Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first walked up to the Lancome counter last week, this perfume was everywhere and I thought it was extremely unpleasant. When I saw the salesperson drop a sample into my bag as I made my purchases I thought, "never gonna wear it." I did give it a try it when I got home and I am so glad I did. This must be a perfume that really reacts differently to each person's chemistry. It isn't overly sweet on me, and is just a really lovely scent. It also lasts for ages. I haven't purchased a traditional perfume in years, but I think I'll head back and buy a bottle.

LOVEW this fragrance, already finished one botle and on the second, I think I like most lancome fragrances wore Miracle for years, get so many compliments on this fragrance it is wonderful, sure others have told the notes, dh got it for me at Macys and it is helping my new knee heal, I have two new knees and a lot of perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this fragrance. Probably because it reminds me of flower bomb and not so expensive. It is slightly sweet, vanilla and chocolate seem to be present with a hint of patchouli and of course iris.

on 9/2/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've already finished my big bottle of this. I absolutely love it! I get compliments on it EVERY time I wear it. Definitely not a long wearing perfume, but it stays on me for quite some time during my day. I highly recommend!

on 8/28/2012 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

love this....great warm sweet sexy scent! if you love flowerbomb, this is for u! love!

on 8/28/2012 10:04:00 PM

UPDATE: Ok, tested this again yesterday. Must knock off a couple of lippies. Did I say the initial whiff was a bit harsh? Make that, toxic. I sprayed some on my wrist at Sephora and I couldn't wait to scrub it off. And you're getting this from someone who is NOT afraid of strong scents. If you can wait for the dry-down, you might like this. For me, the initial harshness just took too long to go away. Not for me. .

I sprayed some of this stuff at Sephora today and I liked it. It is sweet, but not in a cotton candy way (like the horrid Acquolina Pink Sugar). More of a gourmand sweet. Unlike others, it's the dry-down I liked. The initial whiff was a bit harsh, but later it turned into a soft, sweet, powdery scent. I love iris, so no problem for me there. This would make a yummy cold weather scent, although I'm one of those people who wears anything anytime.

Would I buy it? I'm not sure. I need to get a sample and wear it for a couple of days before I decide. But the first impression was a good one.

on 8/23/2012 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

La Vie est Belle flaunts loads of powdery iris on top, with jasmine and orange blossom, a generous helping of praline, vanilla, and is anchored with subtle patchouli in the base. Very feminine, extremely sweet, very pretty in the later drydown but a bit overwhelming for me with iris, sweet praline and vanilla in the opening and early in the drydown. Reminds me of a mix of Coco Mademoiselle, Flowerbomb, and Prada Candy. I get several hours of longevity from La Vie Est Belle, and it's around even the next morning. The final drydown the next day is much like Shalimar Initial with the iris, jasmine, vanilla and patchouli.

on 8/22/2012 1:44:00 PM

Well, here's my two cents on this. Loved it at first since I am a big fan of fruity gourmands, or just regular gourmands, but didn't like the drydown. Of course the nice fruity part disappears (sigh...as par usual) and you're left with the heavy-duty I'M A PERFUME smell that just makes you want to yock. I don't know much about "notes" but it was pretty darn strong. So no.

on 8/22/2012 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's very sweet, very cotton candy-like. It reminds me of Flowerbomb by Victor&Rolf. Another perfume that smell's a bit like this is Black XS by Paco Rabanne (but XS is even sweeter). I guess, if you have one of those, you don't really need this one.
This smells like all of the sweet things in a bakery. This is so sugary that I can't really detect much else in this fragrance, which makes it pretty boring to me. Generally, I would say this smells like something one would eat/it smells gourmand. I'm not a fan of such sweet and cloying smells. The description says:
"This gourmand yet elegant composition is developed by perfumers Olivier Polge, Dominique Ropion and Anne Flipo. The final formula is the result achieved after three years of probation and 5000 versions."
So, after 3 years, 3 of France's leading perfumers came up with THIS...?
BTW, I don't consider this an 'elegant' smell - it smells like something a typical teenage girl would wear, and therefore, to me it doesn't smell particularly expensive. The other type of person this reminds me of is a plus-sized super happy lady that loves to bake.
Not work-environment friendly, I would say. Both my boyfriend and I, who both has sensitive noses can't handle this - it's so strong!
The staying power is good - I wish all of the perfumes I love had such staying power. You should be VERY careful about how much you put on - only a few drops is what it takes to fill a small room with the smell of this.

on 8/21/2012 5:46:00 PM

If you like Flowerbomb or Coco Mademoiselle, you'll like this. It's sweet, girly and romantic. It's a lovely introduction to perfumes for a teenage girl. Not so perfect for an adult woman (I'm 28).

Popular Fragrances