Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 8/31/2005 4:27:00 PM

This was a little hard to come by as the Sally's near me did not carry any Palladio stuff (for whatever godforsaken reason). So I swapped for a Natural.

The color is a warm sand-beige but doesn't add a noticeable amount of color (at least on this MMM/AAB) and does not turn orangey on me. The powder is very fine, silky-soft and sets makeup beautifully. It provides slightly more coverage than say, my SH Cornsilk (though that one is Translucent). Gives a velvety matte finish that is not at all chalky. There's a sort of baby powder-ish scent but it's not particularly strong to me (the Cornsilk's scent is stronger; so is Coty's) and goes away as soon as I'm finished powdering.

This is not great in the shine-control department. I don't think it's worse than any other powders I've tried, but it's not better either. I use blotting papers and sometimes a pressed powder to touch up during the day. This has not broken me out at all nor has it noticeably clogged my pores.

I think the packaging (a square, laminated cardboard box with built-in sifter and a retro pic of an Asian woman on the lid) is really cute, though not at all practical for travel. Better to just dump some of this in a travel sifter jar (Sephora sells one for cheap; Milani has mini loose powders--just use up or dump what's in there and keep the jar). I don't have any problems using this--just flip the box over, tap the lid on your dresser, then open it up and dip your brush in whatever's stuck to the lid. This is supposed to be pretty cheap too--I just wish it were easier to find.

on 8/27/2005 6:14:00 PM

I recently purchased this after reading the reviews here. I bought translucent, and I have to say, I LOVE this stuff. I have gone through a lot of powders trying to find the right one. This doesn't settle in fine lines and accentuate them. It makes my makeup last so much longer, and really gives a nice smooth finish without shifting or changing color throughout the day. At this price, definately worth a try!

on 5/20/2005 12:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

A great powder and an affordable price-I have to say this offers better coverage than my BB pale yellow loose powder.One swipe of this and I look like I have naturally flawless porcelain skin.The packaging could be better-I could see how this would create a huge mess if spilled.I got this at Sally's for under $5.Try this before spending a small fortune on others-you may be pleasantly surprised.

This is the best loose facial powder I have ever used! I just finished up a jar of Laura Mercier's loose powder and tried this item in the translucent shade on a whim. For me, it way out-performs Laura Mercier's loose powder.

I will never purchase another brand as long as Palladio continues to make this item. It keeps my face from appearing oily for longer than any powder I have tried before and sets makeup wonderfully.

This powder is of a very, very fine texture, and is virtually undectable once applied, softly blurring away any flaws. It is made of rice and has not caused my acne-prone skin to break out at all.

I have two minor complaints... The packaging. It is not attractive at all, but for the price, that's a minor issue. I can always transfer it to another container, which I intend upon doing. Also, I prefer unscented facial powders and this has an added generic powder fragrance to it.

Other than my two minor complaints, this powder is absolutely perfect for $5. In fact, I would even shell out $30 I had been paying for Laura Merier's powder for this product! continued >>

on 4/24/2005 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after the great reviews but it obviously didnt agree with me. I got the translucent as I was worried any of the other colours would go orange but it was far too pale and looked like talc. Ive given it to my sister who is very pale and usually uses the palest clinique powder so it may suit her. If I did repurchase it would probably be the next shade up but this is unlikely as I am very happy with my usual cornsilk. One thing I did like is the very dinky packaging - great for leaving in my makeup bag at work but probably not a good enough reason to repurchase. Very cheap though so not too disappointed.

on 6/21/2005 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was very pleased with this. I only wish it were unscented. The box is now made of plastic and it has a lid that snaps on tightly. It has a very fine texture to it and it sets makeup well. It has a good effect on controlling oil. I did not experience any problems with irritation or clogged pores due to it. At only $5, this is a must try. I think the box design is cute.

I love this product. I have tried countless loose powder products and was not very happy with any of them. My face became oily throughout the day and had to reapply many time throughout the day. I hate the packaging though. I wanted to transfer into a larger container and it was very hard to get the powder out. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't know why they made it that way.

This is one of the best powders I've ever used! I used to use Sonia Kashuk's Barely There Loose Powder and T Le Clerc powder but I found that the SK powder didn't control oil well enough and that the T Le Clerc powder was far too expensive. This powder absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used, and while it's not as finely milled and has a much more limited color selection than the T Le Clerc powder, it's very affordable and still applies beautifully if you use a powder brush. The packaging isn't the greatest but it's not bad either - just take the puff out and use a powder brush instead. At this price, I think this could be HG material!

on 3/22/2005 8:50:00 AM

I just bought this in the translucent shade at Sally's, and like it much better than the Coty Airspun that I was previously using. It doesn't have the strong perfumey fragrance that my Coty powder has, and it has a nicer, "less powdery" look to it. I think this is a very nice powder.

on 3/23/2005 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Girls, the packaging is NOT an issue. Peel the clear-tape protective square off of the holes. No need to play with the lippee. Then tap the powder from the holes into the lid and swirl sith a fat brush, just as you would do with BareMinerals. This is fantastic stuff and well packaged for about the price of 2 Happy Meals.