La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

La Prairie Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder
Cellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing PowderCellular Treatment Loose Powder Finishing Powder

4.6

Ingredients: talc, mica, capric triglyceride, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, soyabean oil, fragrance, benzyl alcohol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, amyl cinnamal, hexyl cinnamal, treemoss extract, geranoil, benzyl benzoate, butylphenyl methylpropional, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines. *La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 9/26/2008 5:17:00 AM

I have this in Transluscent 1. Soft on the face and the texture is smooth. Quite cheap too- the container is full packed with 56grams (so unlike the deceiving container of La Mer which is btw > double the price of LP but it's okay). I have to apply this lighthandedly as it looks a little fairer for my complexion. #2 is quite dark for me 'though. The SA was wearing #1 and I could see a few shimmer at close proximity, not over the top 'though just eye-dazzlers. Overall, very nice powder that gives me luminous complexion without a hole in my pocket. I am a happy camper. I wear this at home everyday. I'm reserving the last lippy for the shade. I might try to mix this with #2.

Edit: This is clogging my pores. When I run out, my acne went away. The moment I replenish they are back again. One lippy for this.

Ref: I own the new version (in Translucent 1) where they give you 56g/2oz of the full size product PLUS the travel compact which holds 10g/0.35oz and a mirror inside.
The product is very good but not amazing if you think it'll give you a miraculous change; and also I have a few dissatisfactions about it but other factors make up for them.

I'll start off by saying that the product itself meets my expectation. It does not do wonders for your face like many other La Prairie products, but then again, it IS just a powder, so we shouldn't expect too much from it anyway.
Here are its good points:
- The texture is wonderfully SOFT and almost CREAMY! I compared it to my other loose powder Chanel's Poudre Universelle and there's a big difference when I smooch a lil bit of each in between my fingers. Chanel's (and other loose powders alike) feels much more powdery whereas La Prairie's is velvety and creamy smooth. I'm not sure how they do it but I prefer La Prairie's.
- Application: whereas other loose powders can often show dry lines on your face, La Prairie's does not. I think it has to do with the creamy-factor and it applies very smoothly. When you touch your face, again it feels so soft and smooth, not powdery like what other products will give you!
- It has pink undertones and will make you look slightly pale, but I don't mind since I prefer the pale Asian look rather than the tanned look. You also get a slight slight shimmer. Don't be afraid, it's still 10X LESS shimmery than my Chanel or any other loose powder I've tried. I'm just saying this cuz although it's barely noticeable, you can still see it if you look closely.
- As written above, you get a LOT of product - almost 70g and I paid 92$CAD+tax for it. That comes to about 35g for 50$ which is actually cheaper than my Chanel loose powder (about 60$ for 30g!). Plus the cute lil travel size compact makes the deal all the more attractive!
- Refillable: there's a hook inside the plastic sifter which allows you to open it halfway to dump the refill in. I'm not sure how much the refill is, but this is a good option imo.
- Packaging: A part of my dissatisfaction lies here (see below), but I do like the lil extras that La Prairie throws in. Once you open the silver coated plastic lid, you will find a little pin tucked neatly inside. I have NO IDEA what it's used for (I will ask lol) but I looks awesome lol. Then you'll find an extra white plastic "separator" that holds your silky La Prairie puff and separates the powder compartment from it (I actually don't use this "separator", but I like it when companies go the extra mile with details!).

What I DO NOT LIKE:
- The packaging has its good points and bad... I do not like the puff. It does not apply the powder well (makes the powder lumpy) and does not grab onto the powder either when you try to pick it up. The other side of the puff is made with a silky type of polyester material onto which La Prairie is printed in a rather cheap way imo. Now get this, when I used it the first time, the inside part of the polyester fabric DETACHED from the rest of the puff or maybe it was never sewn on in the first place! The inside is apparently filled with a very cheap looking polyester sponge-like material. Anyway, I plan on using my Chanel powder puff.
- It is made in USA. There's nothing wrong with the US, but I'm disappointed in that the company cannot stay true to its roots. I buy from them expecting to have products made in SWITZERLAND!!! (I'm like this with my bags too, if I buy from a French company,I don't think there should be out-sourced factories.)
- Discrepancy on the box: On the box it says that once opened, the product can last 12 months, but on the label of the container, it says 24 months. Okie...

Ingredients:
May contain titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines.
*La Prairie's exclusive Cullular Complex

on 12/2/2005 10:29:00 AM

Beautiful huge jar , perfect coverage , did not disturb my acne-prone skin , feels like silk ahd small shiny particles make face glowing . It does not control the oil , so u will need to blott ur skin in couple of hours . For me there is no need of using foundation under it , they may look a bit heavy togever . So far it is the best loose powder i ever used .

