Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is amazing! It keeps the oil shine down and does't irritate my acne. I cover my blemishes with a liquid and then use the powder to even everything out, that way my makeup isn't as heavy. It's very light so it seems to blend a lot easier. It does seem to need a touch up on particularly humid or oily days, but I usually just carry the blotting papers in my purse and that solves the problem. I also wish the container was a little easier to handle, but it is comparable to most loose powder containers.
*update* I"m on to try different powders because I read that rice powder and starch powders are more susceptible to the bacteria that causes acne, then talc powders. I'll write to say if the change was worth it.

on 12/21/2006 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Rice Powder was great. I tried MAC blot powder and it made me look to "powdery." And almost kind of flakey. I wear Differen and Clindagel medication for my face, which kind of makes me nose appear "constricted" and shiny. Well, I put some of this on there, and it completely covered the shine without getting flakey looking :D And it's completely translucent, which is something I absolutely adore, because most "translucents" I've tried still add a bit of color.

*UPDATE* I've realized that it's not completely translucent. IF you don't blend well you might come out with really light patches.

on 11/20/2006 6:16:00 PM

The container was too messy. Anytime I opened it, powder would come flying at me. It would get all over my clothes and everywhere. I just might just not be a loose powder kind of gal. More importantly, this stuff broke me out. I don't know what ingredient it was exactly, but my skin did not enjoy. I'll stick with my palladio wet/dry powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of the good reviews here. It was in a much smaller package than I was expecting. I got the translucent powder. I really love this stuff, it is very fine powder and goes on very nicely. I am oily and this really lasts and stops shine. The "puff" it comes with is no good, use a brush.
UPDATE: This is the only product that keeps my skin from getting shiny. I can't live without it, wish they made a pressed rice powder.

on 10/30/2006 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh my gosh, this stuff is wonderful. I used to use Laura Mercier translucent powder and NEVER AGAIN will I shell out that much money for a loose powder! This is EVEN BETTER than more expensive brands! I have it in Nude which is really more like a light yellow color than translucent. Love you MUA girls for hooking me up with this great product!

on 10/23/2006 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use homemade rice powder a couple of years ago (sold by a seller on eBay), but I discontinue due to the texture was kinda rough. After came across Palladioís rice powder here in MUA, I decided to give it a try and Iím sooo glad I did! This rice powder is so finely milled! I have very very oily complexion and this powder (on top of my Palladioís foundation) really make my face a lot less oily Ė which I have never been able to achieved with any other loose powder). I only need to blot once or twice a day max. Iím an AAB with tan/olive complexion and I use the beige shade which works great. I apply this powder with my Versace powder brush, and I also dab a little more on my nose with a flocked sponge. This powder comes in a square thick carton packaging, which isnít the best, but it works. I scoop half of it to BE jar for when I travel. When my Versace loose powder finished, I will transfer this rice powder to the jar (those who know Versace products must know how pretty the packaging are ^.^). I donít remember how much I paid for this powder, but Iím pretty sure it was less than $5 at Sallyís. I will definitely repurchase this again and again!

on 10/9/2006 4:36:00 PM

Really love MUA reviews! This is the reason I bought it (and will buy it again) The price is just right & the quality is good. I'm combo skin with visible pores. I prefer to use rice powder alone (just use it with the puff that comes in the package) but when I want to cover my pores, I'll use foundation first & follow with rice powder (but this time I use it with powder brush).

on 8/31/2006 10:38:00 AM

This is a great powder! It instantly mattifies without being heavy, cakey or drying. For me it helps to keep the oilies at bay for at least several hours (which I consider a triumph). When the oil again breaks through during the day, just a light application makes my skin shine free with no build up. It also doesn't accentuate lines or wrinkles. It's best applied with a brush for a smooth and flawless finish. The price is certainly right - $4.99 at Sally's. The packaging is improved - a plastic lid that fits tightly and a sifter inside. My skin is pretty pale, and the translucent works wonderfully. I'm not crazy about the fact that it is scented, but even though my skin is usually irritated by scents, I haven't had any problems with this. A definite re-buy (when it runs out, which could take quite a while).

on 8/28/2006 10:29:00 AM

Ok, it seems that Palladio has changed its packaging judging from the previous reviews. Now it has a plastic top that fits on tightly so it's no problem to carry around in my purse. Anyway, I love love love this powder. My face is incredibly oily and when I use this I have to blot about 3x less. And it doesn't get cakey when you reapply it. I got it in natural, which I thought might be too light for me but blended in perfectly with my skin.

Got it in Natural, which is perfect, even though I'm quite pale (NW20). I've lately started using PF Mineral Wear Loose powder, which is wonderful, but I'm oily and the finish is compromised after a few hours. I bought this a LONG time ago after MAC Blot broke me out. I apply this with a soft Japonesque blush brush. It imparts a soft-focus finish, with no oil breakthrough. This stuff smells like the soap in the bathrooms at a traditional Teppanyaki restaurant. I've never tried my new makeup combination at school, but it has passed a preliminary test: after an evening with my boyfriend on a pretty sticky hot day, I looked in his bathroom mirror and was ecstatic to find that my light layer of makeup had stayed creamy and flawless exactly as I had first applied it four hours before. I hate the packaging though, it should have had a screw-top lid.