Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick

Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick
Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior Addict High Shine Lipstick 680 Catwalk MauveDior High Shine Rose Show #454Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick # 352 Champagne Bl

4.2

on 6/20/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am reviewing the shade Champagne Blush (one of the newest shades). I initially wanted to buy the other shade, Pink ? (I forgot the name), but then decided to go for this one, as summer is comming and I'm planning to get a tan. I was disappointed initially, because I felt like it didn't really show on my lips. However upon a closer look, I fell in love. Yes, it is very pale on me. But, it effect is gorgeous, and it will go extremely well with my future tan :) It is a very pale pink/coral with gold microscopic shimmer, that makes my (thinnish) lips look plumper and luscious. Not to mention the fact that it's very moisturizing (it feels just as moisturizing as Dior's new balm, that I also bought and reviewed separately). No noticeable scent.
I like the packaging, I actually like everything about it. The only thing I wish it had is a little more pigment, but that's ok. I might also buy the other shade.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. It's VERY moisturizing, and it can triple as a lip balm, lip gloss, and lipstick. The color is very pigmented and it creates a shiny and shimmery look. If you are someone that likes the look of lip gloss, but doesn't want to go through the stickiness and heaviness of a gloss, this is for you. When you put it on it feels very light (unlike a lot of lip glosses) and won't smudge or swipe easily on things like other lip glosses do. The packaging is gorgeous and very classy. It is definitely on the pricier side but it's definitely worth a try. I have it in Catwalk Muave and it's a pinkish plum color that creates a very sweet look.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this colour and product is amazing i wanted something that looked kinda like lipgloss for the windy season so my long hair didnt fly inot my lipgloss and stick and have then have stuck together hair. the girl at sephora told me this was probally my best bet that was 3 years ago i LOVE IT it makes your lips look biger too may be the shimmery effect it has

on 3/31/2009 1:36:00 PM

I have # 664 Rose Talent, a bright magenta pink with gold and green sparkles. It is my go to lipstick. It is so moisturizing, I never have flaking lips with this lipstick. This is one of the darker colors but on my fair skin, it is perfect. Iím NC20/NC25. I reach for this without thinking most the time. It is a bit expensive, but it is soooo worth it! It also has a very cute packaging.

on 2/18/2009 1:47:00 AM

I got the 454.

Love this colour. I love the multi-colour casing lolz. I use this over a lip balm or TLC. But if I wear it alone, it gives an..'alright' amount of moisture. Not the best, but decent enough that I can not complain about.

Reference: NC25 in Studio Sculpt :)

on 2/15/2009 5:58:00 AM

I am utterly devastated that the ultra shines have been discontinued and replaced with these high shines. These are vastly inferior, far less shiny and feel like thick wax on the lips without any of the gloss the ultra shines had. I am so mad I didn't realise they were replacing them until too late now I have run out and I am scouring the internet for the old formula. Boo hoo to Dior.

on 2/14/2009 9:28:00 PM

Someone recently asked me what my favourite lipstick/gloss was and I couldn't answer...Well I can now!! I bought this in Fig and it's fantastic! I'll definitely be buying more colours.

I have this in Nude Silhouette and it's the perfect pinky beige nude. My skin tone ranges from NC25-40 and this looks great no matter what. I thought it would wash the tanner version of my out but it's just as flattering as when I'm paler. It's slightly cool and even though I prefer a bit of warm peach in my lip colors, it still works for me. Unlike most lipsticks and lipstick glosses, this does not dry my lips out, in fact it's quite moisturizing. MAC, NARS, and Revlon really dry my lips out for some reason. My only complaint is that the color doesn't wear that long and reapplication is necessary throughout the day. But the packaging is very chic and I don't mind pulling it out when needed.

on 11/26/2008 10:49:00 PM

i have the high shine in 222, casual beige. it's almost the same color as the ultra shine line, shiniest beige. i didn't realize that until after i got home and compared them. i like the texture of the high shine better, but i like the color of the shiniest beige. i really hope that they are not discontinuing the ultra shine line and replacing them with high shines. i really really love shiniest beige when compared. to casual beige.

the main reason why i prefer the ultra shine, shiniest beige over the high shine, casual beige is because i feel like causual beige turns slightly orange as it dries. i'm not sure if it's the lighting of the school bathrooms or what. i dont check my face often once i'm out of the door. so, this could just be me.

on 12/31/2008 11:40:00 AM

I went to Sephora looking for a pink lipstick. I came out with 2 colours- #664 Pink Protege and #754 Flamenco Red. The best part about this lipstick for me is how great the colours are. Pink Protege has some tiny silver glitter on it and looks very neutral on me. I love wearing it with a smoky eye. Flamenco Red is a fabulous shade of red for work because it is sheer so it is office appropriate. Also, it picks up any pink in my cheeks making me look flushed and sweet. FYI I have dark hair and dark eyes with medium-light skin tone. Other than the colour I was not impressed with these lipsticks because the texture/shine/packaging was average compared to others in this price point. They are ok but I would not buy again, I would rather try something new =0)