L'Oreal Bare Naturale Pressed Powder

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Pressed Powder

3.7

on 2/10/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It dried out my skin and I have oily skin. It's ok as a setting powder but not as a foundation alone. I like the loose powder better.

I recently went to my local Walgreens to buy another bottle of my favorite Colorstay and saw this. I've realized I've got sensitive skin and it's got to be treated right. I heard that L'Oreal's Bare Naturale line is really good. The powder specifically said "gentle" so I instantly picked it up. I'm a NC30-NC25 and I got Creamy Natural. It's a little too light but it's not very noticeable. I have extremely acne-prone and sensitive skin and this hasnt irritated it whatsoever. The powder glides on and when I stipple it, the coverage is AMAZING. It isnt drying but it definitely isnt hydrating. It gives a matte finish. The packaging is very weird. The brush is attatched the lid in this "secret case". The brush isnt the best but when I stipple with it, i get GREAT coverage! On the bottom of the product, there is a HUGE mirror, very convenient.

Overall, great powder :)

on 9/14/2009 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was told by my facialist to get this product because she was very happy with the ingredients. I had the luck to get a couple of these at a BOGOF sale at Rite Aid. I have to say that it is extremely gentle to my skin. I use my RoC anti-wrinkle serum and then this, in Sun Beige shade. My skin looks flawless and feels fantastic the whole day. As all other minerals, you have to use very little of this and continue buffing. For those who think this is too chalky, the problem is not with the foundation, the problem is with the skin being too dry. Therefore, I suggest using a moisturizer underneath for sure. The shade Sun Beige is exactly for very golden undertones like myself. Other minerals that I have tried, including my beloved EM and Neutrogena did not have a shade as close as this to my skin. No re-application is required as when the day passes by, this looks dewy and super nice on my skin. I occassionally buff without adding product and it looks fantastic. Great job, L'Oreal!

on 2/16/2009 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been wanting to try this powder for a pretty long while, especially after reading the positive reviews for it. I was mainly looking for a pressed powder that i could use on its own to provide a bit of coverage, and this seemed like it would work well for this. I have this in Buff Beige, which is a pretty nice match for my skin tone. When i opened this up at home, I really loved the appearance of the powder, as the texture of it looks very smooth and almost creamy in the pan. I applied the powder with a large powder brush rather than the little brush that came with it, and it went on nicely. The powder offers a bit of coverage for me, and is pretty easy to apply. The only strange thing is that i noticed my skin feeling uncomfortable through out the day when i was wearing this. There was a mild itching sensation at times, and other times, it was just a general feeling of discomfort that i can't describe. I kind of felt like washing my face and removing the powder at some point. I also broke out a little bit - I had two new pimples appear on each of my cheeks. My cheeks are very acne prone in general, but this powder has made me a bit worried. I have stopped using it for a few days now, and i'm still undecided on what i will do with it.
Price: This was definitely very expensive for me. Where i am, this cost about $20.
Package: I find this packaging very nice and simple, although i think that it is very easy to open, so i think there would be a risk of it opening up on its own if i carried the powder with me.
I am giving this a rating of 3 because this seems like a nice quality product; i'm not sure why my skin has been feeling uncomfortable with it, though. I will update if anything changes.

on 2/6/2009 3:43:00 PM

my experience with this was so bad, im second guessing whether it was actually the same product that everyone else is reviewing!

in my opinion, this provided the same coverage and finish as a lot of other "mineral" powders--cakey and slightly shiny. it didnt mask my pores at all. i returned it the day after purchasing. def wont repurchase!

on 4/3/2009 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: Cute packaging. I like the color. Nice powder.
CONS: Don't like the brush (which means this isn't a portable item unless you stick a sponge in, or carry around a full size brush). Not very much coverage (which is okay if you use foundation underneath). The container doesn't stay shut very well, and came open in my m/u bag (shattered powder EVERYWHERE).
I really wanted to like this product! However, it's only an okay powder, and kind of a hassle to work with b/c of the brush and the container not shutting. I'll stick w/ a L'Oreal powder w/ better coverage, or my Physicians Formula loose powder. I will not be repurchasing this, nor would I recommend it to friends.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging sucks, as the lid tends to come unscrewed quite easily. The brush distributes the powder unevenly across your face, and the powder goes on chalky. I would not recommend this powder.

on 1/22/2009 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My HG pressed powder! I went from MAC's mineralize skinfinish natural to this since my HG foundation is the Bare Naturale Mineral Makeup (loose) which I absolutely love. Now that I've started using the same stuff in the pressed powder version, I am so happy with the results! This stuff is amazing. Awesome coverage and it adds the perfect finish. The colour is just so darn accurate too. I am NC35 in MAC and I use Natural Beige in both the Bare Naturale Mineral Makeup and the Bare Naturale Pressed Powder. I use my own Kabuki brush to apply this, not the brush that comes in the packaging. I like to buff my makeup in to give a flawless, blended finish.

on 12/25/2008 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Since I got this in a BOGOF sale, I got it for a decent price. Otherwise, it's expensive for a drugstore pressed powder. I use it to set my foundation, and I even use it alone on some days (depending on the coverage I need). Also, when I need to touch up liquid foundation, I tend to use this powder. I strongly dislike the brush it comes with, but I use my own kabuki brush to apply the powder. I will most likely purchase this powder again.

on 1/22/2009 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I really like this powder. The finish is very nice and it goes on very smoothly. I don't use it alone, but I use it over foundation and it leaves a very nice finish that does not look dry. I'm trying to get away from loose powders because they are so very messy and it gets on my clothes and sink and that is a pain to clean up. So this fits nicely since it's so neat and simple to put on. Great for your purse. I got this on BOGO so that was even better.