MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

For the price and hype I was unimpressed with this product. Messy and my skin felt a bit itchy. Also made my face feel very dry :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I an always on a look-out for matifying powders. Long-term :) this one is not the case. It does matify my skin for a little while and it is very finely milled but i love it the most to set up my undereye concealer. It's great at that. And it goes a long way. Will definitely re-purchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This powder is all right, I say that because I think the stage brands offer better versions of this. If you apply to much it can cakeup under the eyes or around your dry patches and for us olive to darker skinned women there can be flash back in photos I used this mostly in My T-zone after I have applied a powder that has some pigment to it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up the other day at Sephora as a replacement for my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (I will no longer shop at MAC due to animal cruelty after being informed by my vegan husband). It seemed very silky and the SA had told me about how flawless my foundation (MUFE Ultra HD) would look. I happily took it home and began to try it out. First things first, 42$ CAD is a lot for just silica powder. It's a really big container, however, I'm sure I could find something just as good or better for cheaper. It made my face look pretty nice and matte, and did prolong the wear of my foundation, however, the flashback is crazy! You definitely cannot bake with this. It's not horrible, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Bought a small version of it. I used this for baking and setting... Not my favourite. Sorry! Athough it rlly gives my face a flawless matte finish, when i take photos with flash or when natural light hits my face, i look like a ghost. :( maybe i applied incorrectly but i wont be buying the big pot. It did its job but not photo friendly.

This product is 100% Silica powder therefore Talc-free.
I read the previous review stating that silica is super dangerous but it quotes a site for Health & Safety in construction which I didn't think could be the same material used in cosmetics so I searched for more information and found this to be pretty informative.

All these dangerous chemicals on our faces is stressful, obviously I'd prefer to go make-up free everyday but my skin is blemished with Rosacea, broken veins, open pores, uneven skin-tone, oiliness etc. etc. from even before I used make-up or cosmetics.

Anyway this powder is pretty good I think, maybe it is causing a few spots I can't be sure as I'm also using a new sunscreen - BioDerm Matte 30SPF.
I found this powder gives my makeup a more natural finish than any other powder I've tried.
If you're interested in trying it, get the small pot from Sephora and apply with a soft brush or, if you need extra smoothing, pore-filling results, pat on with a powder puff or pad.

I also mixed it with my BareMinerals powder ( BM in Original which has a lot of sheen to it so it balances out )

Powdered silica is highly hazardous. It is respirable and can cause lung cancer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had I know this came in a smaller size, I would have opted for that. I bought the full sized one 3-4 years ago and it's still nearly full! So while the price is steep, you get quite a bit of product. You should know, a little bit goes a long way with this powder! I don't use this all willy nilly like any other old setting powder because that'll definitely cause a white cast. In fact, I use a separate setting powder and use this as more of a finishing powder. It definitely has a blurring effect and gives that soft focused look. If I do get a little heavy handed though, nothing a little setting spray doesn't fix!

I purchased this because I wanted to give another setting powder a try. I also received a mini jar sample of this from Sephora. I put this on after foundation and took a flash photo and what do you know it makes me look like an ashy ghost. It feels super drying as well. I have yellow/neutral tones about an NC25 for reference, definitely not going to recommend this to my darker skintoned babes. Immediately returned the unopened box back to the store. I'm swearing off any setting powders with silica.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this years ago and used it as a setting powder until I got annoyed with trying to get the powder out and onto my brush. I decided to start using it again on a whim a few weeks ago and started to use it to bake my concealer under my eyes and other areas in my t-zone that get shiny. I loved it. My undereye area felt silky and my pores almost disappeared on my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead. Then I took a picture with a flash and saw the flashback. It looked horrible. I wish that it didn't do that. I don't get my picture taken every day, but I also don't want to try to find something else that works as well, but doesn't have a flashback.