I have this in translucent and suntan, I absolutley love both, suntan is a gorgeous natural light tan, looks like skin, not orange like most powder. Just amazing, you get sooooo much product for a great price. Found mine at Kmart, I'm returning my Mac blot powder because why pay 30 when I can pay 7 for the same thing...can't live with out it. Smell yes is old ladyish but goes away, still worth every penny.

on 1/20/2016 6:24:00 PM

Very happy with this product! It stays ALL day. Make sure you don't use too much or it cakes and sticks to dry spots. VERY little and it works (: