Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this. The packaging is too cute. It goes on nice and smooth. Not too expensive. Smells nice to me and hasn't caused any skin irritation. I got it to complement my Coty airspun because that's too big to carry around. This, I just use a rubber band to keep closed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well, it does its job. The packaging is adorable and looks great on my counter.Of course you can't travel anywhere with it since your purse would be one hot mess. The finely milled powder feels good on my skin and it keeps me from looking oily. I would probably give it a better rating if it was talc-free. The applicator feels nice on your skin, but I use a brush so I don't look too powdery.

on 1/4/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't able to test this before buying it, which is a rookie mistake that my irritable-skinned self should know better than to make. Especially as the ingredients list clearly states "fragrance". It transpired that said fragrance was akin to the kind of toy make-up or perfume seven-year-olds are given to play with. After this inauspicious start, the rice powder's fortunes only worsened when my face began to protest - itching, slight stinging, little red bumps. I used it a few times in total with different products underneath to see if I could create a buffer that might allow my skin to tolerate the powder. I couldn't. Each time I was able to clearly detect its presence during the day if I happened to check my reflection, having experimented with a puff, a dense kabuki brush and a looser dusting brush to apply. This is partly my own doing, having tried to match the shade of my previous MAC loose Blot Powder and ending up with this in Fair, which isn't the lightest option. However, I think it's also a reflection on how coarsely milled the product appears to be in comparison to pretty much everything else I've tried (drugstore and high end). The packaging is so flimsy that the block of powder inside comes separately wrapped, with what I can only assume - because it would surely make a pathetic applicator - is a square of protective foam. Appealingly kitsch illustrations just didn't disguise or compensate for this...crappiness. I've had some pleasant surprises with Palladio, and this was karma's payback. Having said that, it did help me to realise that I don't like a completely matte finish to my make-up, so I'll be looking for light-reflecting particles (e.g. mica) in future powders. I applaud its minimal ingredients, simplicity and potential good value for money - means well, but must try harder.
Ingredients: Calcium carbonate (chalk), oryza sativa (rice) starch, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: iron oxides, talc. 5.98/44g, Sally's Hair & Beauty Supply.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

i use this as a primer to help with oil and it really helps my face from getting oily as quickly. usually i have to blot my nose, cheeks, and chin by about 1pm, but with this i have been able to go to 5-6pm before getting breakthrough. i dont use this as a finishing powder just because i like the NYC colorwheels to brighten me up a little, but under my powder foundation, it works great and never looks cakey or powdery no matter how much i put on (i have translucent). i took one lippie off just because the container sucks. it is really messy and small, and a square box really doesnt work when you are trying to swirl powder onto a brush, especially when the brush barely fits into the container.

Serve the purpose. Finely milled powder. Not the best powder in the market but its a winner at such a low price(around $5-5.50). Case is cute but not practical, sponge is not good, smell is a little intimidating. However, its has cute Chinese lady on the package and its a Rice powder at $5 range. Set makeups well and beautifully. Definitely buying it again when I finish it. (I don't know when will it be though. I have a lo~~t of powders waiting on line.)

on 10/31/2008 11:22:00 AM

OK, I have to say that I was reluctant to try this, as I had never heard of the brand, and because it was so cheaply priced. If it was not for the great reviews on MUA I would have never even considered trying it. At, first I picked up a shade too dark for my skin, and upon applying it, it looked cheap and cakey. Since it was so cheap, and it did feel wonderful on my skin I decided to give it a second go around. I purchased the next box in translucent, and it was a huge change! It goes on thin, and makes your face look soft and natural. Doesn't leave a "white" looking residue as most translucent powders tend to do. I used it as a setting or "finishing" powder over top of my Clinique foundation and powder. The Palladio rice powder stood up to the humid summer days in Kentucky, and if a powder can keep you from shining like the sun on those kind of days, then it is A ok in my book. I gave it 4 lippies because of the packaging, YIKES! as soon as you close the lid, POOF out comes a powder burst! I ended up buying a really cute vintage chanel powder tin off ebay to store it in.

on 10/25/2008 3:09:00 AM

OMG. This stuff has made me quit hating my extremely oily skin! It is great at controlling oil. I am blown away. I have been on the search for a decent powder forever. I find some that are better than others but nothing HG until now. I got the translucent shade. It's actually very, very fair so I wouldn't use it unless you are quite pale. This gives me a total porcelain doll face and never oxidizes. It hasn't broken my very acne prone skin out yet either so that's another bonus. It does have a baby powder like scent which I don't love but this stuff could smell like rotten eggs and I'd still use it. Give it a try if you suffer from a shiny face an hour after you apply your makeup. I also like the blotting papers made by this company. I've been using those forever but never thought to try the other products. Highly recommended.

I have this in translucent. I've used this as both a primer and a setting powder and it does help my make up last all day. I prefer it as a setting powder though. Not a fan of the scent, but it fades quickly. Also it creates quite a mess because I apply it with a powder brush that's too big for the tiny container. Make even more of a mess than other mineral/loose powders I've used. All in all it is a good product for a very reasonable price but I'm not totally in love or anything. Probably won't repurchase. I have noticed it helps keep other make up for oxidizing and turning orange on you though, so that may tempt me to keep this in my beauy arsenal.

on 8/25/2008 12:49:00 PM

I also just bought this on a whim with the summer heat and humidity I thought why not give it a try. Its mattifying effects are above average and last longer than other products I have tried. It also doesn't appear to clog my pores. I am not too keen on the scent but it goes away after a while. The poof that it comes with is awful but I apply with a brush anyway but if you prefer a poof I suggest buying one separately. I just wish the container was a little bigger so that I wouldn't make such a mess when putting powder on the brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I just bought this today on a whim and tried it on, it looks amazingly flawless! It goes on very smooth and natural and it is so light weight not like most of my loose powders that feel cakey and dry!! I feel like my skin can breathe and the redness is evened out. I bought the Natural shade which is a match made in heaven for me; it is a bisque-ish pale beige color which is normally hard to find. Since it is so finely milled it will probably have to be reapplied or at least I will use it with the rice blotting papers i also bought from palladio. My only qualm is that it smells like an old lady when you apply it. I used my powder brush not the square foam thing. I bet this will also be great for ssetting undereye concealer.

EDIT: I don't want to use this anymore because it has talc in it which is a known carcinogen. Same as baby powder.