Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Loose Powder Microfinishing Powder

3.7

100 silica

Powdered silica is highly hazardous. It is respirable and can cause lung cancer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had I know this came in a smaller size, I would have opted for that. I bought the full sized one 3-4 years ago and it's still nearly full! So while the price is steep, you get quite a bit of product. You should know, a little bit goes a long way with this powder! I don't use this all willy nilly like any other old setting powder because that'll definitely cause a white cast. In fact, I use a separate setting powder and use this as more of a finishing powder. It definitely has a blurring effect and gives that soft focused look. If I do get a little heavy handed though, nothing a little setting spray doesn't fix!

I purchased this because I wanted to give another setting powder a try. I also received a mini jar sample of this from Sephora. I put this on after foundation and took a flash photo and what do you know it makes me look like an ashy ghost. It feels super drying as well. I have yellow/neutral tones about an NC25 for reference, definitely not going to recommend this to my darker skintoned babes. Immediately returned the unopened box back to the store. I'm swearing off any setting powders with silica.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I purchased this years ago and used it as a setting powder until I got annoyed with trying to get the powder out and onto my brush. I decided to start using it again on a whim a few weeks ago and started to use it to bake my concealer under my eyes and other areas in my t-zone that get shiny. I loved it. My undereye area felt silky and my pores almost disappeared on my cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead. Then I took a picture with a flash and saw the flashback. It looked horrible. I wish that it didn't do that. I don't get my picture taken every day, but I also don't want to try to find something else that works as well, but doesn't have a flashback.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can not for the life of me understand the hype behind this product.

I do own this powder, meaning I purchased it and chose against returning it. However it's nothing special in my opinion. There are actually drugstore dupes that surpass it's quality. I'm not crazy about the ELF knock off, but WnW has a pretty good pressed version.

Pros:
-Adds a polished setting to foundation
-Doesn't cake into fine lines under my eyes
-Mattifies skin
-A little bit goes a long way

Cons:
-If you apply too much, you're going to get the dreaded whitecast look.
-Offers no additional coverage to foundation
-Mattifies skin...but does not keep *my* oil at bay all day
-Expensive. I don't mind the price whatsoever, however for the quality I should be paying $15 at most. This is nothing special. The main ingredients are dirt cheap.

It's not a bad product by any means. I just wouldn't repurchase due to no 'wow' factor.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this back when I was in college and at the time it made my face look incredibly flawless. I also used it during my makeup tests/demos at cosmetics school and it never failed to always make the girls skin look flawless. This was always my golden ticket to getting a good mark, and everyone would always ask me how I managed to make skin look so good.

I'm now 27 and recently repurchased this product remembering how wonderful it was back then. To my surprise my face actually looked worse wearing it. I used this as a setting powder after my liquid foundation and when I looked in the mirror I noticed my face instantly looked oily and almost had a slight sheen to it. I also looked ghostly and could see this powder on my face. Sadly as I went on throughout the day, within a few hours I felt my skin feel more oilier than usual and almost heavy like. I even tried wearing the powder alone on days where I did not want to wear foundation and wanted a more natural look, and again my face looked oily instantly and it felt oily as well.

Im not sure if they changed the formulation since I bought it many years ago but sadly I cannot wear this. I'm really not sure what happened or what changed so much. :'(

This was one of the first powders I used. It did an okay job but I got oily after a few hours (I get really oily). The reason why I didn't like this product was, even when I didn't put a lot on, it would leave white areas on my nose and in photos it showed up.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my 2nd time purchase! It's my holy grail,make up staple!however,it does not look good on flash camera,u'll get white cast with flash.my face used to melt all the foundation after a long day, no matter I put on a primer or not,liquid foundation or powder foundation.This microfinish powder ensures all my make up to stay put,especially my eye lids. My job is demanding & long hours,I can't always touch up my make up at work.This product is a savior :) a bit pricey but worth the money.I don't like its packaging.it cracked easily,I bought the pressed microfinish powder,more convenient to bring it out.but bear in mind u must handle with care

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the small sample size from sephora. I don't mind it is probably the best thing I can say about this setting powder. It does a great job for under eye setting but if I use it anywhere else, it breaks me out. I find the packaging difficult to work with, I always end up dispensing more than I need. Those things combined adds up to not repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

*NOT entirely cruelty free*

My friend gifted this product to me. At first it seemed like a godsend, but now that I am more knowledgeable when it comes to makeup, I have realized that this product isn't all that it has cracked up to be. It is not long-wearing. It lasts approximately 4-6 hours before turning shiny with oil.