Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Love this. Better than any other bb cream that I've tried. I get it in light, and it matches me perfectly without any orange. I apply a small pea sized amount after moisturizing, and it spreads quickly and evenly. Covers most redness and diminishes the appearance of pores. If I have red marks from blemishes I do need a bit of seperate concealer, but that is all. If I'm not doing much I will leave it there, but if I'm going out I follow with a SMALL amount of foundation, as this seems to help my makeup go on much smoother and with much less product. The tube is great and dispenses just the right amount of product. Price is a little on the high side, but as this will replace my sunscreen and primer and will reduce the amount I'm paying in foundation then I'm okay with it. Best of all it doesn't break me out like most other primers. Will repurchase. EDIT 2/11/13: So sad, but I had to stop using this. Dried me out really badly after a couple of weeks, no matter how much I moisturized prior to applying it. this has to be just for oily skin, not dry or combination. Thank God for Sephora's really great return policy.

on 2/4/2013 10:18:00 AM

Love this! Got a sample from ULTA that came with all 4 colors and light works perfectly on my NC20 skin tone. I use this as a base for my Bare Minerals Ready foundation and it works like a charm.

Nice coverage, smooths out my pores and makes my face look fresh and even toned.

The SPF 30 and easy travel tube are what sold me. I'm going to buy the full size when my sample runs out.

on 1/29/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a sample of this from Sephora in Fair and Light a couple days ago. So far I've only worn it twice and I'm in love. The one thing I don't like about it is that it makes dry patches stand out, but after an hour or two it isn't as noticeable. The colour Fair matches my skin perfectly. I tried Light this morning and I looked like an Oompa Loompa so I took it off. I really like it. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my face, and it definitely is light coverage, but I'd imagine it's pretty build-able. I can't even see my pores, and it covers up minor dark spots from acne fairly well, though I like to put a concealer over it. The consistency seemed really thick, but it's very smooth and light. When I put it on the back of my hand, I noticed it had sparkles in it (must be from the diamond powder), so I was kind of unsure about putting it on my face, because I thought it might make me look oily. But it looks amazing. I wouldn't say that it keeps my oil at bay for twelve hours; more like 5-6 (when worn alone), but with a powder I think it would probably last for twelve hours.
All in all, I really like this, and I'm shocked because this is the first BB Cream I've ever tried. I'm definitely going to buy the full one, and I probably won't wear it everyday, but I absolutely love it.

on 1/28/2013 2:47:00 PM

Amazing! I have tried numerous BB Creams now (Garnier, Dior and Smashbox) this one is absolutely amazing!! While other bb creams made my skin oily, this one mattified it and looked much better than some medium coverage foundations that i have had in the past. Non shiny application, my skin looked and felt like satin. It is definitely worth the price and one of the best products I've tried in years.

I've had this stuff for about a week now, and here are my observations:
If you have dry skin with little to no problems with foundation staying on, you're probably not going to need/like this. If you have oily skin, this stuff could change your life. It has for sure changed mine.

I think I can speak for both skin types pretty well. I have a pretty oily t-zone that needs blotting/powdering at least once with Colorstay, colorstay whipped, almay tlc, covergirl outlast 3-in-1, MUFE hd, Laura Mercier, Kat Von D, etc. All of those foundations are great but my oil will still surface around one o'clock. (I am a long-wearing foundation junkie).

In stark contrast, my cheeks are ruddy and usually extremely dry. I must use completely different products on different areas of my face (sigh). I bought this because it sounded like exactly what I wanted: sheer coverage, long-wearing, with built in sunscreen and primer. However, I have learned to only put this where I get oily. I think even with normal skin, you must put on a pretty decent moisturizer. That being said, on my oily parts, this stuff is absolutely incredible.

All in all, if you are not oily, this is probably not the best BB treatment to spend your money on. It claims to be a moisturizer as well but trust me, it is not. If you are oily, this stuff will probably be your best friend.
Quickly about the colors: I am very fair and so I chose the color fair (shocker). But next time I get this I will get light, which is probably more for the NW20 and on, but it is sheer enough that I think it will just give a nice hint of color because I do get quite tan in the summer months. I don't think I will repurchase fair beyond this anyway because it is just a base, and a sheer one at that. Fair would be perfect for an NW10 probably, but I'm not that light either. The shades do run a bit dark, but I think they would work well with lots of different undertones because the shades are very forgiving.

