La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first La Prairie Item ever. The cellular treatment loose powder is a standard loose powder that claims to have anti-aging and skin perfecting properties as well....That is certainly true!
THE PRICE: This one is $75 dollars. But i would say it still dirt cheap..Why? because you will be getting a travel pot of 10g and a large pot of 56g. All in all you will get 66g of high quality loose powder! Chanel, Sisley, and La Mer offers powder for less than $75 dollars but contains only 30g of product or even less!
OPENING THE BOX: It comes with a very large, high quality box that is so elegant. The Box houses a small pot containing 10g of loose powder designed for travel purposes (this sold me out), a small leaflet about the product in different languages. And of course a LARGE, i mean GIGANTIC POT of product that contains 59g of powder.
THE POTS: The travel pot of 10g loose powder is brilliant. It fits perfectly on purses and has a small mirror inside it. The Big pot itself is a plain though elegant jar that is GIGANTIC in size.
THE APPLICATOR: The applicator is of less quality but still is usable enough to deliver good results. It is rather soft, velvety and applies the powder well. La prairie SA told me that is is washable, but i haven't tried to wash it.
THE SHADE: I am NC37 - 40 and i got the powder in translucent 1. Actually, if you are somewhere from NC5 to NC20 you should get 1, if you are somewhere between NC20 to NC45, you are lucky, because any of the two shades this product offers will fit you well! If you are or higher than NC 45 get the Translucent 2. I think Trans. 1 and Trans 2, don't differ much on the darkness or lightness of the powder, i think the main difference is on the undertone.
THE POWDER: If i will use a single word to describe the powder, i would use the word MAGNIFICENT! The powder if swatched in the back of your hands will reveal a slightly ashy powder with lots of glitters on it. BUT!, if it is applied on the face with the applicator and is blended with a brush, it will reveal an extreme skin like finish that is unprecedented! I have tried loose powders from Chanel, Cle de Peau, Sisley and La Mer, but this one is the best among them all! The texture is not powdery at all! It is very silky and skin like. I applied it over my foundation and the result is an extremely flawless appearance. I also tried is on its own after my skin routine and it is wonderful! It offers a sheer, elegant and skin perfected appearance. Regarding it's anti-properties, it's ingredient "glycoproteins" is listed on the top of the powder, meaning there is enough of it for it's results to be deliver, which is a big PLUS!

All in all, This product is one of the best, if not, the BEST loose powder on the market! So, if you are searching for an HG powder this one from la prairie is a must! :D

on 11/29/2009 10:57:00 AM

Best loose powder I've used (and I've tried a lot!!!)
Oil control: I have acne prone and very oily skin. I used this powder last summer in Asia (very hot and humid), it's not the control oil type, but when skin gets oily, I don't look dirty.

(+)
Finely milled, goes on smoothly
Does give a decent amount of coverage (it's a powder not foundation anyway), I would say same coverage as Guerlain but looks better), and much more coverage and Givenchy.
Works out cheap as well. You get 56g/10g for the big and small jars.

(-)
limited shades (I use #1 for my fair Asian skin)

on 3/5/2009 2:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is one of my fav loose powders alongside la mer's!! Its beautiful and very finely milled. Also, it has abit of shimmer in it although not as shimmery as la mer's. It has enough shimmer to give you a semi matte look. I have it in Translucent 1 and for the price you pay you get alot of product. It also has skincare properties to nourish the skin. Love it!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When SA lady ofered me to check La prairie loose powder, my reaction was - nooooo, tehy're too expensive for my pocket. But then she told me that it's 56 grams and just a bit pricey than 20-25gr Dior/Shiseido/Lancome loose powders. So the price was ok.
I have this in Transluscent 1. It's soft on the face, the texture is smooth, looks natural. The coverage is average (if at all, but I don't need it and I prefer my face to look natural and matte) Not good in controling oil. So I won't buy it again.

on 9/26/2008 5:17:00 AM

I have this in Transluscent 1. Soft on the face and the texture is smooth. Quite cheap too- the container is full packed with 56grams (so unlike the deceiving container of La Mer which is btw > double the price of LP but it's okay). I have to apply this lighthandedly as it looks a little fairer for my complexion. #2 is quite dark for me 'though. The SA was wearing #1 and I could see a few shimmer at close proximity, not over the top 'though just eye-dazzlers. Overall, very nice powder that gives me luminous complexion without a hole in my pocket. I am a happy camper. I wear this at home everyday. I'm reserving the last lippy for the shade. I might try to mix this with #2.

Edit: This is clogging my pores. When I run out, my acne went away. The moment I replenish they are back again. One lippy for this.

Ref: I own the new version (in Translucent 1) where they give you 56g/2oz of the full size product PLUS the travel compact which holds 10g/0.35oz and a mirror inside.
The product is very good but not amazing if you think it'll give you a miraculous change; and also I have a few dissatisfactions about it but other factors make up for them.

