Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this in Translucent. It caked under my eyes and turned the rest of my face (NW15) orange after 2 hours. By definition translucent powders should not add any noticeable color; this one did. Not good. You can buy it at Sally's Beauty Supply, btw.

on 1/13/2005 8:54:00 PM

I love this powder, when I check my makeup at lunch and early evening at work my face isnt oily anymore. nice. I mix translucent and natural for a perfect match. lippie off of course for the packaging. I actually had to use a drill to make a hole in this to get it out and put it into a larger container! for such awkward packaging at least make the top easy to get off so you can transfer all of it to a something larger. still my HG powder. cant beat the price either. Update: I like how you only need a tiny tiny bit to get rid of the oilies, and thats what I use powder for mainly. So you could use more for a matte/made up look, & to set makeup or just use a small amount to control oil. Quite a versatile powder. And I upped it to 5 lippies, although i still hate the packaging.

on 11/12/2004 1:58:00 PM

This powder is a find!! Has very few ingredients and the ones it has are natural-sounding. Finely milled and smooth, it doesn't add or change the color of your foundation (I got translucent). This is just a good, basic, sheet podwer that sets your foundation, finishes your face, and absorbs oilies without looking cakey or fake. Honestly, this is one of the best powders I've tried, and I've tried a lot! Packaging is cheesy, but the product is so good and so reasonably priced that I give it a 5 anyway.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this paired with a little concealer for light coverage. It controls oil moderately well, even without a primer underneath. I took off a lippie because of the awful packaging; I got a mini sifter from Sephora and put it in that. It's much better than the original container.

on 11/15/2004 6:38:00 AM

I love this powder!! it's very natural.i use it alone on my face without foundation or anything because i want to use somthing light on my skin that won't clog the pores, and this is the perfect one.i took the (light) colour cause i didn't find the medium one but it was great cause it's very light & natural like you are wearing nothing on ur face& a big plus that it is made of a natural source which is rice,& it lasts forever i think it will last for two years,although i wear makeup almost every day..perfect!!

on 1/1/2005 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this loose powder! My aunt recommended it to me and I've never been so happy! The packaging is a little cheesy, but, it's whats inside that counts. I accidentally bought a darker shade and gave it to my sister. She loved it, too! I recommend the Palladio oil blotting sheets to go with it. You get a choice of using the rice powder paper side, or the plain paper side of the sheet. The price can't be beat (~$5.00US). This is a steal!

on 8/20/2004 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When my MAC Blot stopped controlling shine, I really wanted this to work. *sigh* It feel short. Basically did nothing to control my very oily skin. Also, the "darkest" color, Warm Beige, is way too light for me. It's nice to set make-up, if the color works for you.

I like this powder. It seems to keep my oil at bay a bit better than my old standby---Almay loose powder. My one complaint? The puff sucks! Is it just me? I feel like I can put a gallon of the powder on the puff and still my face doesn't feel powdered. If I use it with another puff, it's much better.

Got this in Nude, mostly use it over sunscreen like Clinique City Block and it does help keep my oily t zone matte for longer, it's extremely natural and doesn't show on the skin at all, only trouble is the packaging although cute, is a bit awkward for taking out!

This is one of my favorite loose powders for setting my make-up in the morning. It keeps my makeup in place, even in LA humidity, and doesn't break me out like NYC powder did. This, over Revlon Colorstay, and I don't have to blot once all day. Plus the translucent color is actually pale enough for my super PPP skin. The only complaint I have is the packaging which is incredibly shoddy and cheap. While the lid is pretty, it doesn't stay on AT ALL. And as far as the enclosed puff? I don't think I've ever seen a more useless makeup tool. I use a big fluffy brush instead and it gives me a flawless, naturally matte look.