Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 3/25/2004 12:55:00 AM

I got mine in Vanille Translucent Sun, the first loose powder I found just perfect for my skin tone.
I'm blonde with medium light skin and warm yellow undertones.
The powder is very silky and sheer. It is a warm and light natural color, which makes my skin look smooth and even. It doesn't get a cake-like look, and it stays on for many hours.
I can't tell I have powder on--
feels just perfect. I love it and I will definitely buy it again.

on 3/22/2004 5:04:00 PM

I have this loose powder in "clair", and while it is very sheer it appears to have this dreaded effect of making my foundation darken slightly. (FYI I wear GA LSF 2/4). I also detect a hint of a peachy tone to it rather than merely neutral/yellow. That said, the quality of this powder is excellent - extremely finely milled and does not look chalky or dry at all though I cannot detect any obvious shimmer. I'm so disappointed that the colour turned out to be wrong for me, having paid through the nose for this! I'll keep using a tiny bit of this every now & then especially on its own on the rare occasions when I go without foundation. The jar is huge so I expect it to last forever. And of course it does look supremely elegant on my dressing table! Oh well...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this powder. It's the first loose I have ever had and I must say that I'm a little bit disappointed. I have it in Clair and it matches my skin colour great. It does accentuate my dry/flaky areas as well as the tiny little hairs on my face. I think my face gets too matte when using this. The packaging is absolutely fabulous, of course and I love looking at it! Wouldn't re-purchase. Wouldn't have to since you get quite a bit. I don't think I'll ever use it up!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this in Translucent Claire. It has an apricot-color look to it, which adds a touch of warmth to pale skin, but without turning orange or looking heavy. Very light and finely-milled powder. Love the packaging...it dispenses a good amount of powder. Some powders gush out of their containers, or you shake it upside down and 2 grains come out. Not this one. Just the right amount. I think you can find other powders that are just as nice and not as steeply priced, but I still think I'd buy it again. I'm just crazy enough.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this powder. Such fine particles, no caking, gives a healthy glow and very slight shimmer. Hate the price, but it's worth it.

on 5/29/2003 1:26:00 PM

This is my HG of loose powders. I have it in 50 Peche which was a surprising shade for my pale-olive skintone. It has tiny little reflective particles that give my face a glow. Comes in a huge 30g container that will last for a very long time. I threw out the powder puff & use it with my large powder brush. Great for controlling those oily areas, but doesn't flake on my dryer areas.

VERY NICE!!!

on 5/1/2003 8:17:00 AM

The best thing about this powder is the clean, convienient packaging. The screen deposits just the right ammount of powder on the puff and never spills, even if I carry it around. Very neat.

The powder itself is very finely milled and doesn't look chalky. It goes on easily and blends extremely well. You also get a lot of the product for the price.

Having said all that, it seems to be a little too absorbent for me, it soaks up all the moisture and oils. But hey, that's what a loose powder is supposed to do...

on 3/12/2003 12:21:00 PM

Very impressive powder! I've been searching for another loose powder and since I like Chanel products (glosses, lipsticks, mascaras, etc..) thought I would investigate. I have several loose powders already - Laura Mercier, Giorgio Armani (#0 and #1) and find that although sheer and easy to apply - that they can look chalky/dry on the face. Chanel's loose powder is awesome. Very finely milled, and applies beautifully and looks natural. It provides a nice, lasting matte finish but doesn't look at all cakey. I use in the morning and don't have to touch up until mid day (use Giorgio Armani sheer compact powder for touch ups). Really a great powder!!!!