4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 10/22/2016 11:43:00 AM

I couldn't believe my eyelashes today when I did my makeup 🤗 It's been about a month since I started using castor oil on my lashes and brows and WOW I am SOOO impressed. Let me begin from actually describing my natural lashes which are pretty average what makes them worse is having protruding eyes so my lashes grow straight due to heavy lids (I should not risk it and leave house without mascara haha) and their mousy color. They are also suckers at cooperating with me so one eye looks good whereas the other could technically be off of another face and that's all due to my eyelashes being unruly. OK today I put mascara on and I would of fainted glad I was sat down haha they have never been so long, I haven't noticed a difference in colour, I need to investigate that in natural light with clear mascara. My lashes improved by at least 70% and I will continue using the oil. My method to apply is with my finger, the oil is quite thick and your finger makes it more liquid as it releases heat. I basically stamp my lashes at the room making sure the whole lashline is coated and then feather the lengths and tips. At the end I press on to them to get rid of excess oil. Since I over plucked my eyebrows years ago they have never been the same. The oil has really given me my brows back. I don't go to a brow bar and do them myself. They are definitely darker and I have noticed hairs growing into the gaps. Very impressed.

on 10/14/2016 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't have luck with this. :( I have a patch in the front of my left brow that is over tweezed and once I realized it, I've been trying to grow it back. I left it alone and some grew back naturally but it's very sparse. I contacted a micro blade artist about doing that and she said to try castor as my brows are pretty thick and it might not be enough to fill it to match my natural ones. So I picked it up. I also started using Hair skin and nails supplements a little before the castor oil.

One of the first things I did was put some into a smaller travel container so it would be easier to use. I have been using this for a few months now, on my lashes and brows. I would rub it a little under my eyes as well to seal in my moisturizers/just for extra protection. I got a few small styes and wondered if it was the castor. I previously used Vaseline with cocoa butter EVERY night on my lashes and eye circles and had no problems and I actually really loved that. I liked how it felt in the am where the castor felt more...Idk like I got more crusty with it and less nourishing. I also started to notice little clogged pores around my brow, but I kept up with it because I do get those sometimes anyway.

I knew it was going to take some time, but after a few months, I really didn't feel it was helping at all. Even with the supplements, I haven't had any growth more than what I did initially. I'm not trying to bash castor, I think it's worth a try for the price. But it doesn't work for everyone/every situation. I went back to the Vaseline and also ordered RapidLash to try on that patch as well as on my lashes.

I also think based on my experience with it on my brows and lashes that it wouldn't work for me to do the OCM with. I have tried that in the past with other oils and haven't found that magical one that works for me yet anyway, but I wouldn't attempt with this because I think my skin doesn't love it as much. I'm trying to find other uses for it though, because I know there are many.

I love castor oil for...pretty much everything. I used it to wash my face a few years ago, and I've used it successfully for brow growth and lash growth.

I moved away from using castor oil for whatever reason, but I was dealing with acne for like nine months and decided to break it out again (just straight castor oil) and my acne disappeared like overnight. I still have a little bit of scarring, but it's like night and day and I'm SO thankful. This is a "modified" version of the OCM on the OCM website and I should PROBABLY mix it with another oil, but I'm going to wait a little bit before I start experimenting.

on 10/7/2016 8:41:00 PM

- The outer third of my brows were very sparse, bald almost, and I always needed to draw them in. Castor oil gave me my full arched brows back in about a month, I don't need to use brow-pencils anymore. I don't know why the outer ends of my brows started to thin about 2 years ago, but I suspect it's hypo-thyroid related. No matter, the issue is resolved!

- I also apply castor oil on my upper and lower lashes every night along with my brows and I do notice that my lashes are fuller and stronger (I was using Cetaphil lotion as an eye-make up remover and that was helping to condition my lashes too). The more noticeable difference are my lower lashes, I barely had any, and I can see them now!

