MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

MAC Mineralize Foundation / Loose - Light Medium

3.9

Mica, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Tritcum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Methicone, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphensin [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77162), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)

I had heard great things about MAC and once my mineral foundation ran out I went straight to the MAC store. I tried on this shade and it looked fine when the lady at the store applied it on me with a nice brush. But once I got home I found the sponge to apply very unevenly and cakey. So I had to use a separate brush, which was annoying to carry around. Mineral powder is meant to be good for your skin, but it made me breakout really badly. I took it around with me in my bag, and the MAC logo on the container scratched off entirely, and so did some paint(?), which made it look cheap.

I was so excited to buy this product after using ID mineral foundation for years. I wanted this product to keep at the office so that I didn't need to bring my other foundation in each day. I did trial it in the shop but the assistant used a full coverage concealer type product underneath (which I didn't buy - I was told it wasn't needed - but which clearly made the foundation look good).
It has a very poor coverage and makes my skin look dull and lifeless. I can also "feel" it on my skin which I hate. While the applicator (as part of the lid) is a good idea, it doesn't work in practice. It's way to stiff to blend the product well. I know the colour is right for my skin but it just looks awful compared to other products I've used. For the price, I thought it was a poor buy.
I'm throwing away this product after only a couple of uses . . .

on 8/17/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this product! I'd always been dubious of mineral powder foundation because I've always thought they were all very drying. I came across this when I was on holiday in Sydney and the SA assured me that it wasn't at all drying and that it was made for drier skin types so I got a pot (what is it about holidays that make you throw caution in the wind?). I got it in deeper dark and I must say that this is the best foundation I have ever used, I'm so glad I got it! It gives great coverage with only a sheer cover of the powder! I only need a tiny amount for a natural flawless finish and I don't need to reapply all day. The only slight downside is that it makes my face a bit oily later in the day (the SA was right, it is quite moisturising!) I never reapply because I don't like looking too made up and cakey so I use blotting tissues to combat my shiny nose! A definite repurchase, HG even!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The foundation was quite nice, but I thought I got the wrong color ( light-medium) and it made me soooooo orange! Give it to my cousin who is a little bit darker than me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this product!! Gives natural coverage and makes my skin look so much better The packaging is a bit rubbish but I would definitely buy this again.

Colour was waaaay too orange for my NW15 skin (but that was completely my fault for picking the wrong shade) and the packaging wasn't too desirable. However if its definitely your shade (check in natural light first!) then it should be nice as the texture gave an airbrushed effect.
Didn't work for me.

I did not have much expectations for this product, however I find that when i use it with a kabuki brush it gives great results, the sponge applicator that comes with it does not work that well for me as the coverage is too heavy for my liking.
The finish is fab' i normally wear sunscreen everyday and put powder on top, my previous experiences with other powders did not give me a smooth finish as i hope. this powder does well in that department. It also helps control the oil on my t-zone which i love.
Can't say i love the packaging and the price but it is still something I will re-buy

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

At first, I had my reservations to try this product out since I really love my MSFN in Light Medium and Medium Plus (summer shade) but I'm glad that I did give it a try... since... now I have a back up for it and it's one of my staples!

What it's said to do (from MAC website):
A lightweight loose powder mineral foundation that provides the skin with a smooth, radiant, natural finish. Brushes on the skin for medium-buildable coverage. Special mineral complex helps keep skin healthy and nourished while the blend of moisturizers and conditioners in the formula help create a smooth, flawless application. Provides everyday SPF 15 sun protection.

My personal experience:
Please note that I have been using this with my MAC 187 (skunky/duo fibre) or MAC 182 (kabuki/buffer brush) and I've gotten smooth, natural results this way. I do enjoy the packaging, since it prevents any of the loose powder to get everywhere when I'm travelling or even when at home being tossed around in my bathroom/makeup bag.

The colour matching for me was perfect, though I was originally matched to Medium, I felt it was too pink and went to another store to get matched and loved the look of light medium on my skin much better.

I do use Prep and Prime SPF 50 prior to application and lightly spray Fix+ Spray after application. I find that this allows me to get medium foundation coverage, but still with a natural finish on the skin--not piled on or cakey.

The only cons I have with this product are the following:
a) it can be sometimes hard to tap the product out of the sifter.... causing it to get everywhere and wasting the product;
b) the price, I feel like I am getting great results for what I'm paying for, but at the same time I get great results with the MSFN with money saved.

All in all, a great product, I have a back up of it for whenever the one I'm currently using will run out. Will definitely repurchase, most especially if MAC decides to lower the price ;o)

on 7/7/2009 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my favorite powder foundation so far. I love the natural looking coverage without the powdery finish that can come with some mineral makeups. The only problem i have is with the packaging. I prefer to apply it with a brush and this container makes it very hard. I do agree with a review below who said it is great for travel. This lid does fit really tightly unlike some other products (::cough:: bare minerals). One of my biggest pet peeves is having anything spill in my makeup bag. Anyway, it's a great product with crappy packaging. My answer is I just transfered it to a regular sifter container. Problem solved.

on 4/11/2009 8:28:00 AM

after heart broken with MAC MSF compact one I still want to try this first I'm disappoint again....again a chalky cakey powder....oh no...but!! Second try with my new posh face powder brushes! It's work my face look smooth inner glow a bit valvet and a little matte. I like this it's will my foundation that I were from now on my happy easy day or shopping day!

It' look natural but I want something that look more super natural well next target is Lunasol micro finish loose powder in transulcent I will try and compare with MAC and I will make a decision to end up my journey finding my HG loose powder