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just buy this and I must say that I am IMPRESSED. I dont normally using loose powders BUT this one absolutely leaving your face looking fantastic!!! After applying my foundation I apply this powder and my face completely changes, my skin looks much smoother EXTREMLY softer, mate and radiant. I buy it in N 2 (very light neutral beige) because N1 was too pink.
Also I find much easy to apply with big brush than with the sponge which come with it.
I pay for it 40 euros but if you think this jar will last you forever is soooo much inside and you need tiny amount each time

on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM

Great powder!The texture is simply amazing: the products glides perfectly on the skin leaving a velvety finish without the "chalk effect" that so many powders do.I don't have to re-apply it every few hours because it lasts for almost the whole day.Another bonus is the fixing power : if you put a little amount on the eyelid before applying the eye colour, this will last a lot longer, more than using other bases.
Minus points : few shimmers ( I don't like them); just 2 shades.
Because I am very fair, I have to mix the powder with a little bit of Guerlain Divinora Translucent Powder Nr1 in order to match my skin colour perfectly.

I have been using this powder for 4 years and as you know this powder has lots of amount 56g I guess? I bought it at a Korean duty free store and it was still expensive for me as a student but compared to other high end powders, it is resonable. The best thing is that the powder has no talc. But due to the talc free base, it doesn't control the oil on my face. Plus the puff (applicator?) is ridiculous. It's too thin and small.
But it is not a big deal since I use a high quality Japanese puff.
It last over three years I guess even though I have oily skin so I put more powder than others. And I wear makeup almost everyday.
Great Product!

on 7/13/2005 3:51:00 PM

I'm not very fond of this powder. As the previous reviewer has said, it is not very translucent and it has slightly heavy and masky feel. I have it in No.2 which I bought last summer when I was tanned (so I wanted something a bit darker than my winter skin) but I haven't worn it much. No. 2 is a medium-pink, but I'm afraid it is a bit muddy (almost brownish) pink, not very fresh if you know what I mean (or is it a "sand pink"?): really for those with darker, cool-toned skin. My impression is that this loose powder is a bit "oldfashioned" in texture - there are much better, lighter, more natural loose powders on the market (Sisley, Versace, Dior - they are all much better than this one for my tastes). This is not a bad powder if you want a heavier coverage and a matte (not translucent) look. Plus, as everyone have already mentioned, you get a huge amount here (a huge container - I don't like it as well, it is not very practical).
Btw. No.1 is pink, too, but very light, almost whitish, so the both colors are for ladies with pink/cool undertones. My skin has a neutral/cool undertones, too, but these two colors are both kind of unnatural, "oldfashioned" pinks, I'm afraid.
I would not repurchase.

on 6/10/2005 7:55:00 AM

This product really deserves a review -it's just great.
I have never used loose powders before, but when I was getting make-up advise for my wedding from a make-up artist she recommended both the foundation and the loose powder from La Prairie. I thought the foundation was too expensive so I bought just the powder. The powder really makes a difference and gives me a nice glow and more flawless looking skin. There is a lot of content in the jar -it looks like it's going to last me forever since I use just a little.

on 4/27/2005 11:41:00 AM

PERFECT loose powder. I dunno what else to say :)

It's got little sparkles but you can see them only when exposed to sun and if you look really close. Comes in a huge jar. I've got it in Translucent #1 and am going to get it in #2 for the summer. This is FANTASTIC powder, aboslutely the best I've had so far. I'm not looking for a different one. EDIT: I tried using it during summer - not a good idea. It's great for harsh winter but doesn't control oil in the summertime.

on 7/3/2005 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in Translucent 2 which has a pink base to it. I have a med.olive skintone with yellow undertones. I find that this is not very translucent.If I apply too much, my face would be pink and my neck yellow. But I can get away with it applied lightly. The powder is finely milled & silky-smooth.The part I like the most is that I'm super oily but this did not cake on or dried my skin out. It held up for several hours without retouching just blotting my face.My skin looks fresh and comfortable with this powder. I have yet to try this on those hot & humid,triple digits. You get 2 oz. with this at $45.Compared to other high-end loose powders,this will come out a good buy for the amount. This will last me for many years. I will purchase the Translucent 1 when I'm pale during winter. Packaging is a screw lid top which I prefer. The only downside is that it only comes in 2 shades with pink undertones to it. However, quality, quantity, & performance are all superior IMO.