- Once a week (just before bedtime), I mix castor oil with coconut oil (I use Vatika, but any coconut oil will do), and massage into my scalp, concentrating on areas where there is more scalp showing through (like the middle part, and frontal sides)...I also apply along the whole length of my hair. I leave this overnight and shampoo everything off in the morning. A month after doing this, my hair definitely looks thicker and there is less scalp showing through! I also shed alot less. Close friends and family members have noticed and have asked me what I've been using...is it Kerastase? Is it this? Is it that? they mentioned some fancy-schmancy expensive crap I've never even heard off. But no, it's a $2 bottle of pure castor oil from the drugstore!

This stuff is just amazing! I'll never stop using this. I highly recommend!
(disclaimer: some people may be allergic to castor oil, so test on a small area of your skin first).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

When i was growing my natural hair out, made my hair strands so thick and healthy. I use this stuff on my eyebrows to help grow them out as well as my eyelashes using an old mascara brush that;s been washed out. I prefer Jamaican Black castor oil. Despise the sunny isle brand. Love this stuff. smells terrible tho :(

on 9/22/2016 11:53:00 PM

I have always been sceptical of "natural" remedies for hair growth and skin. Being a woman of science I can't help but roll my eyes when people try bullshit me with natural alternatives. Yes they have their place, but lets face it our "natural" look is one of ageing gracefully, hair loss, and less than desirable hair colours. But i digress! This product has shaken my anti-natural stance to the very core!!! IT'S INCREDIBLE! My eyebrows started getting think thin, patching and all around sad about a year ago. I wanted the lush eyebrows of my youth (which i tragically plucked away when I was a teenager).
Then i read about castor oil and wanted to put it to the test, what could i lose right?
I followed a regime outlined on this site-
- I cleanse my face and exfoliate
- I put two drops of essential teatree oil in sterile water (boiled)
- Wait for it to cool and brush my eyebrows for a 1-2 mins
- Dip a cotton tip in the oil and lightly glaze my eyebrows (Very lightly!) You don't want to use too much because its a thick oil
After 1 week i have BUSHMAN eyebrows! I wish i'd taken a before and after picture
I can't wait too see them next week!
Just note- Go for cold-pressed organic castor oil so the refining process is minimal and all the good shit isn't lost!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wow! I have been using this on my eyelashes for about a month, and noticed an improvement within the first 2 weeks. My lashes are normally short -- downright stubby. So, I am thrilled to see that they are growing longer. I can actually see a difference when I curl them now.

Considering how cheap you can get castor oil, it's worth giving it a try. If it doesn't work, you can probably find another use for the oil.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I used castor oil to grow my brows for about 6 months. I over-tweezed a bit the ends in the 90's and now regret it. The castor oil did fill in my brows, however it also caused a small yet hard whitehead to appear right under my brow. Since then I have stopped using castor oil and the whitehead went away. Currently, I color my brows with Godefroy tiny kit and fill them in with Revlon Brow Fantasy or Hard Candy Brows Now.

on 8/23/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have castor oil in a pump glass bottle and use a tiny drop each night on my eyebrows and my lashes so they saty strong and moisturized. I totally see the difference when I skip it, my eyebrows are everywhere, with the castor oil they look polished and stay in place.

on 8/23/2016 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Alright so avoiding profanities will be hard for me here because I got a lot to say. If you want my simple SFW review, I'll list the pros/cons at the end for you.

For some background: I had no intention of buying some fancy ass organic ass expensive ass oil for my eyebrows. So I bought Meijer brand Castor Oil, in the laxative aisle. It was cheap (like $3?) for a huge ass bottle and lawd I have been blessed.
Have you ever suffered through the disappointment of growing out your eyebrows for almost a full year after a horrific threading session? Have you had to rebuild your trust in others, your confidence, your faith in humanity because a little lady at the mall turned your foreign baddie eyebrows into stripper brows?
If this is you, you need castor oil. This made my eyebrows grow so quickly. I've had a series of bad eyebrow wax/thread/removal and my eyebrow hair growth has been slowing down. I was afraid my eyebrows would never be as thick as they once were (to be entirely honest, they're still not there yet). My eyebrows are getting back to where they were and I am so happy. I'm still gonna continue using this because it really makes a difference.
Just a word to the wise, don't be heavy handed with this!! I applied this at night and it definitely broke me out a little because my eyebrows were way too saturated.

PROS:
- thicker, fuller eyebrow
- it works

CONS:
- too much can break you out

Popular Brows Products