L'Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium Radiance Perfector Sheer Tint Moisturizer SPF 12

2.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Really, L'Oreal? REALLY? I can't take this product seriously at all. First of all, it's outrageously expensive for a drugstore product--almost 20 bucks! (Luckily I had a free rebate for this, but even then it's not worth it!) I got this is the "Light" shade and when I pumped it out, it looked really nice with a light brown/pinkish/oysterish shade...but then I went to apply it and it turned ORANGE. Like really, really 80s pumpkin orange. YUCK. And then there's the fragrance--it's a combination of Seabreeze astringent mixed with those old Imposter perfumes--not pleasant at all. Granted, I didn't expect something lovely and gorgeous such as the Shiseido scented facial products, but come on! It's just too strong and too perfumey. Lastly, the packaging looks elegant but it's a pump bottle and you not only can't squeeze the last bits of it out (not that I want to), but you also can't even unscrew the top to be able to scoop any left that may be clinging to the sides. I think that's just wasteful in my opinion. Plus, it's only SPF 12--I think any tinted moisturizer worth its salt should be at least SPF 15. So basically, between the horrid fragrance, the hideous orange color, the ridiculous packaging, and the laughable pricetag, this is definitely one to skip. If you are looking for a decent high-end tinted moisturizer, try Stila or if you are looking for a drugstore brand, try CoverGirl Smoothers. Both are excellent and are in a different league than this L'Oreal joke.

on 11/3/2008 7:54:00 PM

I'm still in my 20s, so I don't need too much of a "filler" product yet, but this is free with rebate this month at both RiteAid and Walgreens, so I couldn't resisting getting at least one bottle. I have to completely disagree with the reviewers below about the tint. I also bought Light, and there is mucho color involved! In fact, I have to thin it out with my Olay spf lotion because it's much too dark for me, even at the end of summer. (Yes, I'm that pale.) I don't notice too much of the highlighting effect, but I will certainly pay attention to that tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to wear this alone - I have to lighten it with mineral makeup or risk the orange face and white neck. I do notice that it has a lovely light scent, and it's extremely rare that I can deal with scents in facial products. Because of the color folly, I'm not going to repurchase this, and I also think having only an spf of 12 is pretty pathetic - I wear 28 or 30 on my face everyday. If there is a nightcream version of this, I'd totally go for it, but this isn't really what I need.

on 9/25/2008 9:02:00 AM

Don't look for much tint in this new tinted moisturizer by L'Oreal. It's more of a pearly glowy type product and it isn't a skin-shade, it has a hint of orange color to it when it is applied onto the skin. I used it under one of my foundations, and it did seem to liven up my complexion a bit, but it also changed the color of my foundation and made my face appear a bit darker than it really is. I tried just wearing the moisturizer on its own as a tinted moisturizer, but it didn't look ver pretty at all. The product itself is super-dewy and shiny. It stays a bit sticky on the skin, and the worst part is that it broke me out, and I never break out. I could not believe how badly this stuff clogged my pores, with big, visible dark dots. Really horrible! The bottle itself is a nice pump which works well to dispense just the amount you want, and it is opaque, but if you hold it up to a lightbulb, you can see how much remains. Even with my dry skin, this product did not help. The product never seemed to sink in or help the dryness, and it gave my skin that very weird orangey tint, it broke me out and gave me blackheads, so into the trash it goes.

on 11/2/2008 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just not the type of product it is marketed as. I thought I was purchasing a tinted moisturizer; after all, the packaging says tinted. However, it is simply a highlighting moisturizer. So, as a tinted moisturizer, it doesn't work. The tint is white and pearlized and doesn't tint the skin at all. That being said, I will now pretend it is a highlighter and try it again, and maybe I will like it; if so, I will edit. I purchased the "light" shade, and it is definitely white with no tint. My skin is NC25.

on 10/29/2008 7:31:00 PM

I am 54 years old and I love this product. It makes my skin glow and look much fresher. After I apply it, I use a very light dusting of mineral powder makeup and it's just perfect. My husband even noticed how dewy and healthy my skin looks. I've only used it for a week so I don't know if it will cause blackheads or breakouts as the first reviewer mentioned. I also noticed it doesn't get into the tiny lines around my eyes, it seems to fill them up. Most makeups, tinted moisturizers and concealers go right into the creases and looks creapy on me but this works beautifully.