I'll start off by saying that the product itself meets my expectation. It does not do wonders for your face like many other La Prairie products, but then again, it IS just a powder, so we shouldn't expect too much from it anyway.
Here are its good points:
- The texture is wonderfully SOFT and almost CREAMY! I compared it to my other loose powder Chanel's Poudre Universelle and there's a big difference when I smooch a lil bit of each in between my fingers. Chanel's (and other loose powders alike) feels much more powdery whereas La Prairie's is velvety and creamy smooth. I'm not sure how they do it but I prefer La Prairie's.
- Application: whereas other loose powders can often show dry lines on your face, La Prairie's does not. I think it has to do with the creamy-factor and it applies very smoothly. When you touch your face, again it feels so soft and smooth, not powdery like what other products will give you!
- It has pink undertones and will make you look slightly pale, but I don't mind since I prefer the pale Asian look rather than the tanned look. You also get a slight slight shimmer. Don't be afraid, it's still 10X LESS shimmery than my Chanel or any other loose powder I've tried. I'm just saying this cuz although it's barely noticeable, you can still see it if you look closely.
- As written above, you get a LOT of product - almost 70g and I paid 92$CAD+tax for it. That comes to about 35g for 50$ which is actually cheaper than my Chanel loose powder (about 60$ for 30g!). Plus the cute lil travel size compact makes the deal all the more attractive!
- Refillable: there's a hook inside the plastic sifter which allows you to open it halfway to dump the refill in. I'm not sure how much the refill is, but this is a good option imo.
- Packaging: A part of my dissatisfaction lies here (see below), but I do like the lil extras that La Prairie throws in. Once you open the silver coated plastic lid, you will find a little pin tucked neatly inside. I have NO IDEA what it's used for (I will ask lol) but I looks awesome lol. Then you'll find an extra white plastic "separator" that holds your silky La Prairie puff and separates the powder compartment from it (I actually don't use this "separator", but I like it when companies go the extra mile with details!).

What I DO NOT LIKE:
- The packaging has its good points and bad... I do not like the puff. It does not apply the powder well (makes the powder lumpy) and does not grab onto the powder either when you try to pick it up. The other side of the puff is made with a silky type of polyester material onto which La Prairie is printed in a rather cheap way imo. Now get this, when I used it the first time, the inside part of the polyester fabric DETACHED from the rest of the puff or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place! The inside is apparently filled with a very cheap looking polyester sponge-like material. Anyway, I plan on using my Chanel powder puff.
- It is made in USA. There's nothing wrong with the US, but I'm disappointed in that the company cannot stay true to its roots. I buy from them expecting to have products made in SWITZERLAND!!! (I'm like this with my bags too, if I buy from a French company,I don't think there should be out-sourced factories.)
- Discrepancy on the box: On the box it says that once opened, the product can last 12 months, but on the label of the container, it says 24 months. Okie...

Ingredients:
May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines.
*La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

I have been using this powder for 4 years and as you know this powder has lots of amount 56g I guess? I bought it at a Korean duty free store and it was still expensive for me as a student but compared to other high end powders, it is resonable. The best thing is that the powder has no talc. But due to the talc free base, it doesn't control the oil on my face. Plus the puff (applicator?) is ridiculous. It's too thin and small.
But it is not a big deal since I use a high quality Japanese puff.
It last over three years I guess even though I have oily skin so I put more powder than others. And I wear makeup almost everyday.
Great Product!

on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM

Great powder!The texture is simply amazing: the products glides perfectly on the skin leaving a velvety finish without the "chalk effect" that so many powders do.I don't have to re-apply it every few hours because it lasts for almost the whole day.Another bonus is the fixing power : if you put a little amount on the eyelid before applying the eye colour, this will last a lot longer, more than using other bases.
Minus points : few shimmers ( I don't like them); just 2 shades.
Because I am very fair, I have to mix the powder with a little bit of Guerlain Divinora Translucent Powder Nr1 in order to match my skin colour perfectly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just buy this and I must say that I am IMPRESSED. I donít normally using loose powders BUT this one absolutely leaving your face looking fantastic!!! After applying my foundation I apply this powder and my face completely changes, my skin looks much smoother EXTREMLY softer, mate and radiant. I buy it in N 2 (very light neutral beige) because N1 was too pink.
Also I find much easy to apply with big brush than with the sponge which come with it.
I pay for it 40 euros but if you think this jar will last you forever Öis soooo much inside and you need tiny amount each time

on 12/2/2005 10:29:00 AM

Beautiful huge jar , perfect coverage , did not disturb my acne-prone skin , feels like silk ahd small shiny particles make face glowing . It does not control the oil , so u will need to blott ur skin in couple of hours . For me there is no need of using foundation under it , they may look a bit heavy togever . So far it is the best loose powder i ever used .