Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

I'm tentatively going to say buy again, cause I love this stuff, but now I'm watching for breakout! I didn't know that about rice starch....

Does the job, but nothing spectcular. Didn't cause breakouts or anything, but my face got oily again like with other powders.

on 10/17/2007 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This didn't work 100% for me. It did seem to keep my oily forehead in check for longer than other powders, but it caused me to break out. I used this with Palladio Wet/Dry foundation (which also broke me out) and they worked very well together. Easy to apply. The plastic square is tougher to work with than a circular container, but for $5, who can nit-pick that. I so wish that it worked for me. With acne prone skin, I now know to stay away from the Rice Starch (can promote bacteria growth on acne prone skin). *sigh* My search continues, but you should try it. Otherwise, a great powder for oily gals.

on 9/22/2007 10:54:00 AM

When I run out, I'm not buying again. It does a pretty good job at soaking up and preventing some oilyness, but it doesn't have the clean finish that I like. This is probably a real blessing for people with sensitive skin, but I'm most worried about oil and the end effect. I've used it all summer, so I have some slight loyalty to it, but I'm losing loyalty by the day. Rice powder only holds my oil at bay for a short couple of hours and does not settle well - you can see the individual powders on my skin, which I never had a problem with in Blot Powder or the like. The packaging also completely sucks; I broke the original packaging trying to get the sifter off so that I could transfer it to a Sephora sifter pot (which works much, much better). Overall, I'd rather just spend more money and get something that works.

on 5/15/2007 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as a primer to absorb oils under my foundation (Palladio wet/dry). It works very well for this purpose. It doesn't have coverage at all, just covers the shine you get from sunscreens. No breakouts, no irritation. Makes my powder foundation smooth right on. I will continue to purchase. ***UPDATE*** well i've been using this for a couple weeks and i've discovered that it's making me super oily. I'm gonna try MAC Blot next.

on 5/15/2007 12:53:00 AM

I have the translucent powder and it does a great job. Sometimes I use it over everything else to set it and smooth it out and sometimes I will use it over just moisturizer and sunscreen. I use a brush to apply--yeah, that powder puff is a joke but so is any that comes with loose powder. And yes, loose powders do tend to get all over. That's the nature of the beast. I haven't had any problems with the packaging coming open. It stays closed very nicely.

on 5/11/2007 8:45:00 PM

The price is dirty cheap and rice powder seems to be safer than mineral powder. The behavier of this powder on face is just ok. The powder is not fine enough and it is definitly visible on face. It does not dry my skin while it does not do good job on oil controlling.

on 3/6/2007 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have the shade natural. this powder has no coverage really so the shade doesn't affect anything. what i like: REALLY controls oil, my face stays pretty much matte the whole day with moderate oilies (more "dewy" imo though) by the evening, and i'm usually an oil slick by midday, WOW WOW WOW!!! cheap price, cute and convenient packaging (though i haven't travelled with it), there is actually rice powder in the ingredients (i thought it was just a marketing gimmick), no breakouts, and sweeping this on makes my skin look so translucent and pretty. DEFINITELY HG! what i don't like: difficult to locate as i live in canada (it is only carried in sally's), very heavy oldie-oriental fragrance, may contain talc (but so far, no breakouts).

on 2/23/2007 3:11:00 PM

After years of wearing NARS loose powder, I decided to try this one due to all of the great MUA reviews that it got. I really love my NARS powder, but it is so expensive that I could not justify buying it again until I checked this one out. I must say that for the $ and quality of the powder, this one kicks butt over NARS! This one controls my oily skin, does not break me out and costs a fraction of the price that NARS does! I do, however agree that the packaging bites-it is small and messy and I could definitely do without the puff! The box itself is really cute and looks kind of glamorous! I will definitely buy this again!

on 2/10/2007 4:44:00 PM

I give this a two out of three, and I own this in translucent. Minus one point for the idiotic packaging; the holes where the powder usually comes out were sealed with plastic and I had to take a pin to pop them open. Why not use a plastic sticker, like ALL the other loose powders I've ever had? Minus another point for the amount of effot I have to put into this, blending etc., to make it look like I haven't crawled six feet out of the ground. That ties into the last minus point: the powder not actually being translucent.

The positive side is... um, well, it's cheap. (I paid about $5) I was originaly going to go buy BE Mineral Veil, but I've been pretty broke since I paid this semester's tuition, so I opted for this instead... I'm beginning to think I should have just put a few bucks aside every day for the BE powder, or at least something a little better than this... Palladio is usally a good company (Their e/s, blushes and brushes are nice...) but this just doesn't win. I was so frustrated with stuff, so I didn't wear it long enough to test its staying power or find out if it clogs pores. (With my luck, it'll probably fade off half-way through the day and break me out...)

So screw this stuff, I'm saving up for Mineral Veil. continued >>