NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie #630

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I like the texture of this lipstick and the price but this color is too orang for my cool skin tone. Just not a good color for me at all. It would definitely be better on warmer skin tones.

on 4/1/2013 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this when looking for a nice nude for myself. I didn't like the smell - it's synthetic and bothers me. Same with the smell of all of the lipsticks in this line - and they taste what they smell. It's very creamy and pretty slippery - this can sound good, but for me it's definitely not - it leads to the lipstick sinking into my lines and crevices and look very uneven. I'm not a fan of the slippery feeling at all and I feel that because of the creaminess, I have no control over where this goes - I like my lipsticks to stay put.
My skin is light and has a yellow undertone - about NC15 in MAC. I thought something orange-toned may suit me, but nooo... the colour looks too light and too bright coral on me and makes me look like my lips have died. Orange-coloured darker colours suit my face, but not this! I think it may be because I have olive toned skin, and the lipstick just makes it look greenish in comparison. Someone with a neutral skin tone may like this.
I have no clue about the lasting power as I would never manage to actually wear this because of the look, the feel and the smell/taste. If you absolutely want to wear this, you may want to test out earth angel - it's shimmery (requires matte skin) and more sheer, but more wearable IMO.

on 3/10/2013 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

asian, lighter than nc15
I do not know why this lipstick shade is not more popular! I immediately compared it to MAC's shy girl. I love the consistency of pumpkin pie WAY better. It is SO smooth and pigmented! MAC's shy girl is a creme sheen, and even if your lips are not that chapped, it shows your lines very easily. This nyx one however, is so silky and light, yet with amazing color payoff. MAC's shy girl is more of a muted peach, while nyx pumpkin pie is not bright, but slightly more fresh. They are very similar, but are by no means dupes. Personally I think pumpkin pie is more wearable!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm not liking this shade because it's too unnatural. It is a orange based nude and looks wrong on me. Also, not sure if I got a bad tube but this one smelled rancid and the texture is slimey. I own a lot of NYX round l/s and they don't have this texture and smell.

So i ordered this off a website where i got it for three bucks, i guess the price is okay.
But i cant stand the taste of this? hallelujah? its kind of perfume-y and the colour doesnt suit me so well even if im an NW20 and i read here that people with this skin colour or darker like this a lot... maybe i will become friends with it in summer when i usually become a little darker so the colour might pop more ;) but now my face just look so messy with this on, im kind of disappointed. what ever for the price i will make use of it somehow, somewhen.
but i quite like the texture of it ... at least.

on 3/16/2013 8:02:00 PM

The color is perfect and the texture is very smooth, it's also very moisturising, almost like a lip balm, and lasts a reasonable amount of time. This is a perfect nude color on some one has a fair skin tone like me, it looks very natural (some nude color just makes you look sick).

I give it 3 lipsticks because of the low quality of packaging, although the lipstick is cheap, the light-weight plastic makes it look cheaper.

Like some other reviewers, I saw this in swatches and liked the nude look of this lipstick on others, so I tried it out. Luckily, it's inexpensive and easy to return to Ulta. I generally love NYX's round lipsticks due to price, payoff, color selection, moisturizing properties and good little casing with the color reservoir on the bottom showing the color inside the tube.

Pumpkin Pie is a lot less opaque than the other colors, leaving a small amount of slightly orange-toned beige on your lips. As someone who can't wear straight orange, I was a little worried it would be too much for me. It doesn't do much for my lips, personally, just gives the allusion of a beige lip gloss. I have those already.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I initially bought this from Cherry Culture since I thought it was a nude. It turned to be an orange shade that was slightly lighter than my natural lip colour. I didn't like the shade and therefore I will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this shade. This, along with MAC's Marquise D', is my go-to nude. It is a peachy-nude that goes well with the warmth in my skin. I like the smooth texture and the coverage is medium opaque. For reference, I am MAC Studio Fix C8, Pur Minerals 4 in 1 is the shade Deep.

on 7/27/2012 7:00:00 AM

I bought this initially on a whim off the internet when I was looking for a cheap lipstick. That having been said, this is one of my favourites now that I use on a daily basis.

PRICE - I got this off the internet for 28HKD, which is cheap even when compared to drugstore makeup

PACKAGING - comes in a small, convenient black plastic form

COLOUR - PERFECT. Don't you hate it when your lips get too red? I do, and so this is a great natural pink on me. I've seen that a lot of people define it as a nude colour, but on me it's quite warm, and not orangey at all unlike what the name suggests.

MOISTURISING - this on a scale of 1 to 5 would be 0. If you have have dry lips with cracks forget about this. All Nyx Round Lipsticks have great colour but they tend to sink in around cracks (unless you apply on top of lipbalm). Also, although I find this to be creamy enough upon application, it does not moisturise in any way at all.

STAYING POWER - okay this really cuts points for me. It's expected that lipstick doesn't stay after meals, but this really doesn't stay for that long even without drinking or eating. I'd recommend using this on top of lipbalm and maybe clear gloss to seal it, which ends up working a whole lot better. However I would still buy this again just for the price and colour.