Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Got it in Natural, which is perfect, even though I'm quite pale (NW20). I've lately started using PF Mineral Wear Loose powder, which is wonderful, but I'm oily and the finish is compromised after a few hours. I bought this a LONG time ago after MAC Blot broke me out. I apply this with a soft Japonesque blush brush. It imparts a soft-focus finish, with no oil breakthrough. This stuff smells like the soap in the bathrooms at a traditional Teppanyaki restaurant. I've never tried my new makeup combination at school, but it has passed a preliminary test: after an evening with my boyfriend on a pretty sticky hot day, I looked in his bathroom mirror and was ecstatic to find that my light layer of makeup had stayed creamy and flawless exactly as I had first applied it four hours before. I hate the packaging though, it should have had a screw-top lid.

on 7/9/2006 12:51:00 PM

Great!!! I have oily skin and it gives me oil-free face all day long. It never gave me any breakouts and it does wonders for my skin. Best to use with a natural brush for a flawless finish.

on 7/2/2006 12:11:00 AM

I can't stand Palladio's wet/dry foundation, but their rice powder rocks. SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the overhyped/overpriced BE Mineral Veil, which now sits unused on my vanity table ever since I bought and started using the rice powder. Works great with my tinted moisturizer and highlighter. This one's a keeper.

on 6/9/2006 7:13:00 PM

I thought I would give this a try based on the raves I read on the skincare board and WOW! I absolutely love it! I don't have to worry about the potential effects it may have on destabilizing my sunscreen and my face is oil free ALL day! I bought the translucent (about $5 at Sally's) and it evened out my skin tone and I had no shine for the entire day. I am so thankful that I found this inexpensive powder vs. all of the high end department store brands that don't even come close to this one!

This is amazing stuff---I just wish they made an accompanying pressed powder too. As a result of the reviews on this board, I sought out a Sally's Beauty Store. For $5 powder, I'd drive half-way across the country. It does exactly what all other posters have said--it keeps away the shine and it lasts darn near forever. I think my last box lasted about a year, maybe a little less. The translucent is a perfect shade for my skin, and even in the humid Texas heat the powder stays on a long time and keeps from looking oily. Absolutely give this a try, it's alot less of a gamble than spending $23 or so from a dept. store.

on 6/5/2006 12:26:00 AM

I LOVE this powder!! Bought it in Translucent from Sally's Beauty Supply. Even the translucent can add a little bit of color. I can wear this with or w/o liquid m/u. It is inexpensive. It does contain talc and some individuals dont like that but the formula work well for me. I only have to touch up once if it is like 100 degrees out. Very soft feeling. Packaging leaves alot to be desired, it is pretty messy. I have repurchased this a few times and will continue as long as they make it.

on 3/15/2006 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Unless I find something better, and I really can't see that happening, this is my HG finishing powder. I actually apply a light dusting of cornstarch baby powder before this (yes, my skin is *that* oily), but this is what really makes the difference. A caveat, the transluscent is not as its name implies but a very pale golden color. This powder is so highly pigmented it doubles as my foundation--a little concealer, the cornstarch, and then this brightens my complexion and evens out skin tone. The translucent shade is a perfect match for my PPP skin with yellow undertones. It gives superb coverage that lasts all day, and is finely milled, too, so it feels wonderful and looks natural. Excellent stuff. I still have to blot like crazy throughout the day, but there isn't a product in existence that can tame my oilies.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ok the rice powder i got was not the same brand...
in fact i found it in this little neighbourhood convenient store..for only 60cents!
Of couse i could not say no to that..hehe
well mine is pure white and yes i came in the worse container ever!
I just transfered it out and im using a better brush.

Let me say ths is perfect!Awesome...keeps my oilies away and makes me look all matte without looking like i have make up on! I like it other than the smell

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder, its really smooth and stays on all day, yet didnt look too matte like most powders and I dont notice me getting all shiny throughtout the day like other powders. I got the powder in 'natural' and its a little darker for me, but I really like it because it gives me a little color, and works perfect when Im tan. I think its 6-7$

on 2/19/2006 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Great powder, does not dry your skin and gives a very nice matte coverage. The containder it comes in is mediocre and the powder can be messy to apply. I use my kabuki brush and i am always pleased with the results. I got it from sally's for under 5dollars.

Addendum:Winter time here in Boston and i had to stop using it as it is now making my skin very dry.
Update:its been a bad winter for my skin and this rice power is now very drying so i have stopped using it. I now use the Bobbi Brown pale yellow and Givenchy Prism.