Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy using this palette, it gives me tons of colors to play with can create nearly unlimited looks with this. The pigmentation of the shadows is great, and I don't notice much fallout(although it doesn't bother me anyway). Each shadow is about the size of a dime, which although small, is a reasonable size considering how many shadows there are. So overall I really enjoy this palette. And to all of those of you that are complaining about the shimmer in any way, this is the SHIMMER pallet, if you don't like shimmer, why'd you buy it?

This is a really awesome palette! so many colors and the pigmentation is really good! they dont crease and dont fade if you use a primer underneath. The colors are so vibrant and for the price this is so cheap! I dont think I would buy this again just because Im sure Ill never end up using every single color up in this!

You have practically every color under the rainbow with this palette! The colors glide on yours lids evenly and shimmery, there is no chunky glitter, and it blends very well. It is a bit powdery on the brush, so remember to tap the excess off! Each color pan is about the size of a dime, which doesn't seem like a lot, but with all the choice in this palette, you won't be running out of any color soon. The palette is a slim black case less than half an inch thick with a small mirror and comes with two sponge applicators.

Wow, what can I say?
PROS:
Tiny size which is great for travel.
Some colors are repeated (about a shade off from the the other) to assure that you don't run out of your fave!
Great selection of neutrals.
Can easily be changed into nighttime makeup.
Little mirror and 2 sponge-tip applicators to use for travel.
You can easily pack on color or lightly dust in on to make a bright color more subtle.
CONS:
Only fallout noticeable is glitter.
A little flimsy packaging..
Some colors are chalkier than others.
Most of the colors have too much shimmer, especially the highlights (which there isn't very much of).

Overall, I really recommend this product. It's great for starters and VERY affordable. I really had to search for cons which took FOREVER!
I use this everyday and come up with different looks. This is great for MUA's to easily find shades for your clients.
(You also get a free sample with your order! :D)

on 12/24/2011 10:27:00 AM

this is the same as the original 88 palate with shimmer added to the colours.

this is what you get :-

1. 8 rows of each colour going from light to dark.
2. very good pigmentation, easily bendable, hardly any fallout.
3. only a few colours that don't apply well or a little chalky.
4. decent amount of shimmer, never over the top!
5. 80% colour 15% dark and warm 5% highlighter and unique.

I like this palate alot, at first I got tricked by the name into thinking this would be glitter overload but it's really not, the shimmer is nice without being to chunky or inappropriate for daily use!

if you have the original matted one then get this as well, the shimmer in the colours gives them a different finish making it alot of fun to play with and try new looks when combined with the original.

personally I tend to use the matted one more and this one to blend in a little spice to the look in the end which makes it worth having.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was my very first palette ever! I was so excited to get it in the mail and it totally lived up to my expectations! It's a very very reasonable price for what you get: 88 well pigmented shades. They glide on smoothly and are not overly shimmery at all. There are only one or two shades in here that aren't as rich as the other ones. With this palette, you can create any look you want! One con is that two of the pans fell out of the palette because they weren't glued down as well as the others. But they only popped out because I dropped the palette. LOL. But I would definitely recommend this to everyone! This is a must have product!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 9/3/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I hardly leave any 5 or 4 star reviews but this is totally worth it.Pigmentation is great and it has a good staying power.There are 5-6 colours who turn out a bit chalky (some yellows and a blue electric) and not so great but overall I'm really satisfied with the value for money.I would actually give it 4.5 stars. Anyway I think it's pretty good for starters.....

Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because of the reviews on youtube. I was originally planning to get the 88 original palette but they were out of stock, so I settled for this Ultra Shimmer 88 palette instead.

PROS:
- price is great with that many colors in a palette
- I like the compact, very slim and easy to store
- lots of colors & very pigmented

CONS:
- too shimmery for everyday use
- I need an eye primer for this to last all day
- the e/s pan for each color is too small...about the size of a dime

Overall, I'm not a fan of shimmers (that's just me) so I only use this for party, going out late nights, and even halloween makeup. But for everyday use, I skip using this. I don't reach for this palette anymore that I have to give it away to a friend.

on 11/17/2011 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wow. These are some of the best pigments that I have thus experienced from powder eye shadows outside of the more expensive brands. Some of the shades are even better than the department store colors equivalent. For such rich pigmentation, these products are very easy to blend and layer over each other. My favorite pigments are the purples and the reddish tones. There is a huge variety in color choices! However, a lot of the very tiny pans pop out as you travel with the palette. I love the variety of combinations and looks that can be created from these lustrous colors! Definitely need to stock up on this product.