This stuff has simplified my makeup routine. I kept buying all of these full coverage foundations because of lasting problems with my oily skin, but I didn't really need the coverage. Everything just felt so heavy. Now I have this, which just allows me to pop on a bit of concealer, set it with a little powder, and not worry about anything sliding off. The only reason this is getting a 4 is because it sticks to dry spots and makes them look worse. But, like I said, I've found a way around that.

Alright, enough rambling. Great product!

on 1/27/2013 2:39:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I've got oily skin that needs to be blotted many times per day, yet when I wore this the first time, I didn't get shiny for hours. It goes on with a smooth, matte finish and stays that way pretty much the entire day. If your skin is dry, you might need a little spot moisturizing underneath this, but otherwise, I have no complaints whatsoever. It beats the pants off of the drugstore tinted moisturizer I was using before. Totally worth the price!

on 1/24/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This stuff is life-changing. I bought it to take on vacation as a multi-tasking product (coverage, oil control, and broad-spectrum sunscreen in one compact tube). I was skeptical because most primers seem to make me oilier than ever, but I was blown away by this. It's got surprisingly great coverage, controls oil better than any product I've ever used (more on that in a second), and includes a nice level of sun protection without irritating the super-sensitive skin under my eyes or smelling overly SPF-y.

My favorite part - OIL CONTROL! Even if this was colorless and had no SPF, I'd buy it again and again. It has completely banished the afternoon oil slick that I've always struggled with. I also have horribly oily eyelids that cause my eyes to sting and burn by mid-day. Even UDPP creases and melts on me by early afternoon (by mid-morning if I try to use it just for oil control without shadow on top). A thin swipe of this stuff keeps my lids dry and happy all day long - without a bit of shadow to set it! I haven't tried it as a base yet, but I'm sure it would work great just judging by the texture.

Overall, I'm thrilled with this product and I'll definitely be a repeat buyer!

on 1/23/2013 4:27:00 PM

I'm just beginning to explore the BB creams. I don't like heavy foundations - most make me look overdone & cakey or emphasize the fine wrinkles my 57-yr.old skin has. I usually use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (sand) and I've been happy with that. I tried the Dior Hydra Life BB (many reviewers have said the tone is somewhat yellow & since my skin has golden undertones I thought this would work for me) - however, the color seems just a tad grayish on my face. I received the small 4-cell sample of Tarte BB cream that other reviewers have mentioned. I applied it over the Obagi C Clarifying Serum Rx and found it seemed overly chalky & difficult to spread. Today I applied Dr. Brandt Laser-Tight serum over the Obagi C first, then applied the Tarte BB (medium) and whala! Perfect finish, evens out my skin tone, doesn't settle in the wrinkles and makes me look more alive than the Dior does. From the sounds of other reviewers I'd better hustle back to Sephora and get my new BB cream before it's sold out!

on 1/21/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this BB Primer! My skin is oily/combination and this leaves a beautiful matte velvet like appearance to my face. It has a light but buildable coverage. If you don't have major imperfections and hyperpigmentation to cover...this will work well alone without the need for foundation. The tan (MAC NC 45) shade blended with my skin seamlessly without leaving me yellow, orange, red, gray, muddy or ashy. My skin is also usually very sensitive and some products (especially those with sunscreen) makes it go crazy with breakouts but this has not caused me to have a single pimple. That alone is amazing to me! This will be a staple product in my cosmetic collection from now on.

on 1/18/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have tried several drug store brand BB Creams and have not been impressed. That being said, Tarte's BB Cream is phenomenal, if: you have oily skin, need moderate coverage and don't miind titanium dixoide and zinc oxide sunscreen. I normally don't like sunscreen products because I tend to be allergic. However, this sunscreen doesn't irritate my skin and more importantly, being african-american, it doesn't leave a horrible white/gray cast to my skin. Now on to the texture. It is matte. A beautiful velvet matte that wonder of wonders has oil control for at least 5 hrs ( It claims 12 hrs.). I don't know about 12 hrs but, 5 hrs! That's awesome to me. I heartily endorse it.