Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara

Maybelline INTENSE XXL mascara
Enter Title

3.3

Can this get any harder to apply!?!?!? It was cheap, no more than 6 bucks at walmart. I really was hoping for the false eyelash look like in the commercial *I love adriana!* but what I got was relatively natural lashes, :p. This would be great for an everyday eye opener but was disappointed it wasn't as intense. Hopefully I can get it to work that way!! I'd repurchase.

on 8/30/2005 8:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten better reviews.I found this really dramatic,almost false eyelash style.I would be happier if it came in waterproof,but that's ok,the regular version doesn't budge much.Hopefully,they will have a w/p version by Nov so I can wear it at my wedding:)It doesn't even bother my eyes with my contacts in,which is a worry with fibre mascaras(ie MAC's).I love Maybelline mascaras in general;I cannot see spending $20 every 3 mos for a dept store product made by the same parent co(Cosmair-Lancome,respectively.)I was wearing a combo of Sky High Curves,Lash Discovery and Voluminous,but I only need to wear this one for the dramatic effect:)

on 7/29/2005 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Bought this on a whim, what a waste! My lashes did appear longer but it was not pretty. Looked like clumpy spider legs. I could have made this work if this mascara would allow me to comb through and separate, but no such luck. Full 'N Soft is still the best Maybelline mascara IMO.

on 8/19/2005 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This stuff does not budge =) It gave my sad little lashes very noticable length & thickness. I just wish it came in a bigger tube so you'd get a little more product... It did seem to dry my lashes out after a while though, it made my eyes feel dry also...

on 8/18/2005 10:45:00 PM

When it comes to mascara, they usually all seem the same to me. Although some are better than others, I bought this simply because I wanted something new, I was out of my other mascara, and because of the commercial. I didn't think it would be much different, but I was wrong! I love how it goes on, and lasts! The price was great and it makes my lashes so much more dark. At first, however, it was sort of hard to cover the white base coat, but I got the hang of it, and I'm glad I picked this! I'll definatly be buying it again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For sure, it added more volume but my lashes kind of stuck together. The 2nd step (the actual mascara) is more watery than regular, which adds more volume and color.

on 7/13/2005 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I I must agree with a previous reviewer, this is not bad, but I do not feel that it can compare to Faux Cils. Faux Cils, in my opinion, is such a great mascara that it is in its own category. With Intense XXL, my lashes (naturally long and curled) get a nice defined look, and this seems to stretch them out a bit for a real defined, evening look. But this is not as dark, shiny and smooth as Faux Cils, and it does not thicken and lengthen to the extreme that Faux Cils does. (However, considering the price difference, this is nice). For a fun comparison, I wanted to see what difference the primer end of this mascara really made. I put the primer, plus the black mascara end, on one eye, and then I put just the mascara end on the other eye. The difference, on my lashes, was really minimal--and I mean minimal. The only thing I noticed was that the primer seemed to extend the tip of my lashes just slightly, making them look a little longer than my other eye's lashes. There was no notable difference in thickness, and the "visible thickening" that the package promises with this did not occur, though a little lengthening did. I have experienced no irritation with this.

I bought this because it was on sale at CVS. It's nice for a Maybelline mascara (which isn't saying much). The formula is extremely wet so it's messy to apply. It does give good length and thickness but it also gives some serious clumps. The primer is pretty useless, but then again most of them seem to be, with the exception of Smashbox's. A much better drugstore option, for me at least, is Max Factor's Lash Lift. I won't be buying this one again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

OH....MY....LORD. This gives me the fullest, longest, most dramatic lashes! (pic in my profile) I usually LOATHE Maybelline mascaras, but this beats YSL Faux Cils, Diorshow, Voluminous, Chanel Extracils, Max Factor Lash Lift, etc... Caution: not for subtle lashes!!